Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1511

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

The more you look into it, the whole scenario doesn't play out to it being WHW. He could have done away with her less messily shall we say.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

GED..YES, of course as has been well mentioned previously,WHW was an amateur scientist..so if he had planned to silence JULIA,some kind of "chemical" solution to his problem would seem more obvious....rather than a crude battering! Nearly every writer on the case & there have been many..seems to hit a brick wall with 1) WALLACE could not possibly have battered JULIA 2) IT must be WHW,because nobody else would have wanted her dead!!
    Unfortunately,most of the writers up to & including WILKES did not have access to the Police Files & of course,as we now know,the witness statements tell a vey different story. Lets hope the 2 forthcoming books move us on a little more...IAN(FJumble)

As I can't see past Parry's involvement somewhere along the line.

1) His statement for the phone call night not measuring up to Lily Lloyd's or her mothers.
    2) John Parkes 'statement' to the police about the bloodied glove - did it get as far as a statement - would Parkes had known there was a grid outside a doctors in Priory road etc and are we questioning the integrity of the Atkinson's too.
    3) Parry's demeanour to RW Egan and Goodman about WHW - sexually odd etc..... and mentioning he promised his dad to keep sctum and not for a thousand pounds etc - and 'there's a lot more I could say..

Then I have to ask myself.

Did he hate WHW enough to arrange the murder of Julia due to:

1) His being dismissed/let go from the Pru because of the premiums shortage - noticed and reported by WHW.

2) Some news that was about to come out about his 'making music with Julia'

3) because he was rumbled by her during a robbery at the house.

Either way it seems an accomplice was used?

[QUOTE=Ged;385965]As I can't see past Parry's involvement somewhere along the line.

Thanks GED. I think you've already agreed with me that PARRY was QUALTROUGH(P.83-#826 of this thread)...good grief its 2 years ago!! I know "acrosstheuniverse" for one at least ...also agrees..does MARK? Hopefully, we may get more on the bloodied mit & perhaps on JOHN PARKES claims in JOHN GANNONS book...he hints as such on his review of his book on the BEATLES blog.site(?) On your 3 points about PARRY'S attitude to WHW,its obvious he didnt like WALLACE,it seems very few people did! I cant really believe the "making music with Julia" was any more perhaps than RGP boasting & showing off his singing talents by singing to Julia's piano playing...she was nearing 70 for goodness sake! Again,I think the "robbery" was just staged...poorly! The "accomplice" is seeming more & more likely....IAN(FJumble)

AMAZON have details of the forthcoming books on the case & are quoting 28/2/2012 for release date on both titles.The second book is called "THE TELEPHONE MURDER-The Mysterious Death Of Julia Wallace" & is a H/B priced at £18.99. The details suggest perhaps it isnt the legalistic approach(ie the trial),I was hoping for(?),but it gives WHW as dying in 1953...hmmm
    Some of the prices of earlier books on the murder are eye-opening GOODMAN is quoted at £72.95 & that is for the reprinted PAPERBACK edition!! ROWLAND is £24.99(No Dustwrapper)..Even MURPHY is expensive now & that was remaindered(ie sold off cheap)

Thanks Ian.

1953? I wonder if that is Amazon getting it wrong...I would certainly hope so...otherwise it doesn't look good for the book! I've seen Wallace's death listed as 1953 in several other published accounts down the years.

The W.F. Wyndham-Brown book costs about £200 in todays market. F.J.P. Veale's extremely rare account will set the collector back about £120. Serious money!

It is Accomplished

Thumbs up

Just ordered Bartle from the Book Depository for £14.99 including free shipping...
    http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Tele.../9780854901029

Btw, the cheapest I've seen Gannon's book is £11.21 at WHSmith (for instore delivery)
    http://www.whsmith.co.uk/CatalogAndS...=9781445605067

Otherwise Amazon at £12.74 inc free shipping
    Celeriter Nil Crede

Well my hint for book tokens for xmas paid off so i'm just waiting for the publications to hit the shelves now

There was a murder in Waltham Road where 42 year old Gaynor McGlynn was stabbed to death. Waltham Road is the first on the right on Townsend Lane after Rochester/Lower Breck Road and barely a hundred yards from where Box 1627 stood.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/...0252-30020740/
    It is Accomplished

Bill Morrison died on 7th December. He produced the Who Killed Julia? radio programme for City in 1981.

Morrison is in the middle (standing). Bottom left is Chris Bond who played the part of John Sharpe Johnston in the radio production.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	morrison_2095979c.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	24113
    It is Accomplished

Something to be considered that I think rules out a botched robbery and indicates a planned murder.

I know this is not a new point as I think it was mentioned in the Radio City Broadcast..but why could the caller if he knew Wallace was at the chess club, and he DID rely on that for the plan to work, why couldn't he just rob Julia that night (the Monday.) The one day difference at best to possibly maximize profits (before Wallace's Wednesday collection) hardly seems like a reason.

Not only that, but I think this more than just indicating a planned murder, indicated Wallaces' involvement. Wallace could much more likely be counted on to be at the chess club to receive the message (and remember even though he hadn't attended recently, the caller sure thought that he would be there, since he went ahead with the plan, yet another fishy aspect). Not only that but he would be at the chess club for a decently long and fixed period of time, rather than an unknown period of time searching for a fake address, if he went at all.

The phone call and Qualtrough plot is too contrived for Wallace not to have been behind it. It strains credulity to believe otherwise. That's the mystery for which this case is famous; it stems from the impossibility of the timing of Wallace being the killer, yet everything else points to a contrived plot by him. Thus leading us irresistibly to the conclusion it was a hired job.

So are you saying WHW is the murderer or just behind it? Who was Qulatrough?

I'm saying he was behind it at the very least. I think the timing and lack of blood spatter makes it difficult for him to have committed the crime. I believe Qualtrough was Parry (mention of girl's 21st, when his girlfriend was 21 and he was organizing a birthday party with friends that night (part of his alibi) ...also it was his birthday January 12th. So Wallace was the mastermind and Parry was Qualtrough. The real murderer could be anyone, I'll wait to read the upcoming book to see if the evidence is strong enough to convince me of Marsden. But The Wallace mastermind, Parry Qualtrough (but not murderer) theory is really the only conclusion which fits the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrosstheuniverse View Post
    I'm saying he was behind it at the very least. I think the timing and lack of blood spatter makes it difficult for him to have committed the crime. I believe Qualtrough was Parry (mention of girl's 21st, when his girlfriend was 21 and he was organizing a birthday party with friends that night (part of his alibi) ...also it was his birthday January 12th. So Wallace was the mastermind and Parry was Qualtrough. The real murderer could be anyone, I'll wait to read the upcoming book to see if the evidence is strong enough to convince me of Marsden. But The Wallace mastermind, Parry Qualtrough (but not murderer) theory is really the only conclusion which fits the facts.
    What was Wallace's motive?
    There was a motive for Parry or someone else in the know financial gain expecting a bumper monthly premium payout, but what did Wallace gain from his wifes death..................

I just can't see a WHW and RGP collaboration in this unless there was a blackmail by one against the other that we don't know about for some reason. Introducing yet a third player (the murderer) into the equation too seems just too complicated and messy.

Why would Parry point the finger at himself being Qualtrough by mentioning the obvious 21st birthday party connection - best not over elaborate and mention what it was for surely?

There is the new found evidence of Parry's incorrect statement for the phone call night - unforgivably edited from James Murphy's book if John Gannon is to be beleived.

The bumper monthly premium payout never happened as WHW had been ill and never collected. WHW is not known to have gained anything from JW's death.

Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast