Page 51 of 303 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Thanks

Steve/Mark. Yes, I knew one of the alibi's was dodgy and aboult Lily Lloyd retracting hers, that's dodgy enough in itself in my view. He had form as a thief then there was the bloodied glove episode (if it's to be believed) The water just gets muddier.

Advertisements -------
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

Default Lecture

Just been to the lecture on criminal trials at St George's Hall. The lecturer was Steve Binns. Had an interesting discussion with him about the Wallace Case.
    It is Accomplished

Thanks

I've spoken to him about it too and Vincent Burke - both so good at what they do. Steve was there over the weekend too, knowledgeable man.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

Default Murder of Julia Wallace

I just found this spot while looking up the Wallace murder (being a longtime crime buff) and must point out that the authority on the case is Jonathan Goodman, who is the one who identified Parry as the killer and whose book was probably the basis for the TV movie (though not credited). The fact of the matter is that there had recently been a corruption scandal in the Liverpool police force which resulted in many experienced officers being canned. The inexperienced cops who investigated the Wallace case made up their minds that he was guilty, despite evidence to the contrary, and used deception and coercion of witnesses to make the case against him. Even the judge summed up in Wallace's favor, but the jury convicted him in an hour. (I believe they have since been reincarnated as the O.J. Simpson jury.) Poor Wallace, who died of cancer a couple of years later, was just another victim of the killer.

This was the first case ever reversed by the Criminal Court of appeal on the grounds that the verdict was not consistent with the evidence.

Now just ask me about Lizzie Borden.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talpianna View Post
    I just found this spot while looking up the Wallace murder (being a longtime crime buff) and must point out that the authority on the case is Jonathan Goodman, who is the one who identified Parry as the killer and whose book was probably the basis for the TV movie (though not credited). The fact of the matter is that there had recently been a corruption scandal in the Liverpool police force which resulted in many experienced officers being canned. The inexperienced cops who investigated the Wallace case made up their minds that he was guilty, despite evidence to the contrary, and used deception and coercion of witnesses to make the case against him. Even the judge summed up in Wallace's favor, but the jury convicted him in an hour. (I believe they have since been reincarnated as the O.J. Simpson jury.) Poor Wallace, who died of cancer a couple of years later, was just another victim of the killer.
    Yes, Goodman did indeed mention Parry in all but name but Wallace did mention him as a possible suspect. I think if anything, the basis for the TV movie was Roger Wilkes' book The Final Verdict. Wallace actually died of Pyelonephritis and Uraemia. I do largely agree with you though in the fact that it probably wasn't Wallace that committed the crime.
    It is Accomplished

Page 51 of 303 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast