Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

I should have said in my post that no.31 is the Johnston's house next door to the Wallaces who were in no.29.

no.31 is still of great interest to the case though.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiPathos View Post
    Only one internal pic. I see they didn't mention one former murderous owner either Mark R will be counting up his coppers tonight
    even when no.29 was for sale some time ago, the murder wasn't mentioned in the estate agents ad !

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I should have said in my post that no.31 is the Johnston's house next door to the Wallaces who were in no.29.

no.31 is still of great interest to the case though.
    Now that I think about it, you are of course completely correct !

My fault ! I should have made it clear in my post. I was expecting everyone to realise no.31 is the neighbour of Wallace.

.. it's ok ! my husband says I expect everyone to know what I am thinking ! ha,ha.

If John Johnston was the murderer you would be right lindylou
    It is Accomplished

William Herbert Wallace was born 130 years ago today
    It is Accomplished

Default Lister Drive School

Richard Gordon Parry, Lily Lloyd and John Parkes all went to school here (I also attended it in the 1970's). The school was destroyed by a fire in the Spring of 2005 and was razed to the ground. (Photo Autumn 2001)
    It is Accomplished

I only joined this site about four weeks ago - and have just spent hours reading this thread. Brilliant!!

Obviously this is a famous Liverpool Murder - one that all of us know about.

My opinion is that Mr Wallace didn't commit the crime. Nor do I think the neighbours were involved. From the information I know I think Richard Parry may have been involved.

The Wallace case is still around today because of the mystery of who did it!

I really, really wish that I knew all the facts - just like everyone else who've commented on this thread.

After reading some of these posts, concerning the property disclosures.. isn't that the law to have to disclose? If someone from afar was buying it.. and had no clue.. wouldn't it have to be told at closing costs? Maybe not when they are trying to sell it? I find this interesting.. any body with that Info..MARK?

Quote Originally Posted by naked lilac View Post
    After reading some of these posts, concerning the property disclosures.. isn't that the law to have to disclose? If someone from afar was buying it.. and had no clue.. wouldn't it have to be told at closing costs? Maybe not when they are trying to sell it? I find this interesting.. any body with that Info..MARK?
    There have been a few tenants who managed to get 29 Wolverton Street without even being told of the history of the place. You would think that it would be common knowledge for the agents selling it to notify any potential buyers...but it seems that in the past they haven't. One occupant stated that he didn't know the infamy connected with the house, but wondered why he got the house 'fairly cheaply.' Even when they were buying it (closing costs like you say NL) they weren't notified...
    Last edited by Mark R; 10-10-2008 at 08:24 PM.
    It is Accomplished

Thanks for that Mark.. I find this quite disturbing to think one can buy a home there, or anywhere as a matter of fact, and NOT have a disclosure.. If these new owners finally found out the truth.. wouldn't there be some recourse ? Especially when it comes to property values? Maybe, such a house would have even more value.. then, who knows?

As you once stated...Lots of people walk by and take pics of it.. Right then a there, if the owner had no clue.. Wouldn't you think they would start wondering.. ??? This mystery gets even better.... Carry on....

I've watched a programme called 'Hauntings' it's American. Lots of people appear to have bought houses and not known it's haunted history. Again, like Most haunted, there's nothing ever captured on film, all re-enactments of what's supposed to have happened. Wasn't the world famous Amityville horror house proved to be fake (not the murders obviously, but the subsequent blood rolling down the walls, appearing in the bath tub etc)

None of these fake findings do anything for me in having me believe about the supernatural.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Edgar Lustgarten's Verdict in Dispute is now available online
    Internet Archive: Details: Verdict in dispute
    Also has a chapter on Florence Maybrick
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Thanks for that link Rod Lustgarten is one of my favourite writers. He can really pull the reader into the story and seemingly without any effort!
    It is Accomplished

Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast