Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Talking Steve Miller Band

I know I hear it all the time. Personally I never liked them.

However I do have a brother called Glenn and another brother called Mick (anyone into greyhounds?)
    All The Best
    Steve

Good mucker.

Back on subject then Steve. I take it, like me you believe WHW was innocent. Parry comes across as a bit of a lad, had been in trouble before, even with the Pru, WHW had grassed him up, a score to settle, an unreliable alibi that was revoked later on, the bloodied glove if we believe Parkes etc....
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Hi Ged I am about 80% in favour of William Wallace being innocent.
    After reading James Murphys' book I have been of the opinion that Parry did not do it but from his alibi on the Monday night for the telephone call it is possible he could have made that call.
    However he does seem to have a perfect alibi for the Tuesday night but I am going to study this alibi a little more closely after all we do not know the time of death and thanks to McFall who bungled his initial inspection by relying on rigor for the time of death we don't even have a reliable time frame.
    All The Best
    Steve

Default Parry

Yes, I think it is quite possible for Lily Lloyd's mother to have been inaccurate with the time on the Monday night. I'm not sure about Parry though...Like you say Steve, he seems to have a cast iron alibi for the evening of the murder from 5.30 up till about 8.30. I know I have stated this before that alibis can be fabricated, but I'm just not sure...I do myself tend to lean towards Wallace's innocence. Like you say, we don't know exactly when the killing was committed.

Default Murder Most Foul

There is an Echo supplement in newsagents/vendors called MURDER MOST FOUL. I bought it today. It costs £1.50 and has several notorious local murder cases. The Maybrick Case is covered, as is The Cameo Murder. The Wallace Murder is the centrespread.
    Last edited by Mark R; 04-04-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Hi Mark

Could you do me a favor and pick up a copy of the Echo supplement for me and I will pay you when I see you at the Maybrick event next month?

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Default Murder Most Foul

Sure Chris,

Doesn't matter about payment.

Mark

Cheers mark. I'll get it though I suppose nothing new as emerged and it's all just a reprint of what we already know?

Yeah. Nothing new but worth a read.

I've got a spare copy if Chris or anyone else wants it. Very poor bit of cobbled together, half-inched drivel, IMO.

Default Parry

Hi Mark
    It would seem Parry has a cast iron alibi and although alibis can be fabricated this one seems to involve too many people.

Hi All
    Page 92 of James Murphys' book states that in 1933 Parry refuted the claims that he was the murderer in a newspaper called Empire News.
    Has anyone ever seen this article?
    All The Best
    Steve

Default Alibi

Quote Originally Posted by steve miller View Post
    Hi Mark
    It would seem Parry has a cast iron alibi and although alibis can be fabricated this one seems to involve too many people.
    Hi Steve

Several witnesses claimed George Kelly was in the Beehive Pub prior to the Cameo Murders, which in fact turned out to be totally untrue. Although I have to admit, I am not convinced that Parry committed Julia's murder.

Best
    Mark

Default Ponderables

A few things have always struck me as odd. First, you get the feeling that an insurance agent - particularly one who plays chess for fun - is not the sort of person to set out on a business engagement without first making reference to something as simple as a street directory. It just doesn't seem plausible. Secondly, Wallace seems to have gone to an awful of of trouble to make sure he was seen by reliable (non-passer-by witnesses) in a locality far from his home, at the time his wife was being murdered. Suspicious behaviour or what? Lastly, at a time when home telephones and directories were at a premium (we didn't get ours until 1974!), how did 'Qualtrough' not only know Wallace's line of business, but also his attendance routine at the chess club, the time he'd be there, and the number to call him on?

Let's send DI Sam Tyler back there pronto, to sort this one out.

Default Chess Club

I think it is reasonable to assume that Wallace could have thought the address existed without consulting a directory - hindsight is a marvellous thing! He did actually ask passers by in the Menlove area. First, he asked a woman coming out of a house on Menlove Gardens North and, secondly, a stranger stood at a shelter on Green Lane/Menlove Avenue junction (in fact, two other people who encountered Wallace on the evening in question didn't recognize him in a line-up).
    Wallace's occupation would surely have been well known in the Anfield/Clubmoor area; he did after all make over 560 calls a week. The chess fixtures were listed on the notice board at the chess club - anyone visiting the club could have seen when Wallace was scheduled to play. Admittedly, this doesn't mean WHW would definitely be at the club on the said evening.
    The phone number wouldn't have been a problem - the number was marked on the phone booth at the club.

If he did know his attendance routine at the club, he got it wrong, he wasn't there when he rang.

Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast