Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Murphy claims that Parry left the Prudential of his own accord (pp.97). I think we can assume that because of his connections Parry would have been asked to resign rather than be sacked. It surely cannot be denied that Parry must have certainly pocketed the £30 Wallace claimed he took. If this were untrue, I'm sure the Police would have have took great pleasure in exposing Wallace as a liar.

It is Accomplished

Good point, he had 'previous' too didn't he Parry. He comes across to everyone who seemed to have met him as smarmy to say the least. That alone might not make him a murderer but out of all the persons and statements known, it makes him the most likely with the most likely motive.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I don't think Parry was the killer. However, if you think about it, if Parry was Qualtrough and had concocted the fiendish plan, he would also be smart enough to realise that he needed his own equally clever alibi. He would know (and he was proved correct) that the finger of suspicion would immediately point to him...

As I said, there is a solution which fits the facts, and it's quite an obvious one really. [Hint; there is something odd about Parry's statements to the Police]
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Lily Lloyd later rubbished one alibi though, it seems he relied too much on his chick and her mother for alibi's.

Tell us who you think it is then and why, something you might think is stonewall might not be if you've overlooked something and you'll be doing better than the rozzers.

Mind you, they seem to have overlooked plenty.

Great having new input into this.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default RGP

I know in one of Parry's statements he mentions a '21st birthday'...
    It is Accomplished

One thing regarding John Parkes' statement (to Roger Wilkes in 1981) that I don't think anyone has really commented on..."he started rambling again about a bar which he'd hidden outside a doctor's house in Priory Rd. He said he'd dropped it down a grid outside the house..."

Well in 1931 there was a doctor in Priory Rd. In fact there were two...
    The first was, of all people, the Wallaces' own doctor, Dr. Louis Curwen, who lived at Number 111.
    The second was Dr. George Thomson Bogle, who lived at Number 9.

Outside both houses are drainage grids. If anyone fancies going up there with some picks and crowbars, I'm game!
    Celeriter Nil Crede

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by RodCrosby View Post
    One thing regarding John Parkes' statement (to Roger Wilkes in 1981) that I don't think anyone has really commented on..."he started rambling again about a bar which he'd hidden outside a doctor's house in Priory Rd. He said he'd dropped it down a grid outside the house..."

The first was, of all people, the Wallaces' own doctor, Dr. Louis Curwen, who lived at Number 111.

Outside both houses are drainage grids. If anyone fancies going up there with some picks and crowbars, I'm game!
    me too!!

Yes Mark, that is a hell of a coincidence (among far too many for my liking), but there is something else in Parry's statement regarding his movements on the Tuesday night, which (to me) doesn't ring true... I wonder if modern-day lexical analysis could shed any light on it....
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Yes you're right. Dr Curwen was the Wallaces doctor. I remember when I first heard John Parkes make that statement I thought 'why doesn't someone go and take a look?'
    We'd probably be told to push off by the police though!
    It is Accomplished

We'll never crack the case at this rate!!! I'm game to have a go, but I'd need someone else there as a witness. PM me if interested.

Parkes statement has the ring of truth. If it was a 1980s fabrication (and let's not forget that's possible, like the "Diary of JTR" ) I would have expected him to have been a little too specific, like naming a doctor he found in Kelly's directory...

Have you twigged about the fishy part of Parry's statement?

Btw, earlier this week I did some runs around Anfield and Clubmoor between 8pm and 9pm. Twice I travelled by car from Richmond Park to 49 Lisburn Lane via Lower Breck Rd and West Derby Rd. I did not exceed 30 miles an hour, and the traffic light was against me on both occasions. The first time took 2mins 30secs, the second 2mins 45secs.

I also travelled from the Post Office on Maiden Lane to Richmond Park via Townsend Lane twice. Both times took exactly 4 minutes. However there are some deadly speed bumps for a large part of the route which were not there in 1931. I doubt the route would have taken more than 3 minutes in 1931...
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Interesting... I know what you mean about the speed bumps.

I covered the Close milk route twice last year and it took me 5.31 secs & 5.25 respectively. And that was without the stops Close would have had to make. I honestly believe it would have taken Close more like 7-8 minutes. I know he claimed he hurried by I still don't think he would have done it in the time stated.

Yes, I agree regarding Parkes statement. If he would have suddenly appeared and gave that statement (with no previous mention of it) I would have been dubious but he had witnesses to corroborate it at the time. I think he could have added more (in a sensational way) but kept it rather low-key.

Not sure about the fishy part of Parry's statement... I'll have another look at it in a minute.

Are you serious about Priory Road?
    Last edited by Mark R; 03-01-2008 at 09:56 PM.
    It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Not sure about the fishy part of parry's statement...
    Well, Wallace's statement is matter of fact. I did this, I did that. So is Parry's up to a point. But then he changes gear..."I then went out and bought some cigarrettes - Players No3, and the Evening Express from Mr. Hodgson, Post Office, Maiden Lane, on the way to my young lady's house. When I was turning the corner by the Post Office I remembered that I had promised to call for my accumulator at Hignetts in West Derby Rd, Tuebrook. I went there and got my accumulator and then went down West Derby Rd and along Lisburn Lane to Mrs Williamson, 49 Lisburn Lane, and saw her..."

Well that all sounds a little too careful and specific to me, as if he has rehearsed that bit. He's on his way to Lily's and stops off for fags. Why is it then necessary to identify the exact point that he "remembered" he had to go for the accumulator, or why is it necessary at all to have a reason (remembering) about the accumulator? He doesn't say the precise route he took to get there, but is very careful to state the precise route he took away from Hignett's, which of course also happens to be in a direction away from the vicinity of Richmond Park.

It sounds very much to me as if he is trying to make his movements "dove-tail" together, to conceal something else he was doing in the 30+ minutes between leaving Mrs Brine and arriving at Lily's Lloyd's. Interesting too that the Lloyds effectively say he could have arrived a little after 9pm, and was in any case late. How late? Was he originally expected at 8.30pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Are you serious about Priory Road?
    Yes, although I doubt we'll find anything. The roads have probably been dug-up half a dozen times since 1931....
    Last edited by RodCrosby; 03-02-2008 at 01:13 AM.
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Well, Wallace's statement is matter of fact. I did this, I did that. So is Parry's up to a point. But then he changes gear..."I then went out and bought some cigarrettes - Players No3, and the Evening Express from Mr. Hodgson, Post Office, Maiden Lane, on the way to my young lady's house. When I was turning the corner by the Post Office I remembered that I had promised to call for my accumulator at Hignetts in West Derby Rd, Tuebrook. I went there and got my accumulator and then went down West Derby Rd and along Lisburn Lane to Mrs Williamson, 49 Lisburn Lane, and saw her..."

Well that all sounds a little too careful and specific to me, as if he has rehearsed that bit. He's on his way to Lily's and stops off for fags. Why is it then necessary to identify the exact point that he "remembered" he had to go for the accumulator, or why it is necessary at all to have a reason (remembering) about the accumulator? He doesn't say the precise route he took to get there, but is very careful to state the precise route he took away from Hignett's, which of course also happens to be in a direction away from the vicinity of Richmond Park.

It sounds very much to me as if he is trying to make his movements "dove-tail" together, to conceal something else he was doing in the 30+ minutes between leaving Mrs Brine and arriving at Lily's Lloyd's. Interesting too that the Lloyds effectively say he could have arrived a little after 9pm, and was in any case late. How late? Was he originally expected at 8.30pm?
    Yes I was just reading that. Also that Mrs. Lloyd stated that Parry called [on the 20th] at 9pm or a little later and my daughter told him he was late...Funny that Parry should be quite close to Missouri Road (Hodgson's Post Office) and then suddenly decide to go and get his accumulator...
    It is Accomplished

Well, Mark, you know where this is leading..
    I think Parry continued up Maiden Lane, turned left into Townsend Lane, left at the Triangle into Rochester Road and then ....
    picked someone up...
    perhaps at the recreation ground, (which was pitch-black the night I tested this theory)..
    He then continued up Lower Breck Rd, turned left into West Derby Rd, perhaps stopping as he said at Hignett's. Somewhere near this part of the route he dropped his passenger off (probably at his home), but not before the passenger had left him with a couple of "souvenirs" - a pair of bloodstained gloves and an iron bar....
    Celeriter Nil Crede

DaisyChains

Well, Mark, you know where this is leading..
    I think Parry continued up Maiden Lane, turned left into Townsend Lane, left at the Triangle into Rochester Road and then ....
    picked someone up...
    perhaps at the recreation ground, (which was pitch-black the night I tested this theory)..
    He then continued up Lower Breck Rd, turned left into West Derby Rd, perhaps stopping as he said at Hignett's. Somewhere near this part of the route he dropped his passenger off (probably at his home), but not before the passenger had left him with a couple of "souvenirs" - a pair of bloodstained gloves and an iron bar....
    This is all really interesting stuff

Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast