Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    I also managed to view the Who Killed Julia Wallace? docu-drama.
    That thing came out in 1975. I can't remember if I watched it or not. I was only ten. But I DO remember watching something about Wallace as a child. The final scene remains with me. It was of Wallace on a pushbike(!) leaving Wolverton Street to the scornful glare of neighbours.

Was that the same fillum?
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I would love to have known what the first policeman on the scene was going to discuss some years later with the WHW trial solicitor (was it), only death intervened.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

"I would love to have known what the first policeman on the scene was going to discuss some years later with the WHW trial solicitor (was it), only death intervened."

Well it would scarcely be something pointing towards Wallace as the killer. Something pointing away, or to someone else in particular, I would have thought...
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I think so too otherwise why would it be such a thing of value. It would be of no value to say, we had our man, it was Wallace.

It looks like a conspiracy theory but Wilkes reporting of the connection between Moore and the Parry's might hold more water that we'd first give credit to. The police were certainly blinkered in not wanting to investigate Parry further though his sister maintains they went right through his car and clothes.

"offhand, I can only recall Donald Hume."

Tony Mancini (Brighton Trunk murder No.2) was another, but in his case the confession probably still didn't amount to a confession of murder...

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    It looks like a conspiracy theory...
    The dying copper may have wanted to clear his conscience, that yes, Parry was deliberately ignored by corrupt superiors.

It had to be something as startling as that...
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Blog Entries

The sooner we solve this crime the better !

It's amazing how much interest there still is in this unsolved murder. This thread was started January 2007.
    Actually I thought it would have been a bit longer. Anyway 138 pages down the line and still going strong.

Imagine if we suddenly found out who did it !
    There'd be a stunned silence probably! and would the thread grind to a halt?

ROD, the quote of Justice Wright was in a news article supplied by Jonathan Goodman who believed in Wallace's innocence. It almost certainly wasn't apocryphal. Anyways, it was just an interesting quote, not sure why you have to insult is 'irrelevant.' Especially since pages back you quoted Justice Wright yourself summing up for acquittal. I'm entitled to quote anything; I didn't say it proved anything did I?

MARK, at least have the courage and manners to address me instead of just referring to me as 'another'. How long have you been writing a book for now? Are you any closer to having any theory on the case than you were 10 years ago?

I think I'll be taking a break from the forum for a while unless anything interesting or new comes up...too many people want to insult others ideas or laugh at them, while promoting old, implausible ideas that have led nowhere in almost 80 years or just sitting on the sidelines nitpicking.

Blog Entries

War has broken out, get Sherlock quick !!

MARK,

everyone knows all the current facts that you are aware of. We've all read the inacityliving page you and GED made. Slemen's theories have been put out there and rightly derided. Another man comes along and before his theory is even out, everyone here is nitpicking, making fun of it, insulting those who give it any credence etc. Wait for the book...read it...make up your mind....the negative attitude on this forum is amazing.

Anyone is entitled to believe what they wish, but so many here won't even consider other trains of thought. Maybe not such a bad idea when Rod's theory is 'Parry and another did it.' and yours is 'I don't know but look at how stupid and lame others are for trying to solving it.' Rod and you have basically been stating the same stuff for 100+ pages.

It's a bit like a court of law. You have to knock holes in the other fellow's tale to make progress. Don't take it personally. And don't call it nitpicking... It's supposed to be Demolition!
    Celeriter Nil Crede

I don't mind anyone debunking any theories I may have as I may well have overlooked something which would make my theory look quite ridiculous in retrospect.

Do we all agree Parry has to be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Acrosstheuniverse View Post
    yours is 'I don't know but look at how stupid and lame others are for trying to solving it.' Rod and you have basically been stating the same stuff for 100+ pages.
    The Parry/Marsden/Wallace theory is nothing new. As Rod Crosby stated Waterhouse covered it in The Insurance Man.

You must be joking - I do have a theory - read Murphy's book and you have it. As for the Parry/Marsden scenario - sorry but that is utter nonsense. I've read all the files and there is nothing amongst them to suggest anything other than Wallace being the killer - and Wallace ALONE.

As for taking 10 years to write - it is 7 actually and if you read my posts or knew anything about me you would know that I have always said I would not write a book until I had accessed all the files, which I now have done.
    It is Accomplished

Default CALM DOWN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    Ha ha you have to f*****g laugh. Someone says something and they spit the f*****g dummy out. Jesus Christ. First I get a lecture on morality from some a******* about mortuary photos - this from someone who plans on publishing them in a book ffs.

As for writing the book. This case takes more than 5 minutes to write about. Murphy's took 11 years. Some of us want to put forward credible and accurate facts - not hare-brained garbage.

As for insulting or laughing at others - if I recall correctly that is exactly what Tom Slemen is subjected to.
    MARK I'm sorry but this is right out of order ..I find your language offensive ..surely a forum is to voice everyones opinion..whether the Senior Members happen to agree or not? What does GED think? I happen not to agree with ROD,who I've met few times & found to be a great lad..but I would never **** him off.
    What book is "hare-brained" garbage..MURPHY'S(?) ..it cant be GANNON'S,because, unless I've missed something, it hasnt even been published yet(?) Can we please return to sensible discussion & orderly debate! IAN(FJumble)

Quote Originally Posted by RodCrosby View Post
    I can't remember if I watched it or not. I was only ten. But I DO remember watching something about Wallace as a child. The final scene remains with me. It was of Wallace on a pushbike(!) leaving Wolverton Street to the scornful glare of neighbours.

Was that the same fillum?
    Yes that's the one.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IAN DAVID FRYER View Post
    MARK I'm sorry but this is right out of order ..I find your language offensive

With respect Ian, you find it offensive yet quote it? You don't find the publishing of photographs of a naked elderly woman on a mortuary table in order to make money offensive? Or the blackening of an innocent man's name offensive?

surely a forum is to voice everyones opinion.
    Yes it is Ian - and I am entitled to mine. You know the saying, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

What book is "hare-brained" garbage..MURPHY'S(?) ..it cant be GANNON'S,because, unless I've missed something, it hasnt even been published yet(?)
    Certainly not Murphy's...

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Do we all agree Parry has to be involved?
    I'm convinced he had nothing to do with it Ged.
    It is Accomplished

Page 92 of 101 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast