Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

WHW could even admitted to the murder or to his part in the murder (with Parry as an accomplice) on his deathbed, never mind not having to face double jeapardy. WHW used to go on quite walks with Julia into the park, he had an amatuer laboratory - far easier ways for her to meet her end than to be bludgeoned with blood everywhere.

I like Murphy's book for its atmosphere, he also discovered the age gap (even if the captions to one of the pics in the book showing the marriage cert is incorrect) but i'm afraid his cherry picking of the Parry statement to provide the conclusion that the murderer was WHW was unprofessional and as bad a failure to investigate all possibilities as was the police in 1931. Murphy overly makes too much of it being dark on that night and criminal profiling too. If we now add what we know about Parry's true statement into that book, it gives a whole new dimension to the conclusion.

I did once think that the murder could have been commited at anytime WHW was known to be out, even on the monday night while he was at the chess club but can only come to the conclusion that if he'd just gone there to play the game and get back home to his ill wife as soon as possible, this may only have allowed a shorter period of time to commit the murder.

I'm still at odds to how the murderer knew for sure that WHW got the message and actually went to Allerton. It would have meant two vantage points having to be covered and in the fog and dark too.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I'm still at odds to how the murderer knew for sure that WHW got the message and actually went to Allerton. It would have meant two vantage points having to be covered and in the fog and dark too.
    If you start with the viewpoint that this was an intended robbery, you don't have to beat yourself up over all of that. At every stage there was a risk-free getout.

1. If Wallace didn't get the message, game over. Qualtrough would have found Wallace and Julia at 29 Wolverton Street on the Tuesday, but could however have talked his way out of the situation, alas empty-handed...

2. If Wallace didn't go to Allerton, game over. Qualtrough would have found Wallace and Julia at 29 Wolverton Street on the Tuesday, but could however have talked his way out of the situation, alas empty-handed...

3. If Wallace went to Allerton but Julia refused to admit Qualtrough, game over. Qualtrough could however have talked his way out of the situation, alas empty-handed...

In which case Julia Wallace might have lived on in obscurity, and perhaps herself have eventually forgotten the name Qualtrough....

The crime could only proceed if ALL pieces fell into place. If they didn't - well, there was a risk-free exit available at every step, and back to the drawing board...

The tragedy was that they all DID fall into place - but instead of a paltry, trivial robbery, something went disastrously wrong, and Julia lost her life in an extremely brutal manner.

As an aside, Julia must have been a smart cookie, and smarter than her husband ever gave her credit for. Ironically, her intelligence would cost her her life...

And, btw, in terms of keeping tabs on Wallace, to anticipate/confirm his movements on Monday/Tuesday, it goes without saying that TWO pairs of eyes would be more useful than one...
    Celeriter Nil Crede

How could Parry talk his way out of it....and Wallace might and probably would get the message eventually. Parry got booted from the Pru for stealing..if he was gonna rob Wallace and his wife, he might try with a plot that had a chance of working out. Not go to absurd lengths that gained barely any advantage over just randomly coming in and robbing them to gain a measly profit, with incredible risk.

Your theory is so implausible on so many levels. Even if you think Parry was behind it, why then not do it himself? How could he get someone else to go along with, be the guilty face (and the crime assuming it went off without a hitch and perfectly (huge assumption there) WOULD be reported and he would numero uno suspect.)

The reason why this has been such a mystery is the juxtaposition of Wallace's seeming alibi based on time, blood spatter avoidance, and the missing weapon with the fact that the Qualtrough plan was so obviously a contrived murder plot.

"How could Parry talk his way out of it?"

Try to keep up. Parry wouldn't have had to talk his way out of anything, being the mastermind in the background...

It was his accomplice (Mr."X"), who the Wallaces didn't know from Adam, who could easily "talk his way out", if the cards indicated "Game Over", at any of the steps I indicated above.

The tragedy was that the signals indicated "Game On", but the game turned to unexpected murder....
    Celeriter Nil Crede

How sure are you of your theory, Rod? I mean, what percentage value would you assign to it.

It's the only one that is compatible with all the known facts*, and does not venture into the realm of pure speculation/fantasy#...

* including Parkes' 'testimony'
    # Slemen, Gannon?, "The Insurance Man"?

I'd give my theory about a 90% chance of being, in broad brush terms, correct.

to wit:-

Parry: the Mastermind
    Mr. X: the Instrument (of a robbery, which unexpectedly and catastrophically escalated to Murder)
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Okay, 90 percent?

I'd give my theory a 95 percent chance of being correct...with Wallace's guilt at about 99.9. I'd give your theory 0.05 percent chance.

"I'd give my theory a 95 percent chance of being correct"

Whatever. Can we have a full exposition again, so we can pick it to pieces?
    Celeriter Nil Crede

By the way, the diary which you use as evidence against my theory has a kicker that will stun all of you. You know my theory already. Wallace is the mastermind...Parry made the call...Marsden did the deed.

“Never forget that Wallace was a chessplayer. ... I should say that, broadly speaking, any man with common sense would have said that Wallace’s alibi was too good to be true, but that is not an argument you can hang a man on.”’ -Justice Wright the presiding trial judge who summed up for acquittal.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrosstheuniverse View Post
    “Never forget that Wallace was a chessplayer. ... I should say that, broadly speaking, any man with common sense would have said that Wallace’s alibi was too good to be true, but that is not an argument you can hang a man on.”’ -Justice Wright the presiding trial judge who summed up for acquittal.
    The above quote is unsourced, and quite possibly apocryphal. Even if genuine it's at least 50 years old hardly relevant in the light of more recently disclosed facts.
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I hope any new found diary 'kicker' can also be proven as it is known that what still existed of WHW diary had already been gone over. I would hope at least a copy of the relevant entry in WHW's handwriting would be supplied in the book as that would surely be critical evidence against him. I am all for anything that brings the mystery ever closer to a conclusion.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I hope any new found diary 'kicker' can also be proven as it is known that what still existed of WHW diary had already been gone over. I would hope at least a copy of the relevant entry in WHW's handwriting would be supplied in the book as that would surely be critical evidence against him. I am all for anything that brings the mystery ever closer to a conclusion.
    Oh dear...Yes Ged. Others now putting their beliefs in another diary. I thought we'd had enough with this one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TDOJTR.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	24173

Btw Ged, I went to the National Archives, Kew in November. I copied the complete Wallace files. I also managed to view the Who Killed Julia Wallace? docu-drama. I'm hoping to add a chapter on this to the book.

Regards, Mark
    It is Accomplished

Really enjoyed catching up on all the recent posts!! For what its worth,I find my self agreeing 100% with ATU..sorry ROD,but I've never thought robbery as a motive, was anything other than a poor smokescreen! PARRY ticks ALL the boxes as Qualtrough.WHW could not possibly have killed JULIA himself,though I think lying about her age is at least a possible motive..but we really dont know what the REAL situation was between the "happy" couple do we...I agree the diary was written purely for "public consumption" as were his strange JOHN BULL reflections(?) Nothing we know about WHW would suggest he would sensationally exclaim "YES,it was me all along"...seems totally out of character too me & in reality,very few aquitted murderers admit fully to guilt afterwards(offhand, I can only recall Donald Hume)
    Just reverting back to the time JULIA was last seen alive...presumably JAMES ALLISON WILDMAN is now dead,or well into his 90's(?)... I note that James Murphy in his book mentions a conversatuion with WILDMAN at the Childwall Fiveways pub.on 4th Dec.1995(P.216).I wish we had a full transcript,because I've just found a newspaper cutting from about 10 years ago from J A WILMANN(sic)Green Lane headed THE PAPER BOY SPEAKS OUT which states that ALAN CLOSE stated that he handed her the milk at 6.30 and that it was the paperboy who was able to prove to the defending solicitors that the time was 6.45..how did he know,he WAS the the paperboy....IAN (FJumble)

Quote Originally Posted by IAN DAVID FRYER View Post
    Just reverting back to the time JULIA was last seen alive...presumably JAMES ALLISON WILDMAN is now dead,or well into his 90's(?)
    He died in 2005.

It is Accomplished

Page 91 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 ... LastLast