Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    A great book by James Murphy - very well written and it transports you back in time as though you were there - very atmospheric.

There was a film made too. The man from the pru and a dramatisation with Geoffrey Yates in it as a copper.

It would appear from a Radio City programme I remember listening to that a Richard Gordon Parry was responsible for the murder but died in Wales just as they were about to interview him.

Vincent Burke does a good take on the case in his crimes dvd but leaves it unclosed, not even mentioning the Parry connection which I found disappointing.
    I've read that book Ged, really enjoyable. Am I right in remembering that Murray concluded by saying Wallace was the murderer and had got the timing absolutely spot on, discrediting the evidence of a milk or paper boy by saying he could have misread the clock when saying what time he had seen Julia alive.

The man From the Pru was released on video in USA but doesnt appear to have been done so here.

Ste, I dunno what Murray said mate cos my book's by Murphy - I know, I know nit pickin' agen - soz ha ha.

Yeah, it was such a good book up to that last chapter, then he let me down by actually saying he thought it was Wallace but the thought of him in the nak doin' his arl girl then having to get a bath and dried when there was no evidence for this was too much for me to believe, especially with the way Parry acted that night in the garage with the bloodied glove and what he said to the young apprentice. Just goes to show you that the garage owner must've known all along but kept schtum just because Parry was a 'good customer'

Wallace was a stoic character and his calmness made him even more of a suspect, I mean who sits there calmly lighting a ciggie unless she's gonna be insured for a million and it's coming your way?

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I've read that book Ged, really enjoyable. Am I right in remembering that Murray concluded by saying Wallace was the murderer and had got the timing absolutely spot on, discrediting the evidence of a milk or paper boy by saying he could have misread the clock when saying what time he had seen Julia alive.

The man From the Pru was released on video in USA but doesnt appear to have been done so here.
    I remember watching it on TV, but whether it was called "The Man from the Pru" or whether it was a documentary, I can't remember.

Philip, you're no good in the witness box, you may be excused

PhilipG

Philip, you're no good in the witness box, you may be excused

MissInformed

Take a look at this guys.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097822/

a bit about the film.
    I had never heard of it. Now I am desperate to see it!! grrr!

I saw it over here a few years ago, was pretty good, seemed well researched to put it in the right timeframe.
    Would recomend it.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Does anyone have a copy of Murphy's book, on the Julia Wallace, murder for sale? I would be interested in purchasing a copy. I check with Amazon on a regular basis but it show's 'unavailable'. Thanks in advance.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Sloyne View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of Murphy's book, on the Julia Wallace, murder for sale? I would be interested in purchasing a copy. I check with Amazon on a regular basis but it show's 'unavailable'. Thanks in advance.
    Sloyne.Type this into Ebay.."MURDER CASEBOOK 25 JULIA / WILLIAM WALLACE"
    Dont know if its what your after though

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Sloyne.Type this into Ebay.."MURDER CASEBOOK 25 JULIA / WILLIAM WALLACE"
    Dont know if its what your after though
    Thanks Gerard but, no, that's not the one. The book I am after is 'Murder of Julia Wallace' by James Murphy. But, and again, thanks for your assistance.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Sloyne View Post
    Thanks Gerard but, no, that's not the one. The book I am after is 'Murder of Julia Wallace' by James Murphy. But, and again, thanks for your assistance.
    Your welcome Sloyne.

Hi all

There has been quite a bit of discussion of the Julia Wallace murder case on Casebook: Jack the Ripper, including recently a photograph posted of the house, 29 Wolverton Street, and the back entry behind the house that William Wallace is thought to have used to catch the tram to the mythical Menlove Gardens East. Go to

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=30

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

There's an interesting Guardian article here which includes an interview with the current occupant of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

There has been quite a bit of discussion of the Julia Wallace murder case on Casebook: Jack the Ripper, including recently a photograph posted of the house, 29 Wolverton Street, and the back entry behind the house that William Wallace is thought to have used to catch the tram to the mythical Menlove Gardens East. Go to

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=30

Chris

Thank you so much for the link Chris.

This case has intrigued me for years and I took a couple of hours reading all 25 pages last night, digesting and dissecting all the information.

Thank you so much for the link Chris.

This case has intrigued me for years and I took a couple of hours reading all 25 pages last night, digesting and dissecting all the information.
    Thanks, Ged. The Wallace case is certainly known as a classic crime story for the reason that William Herbert Wallace's alibi seemed so strange and unlikely, although I do think there might have been an opportunity for Parry or someone else to have committed the crime.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast