Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by Prefrab View Post
    But Ged was in his dressing gown , slippers and had a a cup of Horlicks
    I think you're getting Ged mixed up with Noel Coward
    It is Accomplished

Goodman does not mention some relevant issues. Am I right in thinking he was not privy to everything back then?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Goodman does not mention some relevant issues. Am I right in thinking he was not privy to everything back then?
    Yes Ged you're correct. Goodman did not have access to everything back then. He also wrote a stand alone book that was open to question - in other words how he saw it.
    It is Accomplished

Also, I think Goodman's 2nd edition of his book in 1987 was just a re-print of the first so there isn't 2 editions - ie different books.

I wonder how things would have panned out if this had happened these days?.........with CCTV, mobile phones, forensics etc..........and William Wallace would have had to settle for a desk job in the Pru, not sure there are any insurance collectors nowadays.

And possibly - a more stringent police force these days, not the one knocked up in 1931 that made glaring errors.

Default THE DEVIL IN THE DETAIL

Also, I think Goodman's 2nd edition of his book in 1987 was just a re-print of the first so there isn't 2 editions - ie different books.
    Hi again GED...surely the 2nd volume would be ROGER WILKES 1981 book"Who Killed Julia"(based on the Radio City investigation)which heavily involved GOODMAN & named RICHARD GORDON PARRY for the first time? FJumble

Thanks for clearing that up Ian and John. So I take it Murphy's book holds no credence with yourselves. Not suggesting it should but what do you think of it. Obviously John, your book comes to a different conclusion altogether than all 3 mentioned so i'm wondering why praise would be heaped on any previous books reaching what must be in your mind, an incorrect conclusion

Mark. It goes without saying I look forward to your publication. John, can't wait for your offering either and already, you've highlighted the full Parry, Lily Lloyd and her mother's statements which i've not seen before.

Hi John. Thanks for that. Didn't know about the other book that you will be vying against though I might end up with them both. Both close on the heels of Tom Slemen's version of events too. Just like the buses along Scottie when waiting to go the match one time. None, then 3 all at once.

Default TWO New Books on THE case

My sentiments exactly GED...you wait ages for a bus.... Thanks very much JOHN for bringing the R.BARTLE new book to our attention. The publisher's informaton gives no indication about which aspect of the case the author concentrates on..but it would appear to be a legal treatise. However, the title,encouragingly suggests emphasis on the MURDER itself rather than the TRIAL(?). It may perhaps,not add any new theories/facts,but I for one will buy anything new on the case...I even bought TOM SLEMEN's latest fantasy. l was pleased with the MURPHY book at the time ..if only for the bomb-shell about JULIA'S age..though I could never agree with his conclusion that WHW personally killed JULIA & then coolly set off on his abortive tram journey! I'm still convinced this is impossible for all the many reasons we've stated previously!! Though,nowadays,as you know,I cannot rule out WHW's involvement in his wife's killing using R.G.PARRY as Qualtrough & possibly J.MARSDEN as the hit-man(perhaps clearer when I've read John's book!!) Maybe by the time the 81st anniversary comes around, we will all have a new view on who killed Julia & WHY!! FJumble

I too have just bought Tom Slemen's book - Murder on Merseyside, published by regular Yo Contributor Colin Wilkinson of Bluecoat Press.

There are 24 murder cases covered. Not sure you can do the Julia Wallace one justice in such a short amount of pages but reading it now.

A couple of things ive notice right away is that TS says WHW attended the chess club almost every week though he had missed several weeks before the murder which may prove to be vital (as in would Qualthrough had known he was definitely going that night and thereby receive his message. The chess tie he was due to play meant nothing as he'd missed previous ones and was playing catch up. However, I wonder if this tie HAD to be played by that night or he'd forfeit his place?

TS also says the phone box is in Breck Road which of course it wasn't.

I will report back. What did you conclude of it Ian, I notice you call it a fantasy.

Just to clear one thing up Mark. TS did not say JSJ sent WHW around the front of the house again, that was my mistake.

A couple of things ive notice right away is that TS says WHW attended the chess club almost every week though he had missed several weeks before the murder which may prove to be vital (as in would Qualthrough had known he was definitely going that night and thereby receive his message. The chess tie he was due to play meant nothing as he'd missed previous ones and was playing catch up. However, I wonder if this tie HAD to be played by that night or he'd forfeit his place?.
    The final fixtures for the championship were February 21st so I would have assumed the members had up to then to resolve their sequences of matches. Wallace wasn't the only erratic member to visit the club. Others also missed some games.

TS also says the phone box is in Breck Road which of course it wasn't..
    It was on the corner of Rochester Road and Breck Road so technically he is half right!

Just to clear one thing up Mark. TS did not say JSJ sent WHW around the front of the house again, that was my mistake.
    Thanks Ged
    It is Accomplished

[QUOTE=Ged;375366]I too have just bought Tom Slemen's book - Murder on Merseyside, published by regular Yo Contributor Colin Wilkinson of Bluecoat Press.

A couple of things ive notice right away is that TS says WHW attended the chess club almost every week though he had missed several weeks before the murder which may prove to be vital (as in would Qualthrough had known he was definitely going that night and thereby receive his message. The chess tie he was due to play meant nothing as he'd missed previous ones and was playing catch up. However, I wonder if this tie HAD to be played by that night or he'd forfeit his place?

I will report back. What did you conclude of it Ian, I notice you call it a fantasy.

Hi Ged.. YES as a pure "pot-boiler" its not a bad read..I'm actually interested in one or two of the other murders covered(ie.The Hanging-Boy Case in Edge Lane in 1948) With his WALLACE chapter, I wish he'd have just covered the case with as much as is known at present..instead of trying to solve it...especially fingering the JOHNSTON's..with no evidence whatsoever... he might just as well as "fingered" poor Alan Close the milkboy or Hubert Moore ..hence in my opinion... "FANTASY"!! Your point about WHW not being too regular at the Chess Club in the previous weeks is a good one.You know I feel PARRY is QUALTROUGH(he ticks all the boxes!)...but if he was in league with WHW,then he must have had prior knowledge that WHW would be presnt about 7.45..& so the alibi begins.... FJumble

Has Rochester Road been renamed? Having a look at the area on google maps and no Rochester road nearby.

Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Has Rochester Road been renamed? Having a look at the area on google maps and no Rochester road nearby.
    Yes it is now Lower Breck Road (the side by the Liverpool Supporters Club)
    It is Accomplished

Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast