Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

JSJ was interviewed by PC Fred Williams at the scene wasn't he, in fact both WHW and JSJ and Tom Slemen seems to think that because PC FW later said he didn't think WHW was guilty, that it summises that he thought JSJ was, but it seems that the police thought very quickly that they had their man and all other possibilities just went out of the window. Do you think JSJ could have made the Qualthrough phone call to get WHW out of the way and would he use his best friends name in the plan? (and has it ever been verified that the Qualthrough living in Anfield was indeed JSJ's best mate)

I think it is wrong too to call it Tom Slemens theory as I did earlier as I believe it has been mooted before.

Default JJ

There was a John Qualtrough living in Anfield at that time - whether he was a friend of John Johnston or not, I'm not sure we'll ever know...As for the phone call - would JSJ use a name that could throw suspicion on him? Slemen seems to think so...of course, the idea is that JSJ didn't intend to kill JW, but just to retrieve something that belonged to him in the Wallace household. You're right of course, that the 'Johnston' theory had already been put forward before Tom Slemen. It might be argued though, that because Williams didn't believe Wallace had done it, he naturally believed that it was Johnston. I would like to know a bit more about Marsden (the other co-worker of the Pru that was accused by WHW of being short in his collections). If my research is right, he lived in Knoclaid Road, where, if the police interviews are anything to go by, a Mrs. Olivia Brine lived. Mrs. Brine gave the police a statement that Parry was at her house sometime during the evening of the 20th January. Hmm, both Parry & Marsden in the same street on the night of the killing...

Isn't Knoclaid rd where a bobby saw WHW looking distressed too - seems to play a large part in it?

Was anything found in the house belonging to JSJ and did WHW say he had anything belonging to SJS or is this just a theory. If he did go in to collect something legit, do you mean something then happened that led to her death that was not pre-planned?

MissInformed

what about the blood found in the lavatory pan?

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

I have a Telegraph Homes Article from a few years ago somewhere which I could possibly scan if it can survive the trip back home to Wirral! Will fish it out for yer.
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Yes - Knoclaid Road is a continuation of Maiden Lane (where PC Rothwell saw Wallace). Just what it was that was in WHW's house belonging JSJ is a mystery. Tom Slemen suggested this (whether it has been suggested before elsewhere, I am not sure) but Slemen told me that he wasn't prepared to divulge it until he publishes his book on the case. If I am correct in Tom Slemen's piece for the Merseymart in 2001, he claimed that Julia saw JSJ in the front parlour and this left JSJ with no option but to kill her. It was out - Julia realised then that JSJ was the Anfield Housebreaker.

Re: blood on lavatory pan

Dr Coope and Dr Dible carried out over 100 tests concerning the blood clot, and the form/shape corresponded to a blood clot that would have to have been at least an hour old (when deposited). The amount of people who entered the bathroom post-murder was substantial - it could have been any of the police, MacFall, or even Wallace himself (unless of course, we assume it was there even BEFORE the murder occured and was nothing to do with the crime).

A funny thing concerning the blood clot - one source stated that when asked whether the police had taken a photograph of it on the water closet DS Moore stated "No" - yet there is a photograph of it in different publications.

MissInformed

[QUOTE=Mark R;41920].

A funny thing concerning the blood clot - one source stated that when asked whether the police had taken a photograph of it on the water closet DS Moore stated "No" - yet there is a photograph of it in different publications.[/QUOTE]

What publications? Would like to see a photo....miss morbid I am!

hmm, the theory that Julia realised JSJ was the Anfield housebreaker - that is a good theory and could well be right. It's a good possibility

Yes a theory because neither JW or SJS ever mentioned it of course for obvious reasons.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

[/Quote]
    A funny thing concerning the blood clot - one source stated that when asked whether the police had taken a photograph of it on the water closet DS Moore stated "No" - yet there is a photograph of it in different publications.[/QUOTE]

What publications? Would like to see a photo....miss morbid I am![/QUOTE]

I'll try and get a scan of it up on the site. I know it appeared in Murder Case Book 25 (The Wallace Case) in 1990. I think I have a photo of it somewhere.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

There has been quite a bit of discussion of the Julia Wallace murder case on Casebook: Jack the Ripper, including recently a photograph posted of the house, 29 Wolverton Street, and the back entry behind the house that William Wallace is thought to have used to catch the tram to the mythical Menlove Gardens East. Go to

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=30

Chris

This was a great link given by Chris earlier in the thread - just in case you missed it with some fantastic photos by MarkR.

Default Bathroom (29 WS)

Photo of the lavatory pan with blood spot (circled).
    Last edited by Mark R; 12-27-2008 at 11:29 AM.

I spy a bit of the previous nights echo there as well, they weren't that 'posh' then

Yeah, you're right - on the police photographs of the bathroom ripped up pieces of the 'echo' can be seen hanging on the wall...

Ugh - what were they stuck up there with - not previously used specimens I hope.

Great pics you've got though.

Page 5 of 101 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast