Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

MissInformed

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    There was also a docu-drama shown in October 1975 called Who Killed Julia Wallace? I'll never forget seeing it! I was 9 at the time. My mother told me that it happened 'just up the road' from our house. We watched the programme and visited 29 Wolverton Street the very next night. Since then I have been hooked! It was a very good drama. They used the actual locations in Anfield and the cast were unknown.
    grrrrrr im jealous! would love to see it!

There was also the one made for t.v. featuring Geoffrey Hughes alias Corries Eddie Yates as a copper - it was in the late 90s I think. Carrie, get yourself the James Murphy book outta the book clearance centre, mind you it was about 2 years ago I got mine from there, very atmospheric though I don't agree with his outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    grrrrrr im jealous! would love to see it!
    I emailed ITV last year to get them to reshow that thing. Never got a reply. Maybe a few of us should make a concerted effort to get them to air it again. Alternatively, I think their Archives department will happily provide a VHS/DVD of it for about £200 !!!

AP

The back entry of Wolverton st. Couldn't get in to take a closer shot as it is alleygated. I'll take one of the street next time I'm passing.

The Wallace house is on the right of the photo where the furthest bin is.
    There is actually another narrow alley which cuts across the middle ( see in 2nd attachment.)
    These alley gates are very restricting when it comes to taking photies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	w.JPG 
Views:	513 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	1541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross alley.JPG 
Views:	493 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	1548  
    Last edited by lindylou; 02-20-2007 at 02:23 PM.

Wolverton st, how it looks today.

1st view looking up the street from Richmond Park.
    2nd view looks down from the cul-de-sac end.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolv from rich.JPG 
Views:	488 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	1549   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wol down view.JPG 
Views:	496 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	1550  

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    The back entry of Wolverton st. Couldn't get in to take a closer shot as it is alleygated. I'll take one of the street next time I'm passing.

The Wallace house is on the right of the photo where the furthest bin is.
    There is actually another narrow alley which cuts across the middle ( see in 2nd attachment.)
    These alley gates are very restricting when it comes to taking photies.
    Great pics, Lindy. Thanks! I was wondering about your mention of the back entries now being "alleygated." Is this now a general thing in Liverpool and other British cities? I can remember playing in the "jiggers" when I was a little boy -- we lived on Bromley Avenue near Greenbank Park for a while, and that's the specific location I remember from that time -- and later sneaking down a back entry from a girlfriend's in the Kensington area when I was a teenager.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Yes, all the alleyways are gated in L'pool Not sure about elsewhere.

The trouble is that you can't take short cuts now. You have to go all around the world to get from A to B.

A small price to pay though because it also means that housebreakers and muggers also can't take the shortcuts now nor use the cover of darkness or off street means to partake in their dusk activities and as such, burglaries have now decreased. There's also no bin bag dumping. It's a pain in the bladder for us chaps who are caught short though .

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    A small price to pay though because it also means that housebreakers and muggers also can't take the shortcuts now nor use the cover of darkness or off street means to partake in their dusk activities and as such, burglaries have now decreased. There's also no bin bag dumping. It's a pain in the bladder for us chaps who are caught short though .
    There are a few alleys though that arent gated due to objections. In effect what the council did was illegal and if somebody objected, they couldnt go ahead. Its only recent legislation that has allowed for compulsory gating if the council and police can show its necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    There was also the one made for t.v. featuring Geoffrey Hughes alias Corries Eddie Yates as a copper - it was in the late 90s I think. Carrie, get yourself the James Murphy book outta the book clearance centre, mind you it was about 2 years ago I got mine from there, very atmospheric though I don't agree with his outcome.

Yes - that was The Man from the Pru. I believe it was made in 1989. The book clearance don't have any more copies as of James Murphy's book as far as I'm aware. I agree with you though Ged - it is a great book, but I don't agree with Murphy's verdict.

Re: Who Killed Julia Wallace
    I actually wrote to Yorkshire TV (it was actually made by them) but did not recieve anything of note. Yes, I also wrote to the TV archive and the cost would come to over £250. I'm sure the programme was aired again in the early 80's.

Just remembered another Wallace documentary aired. Does anyone remember Bloody Murder? It was hosted by Corrie's Lee Boardman and appeared in 2004. There were some good episodes in the series, including The Wallace and Maybrick Cases. The Wallace episode centred around the probable outcome that it was RG Parry who committed the offence. I'm not really convinced of Parry's guilt though...

If the bloodied glove in the car is to be believed then I'd have to go with the RGP option as there could be no other explaination that he was in on it somewhere (even if he'd lent his car out)

I remember John McArdle (ex Brookside) doing a murder series which included a murder down by Pall Mall and a body being pushed in a wheelbarrow in a sack and being dumped in the canal was mentioned but can't remember that other one.

Default Parry 'Alibi'

I agree that Parry shouldn't be removed from the equation - I know he had an alibi for the evening of the killing, and also the time of the phone call the night before, but these could be fabricated. I'm just not convinced that it was him though. He was interviewed at Tuebrook Police Station and was discovered to not have any blood on him - (or is this part of the conspiracy?). John Parkes seemed so adamant that Parry was guilty of something...

Do you give any credence to Tom Slemen's John Johnstone theory?

I didn't at first - but I think on the possibilities in this case, that they could have committed the crime. I have never been 100% sure of the guilt of WHW, especially the complete lack of bloodstaining on his person (and I must say that James Murphy's theory didn't convince me that Wallace took a bath either).There are lots of points that I would address though to Tom Slemen, as I am not too convinced of his theory...
    Last edited by Mark R; 03-14-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast