Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

That will be Richmond terrace (rather than street) off Breck rd.

Yes, the big house was at the cul-de-sac end. (Although officially it wasn't a cul-de-sac as you could walk throught the alley into Richmond Park. No traffic could pass through it though.
    It was the grounds of the house that separated it from Wolverton and made the street a dead end (excuse the pun)

I'm surprised that I could never find anything about Campbells Dance Hall on the internet - you'd think it would be listed somewhere!

I remember me and my mate telling two lads that we were sisters and we lived there in that big house .. when they walked us home we told them they had to leave us at the drive way 'cos our dad was so strict he would chase them if he saw them -ha! We pretended to walk down to 'our' front door but we hid at the back until the lads had gone

I only saw a bit of the interior of the house when it was left empty.
    The hallway had typical Victorian style tiled floor and a sweeping staircase if my memory serves me correctly.
    There was a games room in there with a snooker table.

Oh, if only I'd taken pictures

Yes, Richmond Terrace. I think it was numbered 5 and on the left on entering (from Breck Road end).
    It is Accomplished

Hi Mark good luck with the research and like the others I look forward to reading your results.
    If at all possible could you post the actual telephone conversation between Qualtrough and Beattie as it appears in Beatties' statement please.
    I understand if you don't want to due to your ongoing research.

Hi All if anyone is interested I am selling two studies in crime and Murderer Scott-Free send me a message if you are interested
    All The Best
    Steve

Default Beattie

Hi Steve,

Yes, I'll try and get the statement up here. There are actually two statements made by Beattie.
    It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Hi Steve,

Yes, I'll try and get the statement up here. There are actually two statements made by Beattie.

Hi Mark,

Are you working with Slemen on this ? And have you contacted any publishers to see if there's any interest in putting out another Wallace book ?

AP.

No, I'm not working with Slemen. I'm doing it single handed. I'm awaiting responses from publishers I've wrote to.
    It is Accomplished

Default Wallace Defence team

Out of all the photographs connected with the Wallace Case this is my favourite. Taken in 1969 in conjunction with the publishing of Jonathan Goodman's classic The Killing of Julia Wallace. It shows (from l to r); Hector Munro (Wallace's solicitor), Jonathan Goodman, Dr Robert Coope (Honorary Assistant Physician to the Liverpool Royal Infirmary and Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry and Acting Demonstrator in Medical Pathology at the University of Liverpool in 1931) and James Henry Dible (Professor of Pathology at Liverpool University at the time of the Wallace Case).
    The photo would have been greatly enhanced by the presence of Wallace's Junior Defence Counsel Sydney Scholefield Allen but he was unable to attend the press conference due to ill health.
    Last edited by Mark R; 12-27-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

Out of all the photographs connected with the Wallace Case this is my favourite. Taken in 1969 in conjunction with the publishing of Jonathan Goodman's classic The Killing of Julia Wallace. It shows (from l to r); Hector Munro (Wallace's solicitor), Jonathan Goodman, Dr Robert Coope (Honorary Assistant Physician to the Liverpool Royal Infirmary and Lecturer in Clinical Chemistry and Acting Demonstrator in Medical Pathology at the University of Liverpool in 1931) and James Henry Dible (Professor of Pathology at Liverpool University at the time of the Wallace Case).
    The photo would have been greatly enhanced by the presence of Wallace's Junior Defence Counsel Sydney Scholefield Allen but he was unable to attend the press conference due to ill health.
    A brilliant piece of historical photography!
    I am sure there is alot of scope for another Wallace book
    When was the last one published?

No, I'm not working with Slemen. I'm doing it single handed. I'm awaiting responses from publishers I've wrote to.
    Hope all things go well for you Mark.

Thanks lindylou

DS. The last full-length study on the Wallace Case was James Murphy'sThe Murder of Julia Wallace (published by Bluecoat Press in 2001). The previous one to that was The Insurance Man by Richard Waterhouse and published in 1994. Both books were paperback.
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

Thanks lindylou

DS. The last full-length study on the Wallace Case was James Murphy'sThe Murder of Julia Wallace (published by Bluecoat Press in 2001). The previous one to that was The Insurance Man by Richard Waterhouse and published in 1994. Both books were paperback.
    Brilliant stuff.
    I think there is definitely an opening in the market for another book, there are little things you will probably pick up on the way and your own perspectives on things.

I think so too. It could be a long laborious trek though...Goodman took three years to write his book and Murphy, seven I believe. Now I know why. I've been at it two years now!
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

I think so too. It could be a long laborious trek though...Goodman took three years to write his book and Murphy, seven I believe. Now I know why. I've been at it two years now!
    Don't fret! All good works take time!
    If there's any help you need, just ask!

Thanks DaisyChains

Will do!
    It is Accomplished

Default Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I've read that book Ged, really enjoyable. Am I right in remembering that Murray concluded by saying Wallace was the murderer and had got the timing absolutely spot on, discrediting the evidence of a milk or paper boy by saying he could have misread the clock when saying what time he had seen Julia alive.

The man From the Pru was released on video in USA but doesnt appear to have been done so here.
    Hi all,

I am a newbie on the block and feeling my way around and noticed this subject.

My parents rented a council house in Agar Road, West Derby, Liverpool 11 in 1923 when I was born.
    As a small boy I remember there were times when my Mum did not have enough to pay the rent or other commitments collected at the door. We would all go into the back room when a collector knocked on the door and lie on the floor hiding behind the sofa!

One of those collectors was in fact a Mr. Wallace from the Prudential Insurance Company and sometimes he would peer through the back window to see if we were there! Scary! I seem to remember that he looked very much like Neville Chamberlain. Later my parents used to talk about him as the murderer - all a bit scary.

So for what it is worth you heard it from someone who was involved in a small way with him.

Cheers

Ken

Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast