Glad to see the book has provoked such differences of opinion..I thought it would! Surely none of us can accuse JOHN GANNON of not doing his research for this new book.... its full of new facts & clears up a lot of false impressions from earlier books.I'm now happy that WHW was behind the murder(But couldnt possibly have killed her himself!)I'm even more happy that RGP was Qualtrough,but was not the actual killer & that, at best, MARSDEN is a plausible possible killer...but unfortunately no more..there is no evidence against him..apart from 1)WHW naming him,2)RGP knowing & recommending him to WALLACE & 3)he was at least dishonest with the Pru's money.But there is no record that his juvenile crimes extended into later life ..as of course it did with PARRY. Strange given the huge interest in the crime at the time,that there is no movie footage of WHW either at St Georges Hal or leaving the Court Of Appeal in London....even in 1931 I think Pathe/BBC news was active.. We havnt even got a photo of MARSDEN(?)
IAN(FJumble)