Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

DaisyChains

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Hi DaisyChains

Here's the contact details (in case you don't know them):

LIVERPOOL ARTISTES P.O. BOX 61 LIVERPOOL L13 OEF
    CONTACT US: 0789 606 1382.

Hi Steve

Yes, I am trying to find out where the Parry, Young & Marsden statements are.
    Hiya Mark
    Thanks for looking into that. Did you send your payment when you wrote off?

I sent off a cheque. I asked them how much it was first (I think it was £10 + £1 p&p). The picture is good quality.
    Good luck with that!

Mark

DaisyChains

I sent off a cheque. I asked them how much it was first (I think it was £10 + £1 p&p). The picture is good quality.
    Good luck with that!

Mark
    Thanks Mark
    I am sending off today!

Have you started writing the book yet?

Default Wallace Case

Hi DaisyChains

Yes, I've been scribbling things down amid researching the case. I would also hope to include as many photographs as possible. I have quite an extensive range.

Mark

DaisyChains

Brilliant.
    I'm sure it will sell really well

Default Wallace Book

Thanks for that. I hope to be able to get a copy of the Radio City broadcast from 20th January 1981 (Roger Wilkes) programme Who Killed Julia? I remember it being on the radio many years ago. It was on for about two hours. Bit of trivia; Sidney Hubert Green (the 23 year old clerk that Wallace spoke to in Dudlow Lane on his quest for R.M. Qualtrough) died on 20th January 1981. Who would have believed that he would die on the exact date 50 years after his encounter with WHW? Creepy...
    Last edited by Mark R; 08-14-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Default Who Killed Julia Wallace?

John Chegwin appeared in both this (as PC Serjeant) and The Man From The Pru (as the Prison Governor).

Shay Gorman appeared as DS Hubert Moore. For those who may remember, Gorman appeared as Molloy in the series Boys From The Blackstuff.
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

Here's a credit list for the docu-drama:

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/397240?view=cast

John Chegwin appeared in both this (as PC Serjeant) and The Man From The Pru (as the Prison Governor).

Shay Gormon appeared as DS Hubert Moore. For those who may remember, Gormon appeared as Molloy in the series Boys From The Blackstuff.
    brilliant stuff mark.
    I looked on imdb.com for this, but no trace of it.

Default WKJW?

Hi DaisyChains

Yes you're right. There's no mention of it on IMDb. (I mis-spelt the name of the actor playing Moore - it should be Gorman). I wrote to The Film Archive a few years ago and a copy of it would probably be about £200 (or even more!) Hopefully it might be released one day. I remember seeing it in October 1975 on ITV (when I was 9) and being completely mesmerised! I'm sure it was on again in the early 1980's (didn't video it though). Billy Butler has a regular spot titled I Haven't Seen It For Years (where he asks listeners if they have copies of more obscure programmes/films) but no sign of anything yet. The good thing with Billy is, he keeps everything on record and keeps looking.

Regards
    Mark
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

Hi DaisyChains

Yes you're right. There's no mention of it on IMDb. (I mis-spelt the name of the actor playing Moore - it should be Gorman). I wrote to The Film Archive a few years ago and a copy of it would probably be about £200 (or even more!) Hopefully it might be released one day. I remember seeing it in October 1975 on ITV (when I was 9) and being completely mesmerised! I'm sure it was on again in the early 1980's (didn't video it though). Billy Butler has a regular spot titled I Haven't Seen It For Years (where he asks listeners if they have copies of more obscure programmes/films) but no sign of anything yet. The good thing with Billy is, he keeps everything on record and keeps looking.

Regards
    Mark
    That's brilliant. I wish there were more people like that!
    Maybe we could try putting ads in some local papers want sections? (Loot, echo, merseymart)
    I sent my cheque for Man from the Pru today, so looking forward to that

Have you written any of your book yet?

Default The Man From The Pru

Hi DaisyChains

Glad you've ordered The Man From The Pru. I hope the BFI release Who Killed Julia Wallace? on DVD. It is quite possible (maybe if enough of us wrote to them!!). Yes, I've been writing parts of the book (It is a bit disjointed at the moment, with writing different sections!)
    On the credit list for Who Killed Julia Wallace? The names should read:

MacFall (not McFall)

Johnston (without the 'e' at the end)

Hemmerde (not Hammerde)

Allan Close

Serjeant (not Sargent)

Metcalf (not Metcalfe)

Had to get that off my chest!
    Last edited by Mark R; 08-14-2007 at 10:24 PM.
    It is Accomplished

DaisyChains

Hi DaisyChains

Glad you've ordered The Man From The Pru. I hope the BFI release Who Killed Julia Wallace? on DVD. It is quite possible (maybe if enough of us wrote to them!!). Yes, I've been writing parts of the book (It is a bit disjointed at the moment, with writing different sections!)
    On the credit list for Who Killed Julia Wallace? The names should read:

MacFall (not McFall)

Johnston (without the 'e' at the end)

Hemmerde (not Hammerde)

Allan Close

Serjeant (not Sargent)

Metcalf (not Metcalfe)

Had to get that off my chest!

My Man from the Pru came today...it's really good, I am only half way through so far though
    Was it actually filmed in Liverpool at all?
    It's a very very dark film but I suppose it had to be for the subject matter

Default The Man From The Pru

Hiya DaisyChains

The film was actually filmed in Wolverton Street (not at number 29 though). The company saw that number 10 was being renovated and they used that instead! Rob Rohrer (the director) actually originates from Anfield and he said he always wanted to do a movie version. Allison Daly (who plays the young girl Vicky Foster in the film) was actually 17 but played the part of a 12 year old. Allison ended up working for...wait for it...the company that originally defended Wallace and known as; Herbert J Davis, Berthen & Munro! The tram scenes used in the film were filmed in Fleetwood. Sefton Park Palm House features in the film (not far from 83 Ullet Road, where Amy Wallace lived at the time of the case, and where WHW was arrested on the evening of 2nd February 1931). St. George's Hall was actually used for the trial scenes. Other locations used were Clubmoor & Calderstones Park.
    Yes, it is a dark film.
    Last edited by Mark R; 08-19-2007 at 08:18 PM.
    It is Accomplished

Default Wallace Route

Hope to go on the Wallace route tomorrow afternoon (weather permitting). I'll hopefully get some photos and put them up on here.
    It is Accomplished

Default 24B North John Street

Cottle City Cafe was situated here (under the right hand doric entrance)
    Last edited by Mark R; 12-27-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    It is Accomplished

Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast