Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    But Parkes, was he relying on 1981 memories when he claimed he and Mr. Atkinson told the police 'at the time' (in 1931) of the hosing of the car, the blood, the bar down the grid?

Was a statement taken, has anyone seen it. Cue Kew?
    Don't get me wrong Ged, I believe people can still be as sharp many years later (James Allison Wildman springs to mind). He was still adamant after 70 years that the clock on Holy Trinity Church was 6.35 when he walked through the Twyford Street entry. Yes, you're right - Parkes said Moore visited him at the garage to speak to him but Moore shrugged it off. Some of the Atkinson family also verified Parkes' claim at the time. I don't know if Parkes' interview was taken down in writing. It is cetainly not amongst the papers in the Merseyside Police File.
    It is Accomplished

It seems Moore had his man in his mind by then as Wallace had been arrested and charged (which was what made Parkes come forward and spill the beans) I expect this was a spanner in the works Moore could do without and saw it as another crank/nuisance call.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

GED..MOORE clearly had tunnel vision with WALLACE as his ONLY suspect..look at the way he pressured ALAN CLOSE into changing his delivery time! Just listening to the 1981 Radio City excellent dramatisation again MARK...JAMES ALLISON WILDMAN was indeed still adamant that his friend ALAN had clearly said JULIA took in the milk at 6.45pm..but MOORE made him put it back to fit his idea of the killing time..MacFall "guessed" she had been dead approx 4 hours BURKHILLY if you contact me I'll try & sort you a copy!(IDFryer@aol.com) IAN
    Thanks SERPICO for the help on MUNRO's recollection..on the tape it comes over that way! IAN

Not that it matters much anyway but is their conclusive evidence one way or the other about whether Lily Lloyd was playing at the cinema on the murder night.

GED ,yes it doesnt matter whether LILY LLOYD was actually playing that night or not(the balance now seems to be in favour that she wasnt!)she wouldnt finish till 9.30 to 10.00 pm anyway..but of course GORDON PARRY had an alibi that the police believed for the earlier part of the evening...arranging a 21st Birthday Party...for LESLIE WILLIAMSON(who as we know rang Radio City on the discussion).Its such a shame that poor GOODMAN didnt know this at the time...IAN

I HAVE FOUND THE MURDERER - WE HAVE OUR MAN

Fresh back from a weekend at Kew.

Look at Wallace's diary entry for 22nd June 1928

''It is with great pleasure I take the stroll from Joseph's house, (he refers to Joseph Crewe in his entry the day before, he must have gone there on the 22nd to practise his violin) toward the splendour that is Menlove Avenue. The sun is shining down on me for sure on this wonderful summer afternoon. How strange I find it as I walk - there is a Menlove Gardens West, North then a South but no East. Perhaps they are yet to build it - perhaps not''.

So, it was clearly known to him and probably puzzled such as inquisitive mind. It renders all his 'not knowing the area' a sham - IT IS HIM.
    Of couse I have just fabricated this, but I had you going didn't I - admit it. How much easier it would be for us all if such a gem somewhere was to be unearthed.

DRAT GED you certainly had me going there!!! He certainly did not do the deed..but I'm not sure he wasnt involved(?) IAN

Murphy makes an awful lot out of the notion that 'Qualtrough' couldn't have been hiding in the shadows - he goes into great depth about how much light a street gaslamp gives out, the police presence in the area due to the Anfield housebreaker - the different angles to make sure he followed up on the trek to Allerton.

However, he didn't need to do any of those things. Assuming it was Parry or Marsden - or certainly someone trusted by Julia (which it had to be if it wasn't Wallace himself) then all he had to do was call as planned. If Wallace hadn't followed through with the trek, it was cool - 'Qualtrough' could (as an old acquaintance) had said he was just passing so called in. When of course he found out that Wallace had gone to Allerton, his plan could unfold and as Julia bent down to light the fire with the mackintosh over her shoulders..............

I also think Murphy shoots himself in the foot with his own assumptions about the alibi. He taunts 'experts' that it was not the mind of a genius or a seasoned chess player but the work of someone who over complicated it and that it wasn't that well thought out at all. I go along with that. Wouldn't that more fit the work of a Parry than a Wallace then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    I also think Murphy shoots himself in the foot with his own assumptions about the alibi. He taunts 'experts' that it was not the mind of a genius or a seasoned chess player but the work of someone who over complicated it and that it wasn't that well thought out at all. I go along with that. Wouldn't that more fit the work of a Parry than a Wallace then?
    Yes Ged. I also believe that Wallace would have used a less complicated method. It was littered with many unforeseen risks that would have been suicidal to a guilty Wallace. So much could have gone wrong and a guilty Wallace would have known that the police would have suspected him. It makes no sense for him to use such a messy unpredictable method of killing.
    It is Accomplished

Lack of motive has always been a major problem wth the murder...HERMERDE didnt even try to suggest a motive... a robbery gone wrong still seems the most likely bet. The best thing that MURPHY did come up with was JULIA'S real age(69)..that could give WHW a motive if he felt deceived..but perhaps he knew all along she was 17 years older than him on their wedding day,though it seems odd to lie on her marriage cert. Perhaps thats why her sister AMY(DENNIS) made such a brief visit & didnt stay around to comfort her brother in law..or even attend the funeral...? Both families seem very odd..at least Joseph Wallace( & of course his wife & son) stuck by his brother. IAN
    Last edited by IAN DAVID FRYER; 02-15-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: missed spaces

Murphy seems to diss the botched robbery theory quite comfortably though. Re-reading the book for the first time in yonks has certainly got me thinking again.

Blog Entries

I have recieved an email off George Skelly,

I shall be giving a half hour talk at St George's Hall on Sat, 20th March on "Liverpool Juries: Did They Make The Right Decisions?" It will include examinations of the Wallace,Cameo and Cranborne Road trials. 11am in the Court
    George.

Should be interesting and answer a few questions.
    Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    I have recieved an email off George Skelly,

I shall be giving a half hour talk at St George's Hall on Sat, 20th March on "Liverpool Juries: Did They Make The Right Decisions?" It will include examinations of the Wallace,Cameo and Cranborne Road trials. 11am in the Court
    George.

Should be interesting and answer a few questions.
    Kong.
    Will it be all ticket, or just turn up at the time?

Ged , maybe you should consult our newest member Linda, perhaps she could throw some light on the subject. Linda is a Paranormal Ivestigator,maybe interesting

To acquire knowledge, one must study.
    But to acquire wisdom, one must observe.
    The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.

Page 60 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast