Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Julia Wallace Murder Case

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Great photos Ged. Is that an Austin Cambridge on the top pic? Also note the Green Shield Stamps sign. Was their store on Hanover street just past the Neptune?
    It is Accomplished

It's either an Austin Cambridge or a Morris Oxford - I always got those mixed up. My mate's dad had one in the tennies in the 70s.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Ah yes - I think you're right - it looks more like an Oxford
    It is Accomplished

It could be an MG Magnet with those pronounced fins.

Well I've just come in after going out for a meal with some friends (not far from Atkinson's garage actually!). As we all know it's the 80th Anniversary tonight and it's so foggy, just how I imagine it was all those years ago, but know it wasn't.

I'm with Spike to say RIP Mr and Mrs Wallace.

Default 20th Jan 2011

Did anyone else from the forum visit Wolverton Street this evening? I arrived about 6.20 & walked round & then went back to my car (at the Church end of Richmond Park.)As I drove past at about 6.35, I saw 3 people,one with a torch, standing in the middle of the street by No.29...but by the time I'd stopped to go over the trio disappeared through the entry at the right hand end of Wolverton St.where the entry gate was open?? IAN(FJumble)

Welcome John - I was on your crimespace a couple of months ago, when you mentioned your book. Have you got a publisher yet?

Ian - I personally wouldn't go to Wolverton Street, definately not tonight, with the fog being so thick, but find it amazing that 80 years have passed and there's still so much interest in the case. Amazing but frustrating at the same time because we still don't know who did it and probably never will for sure. Although not an expert like some on the thread, I feel so sad that justice wasn't done and the lives of an apparently inoffensive couple were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by IAN DAVID FRYER View Post
    Did anyone else from the forum visit Wolverton Street this evening? I arrived about 6.20 & walked round & then went back to my car (at the Church end of Richmond Park.)As I drove past at about 6.35, I saw 3 people,one with a torch, standing in the middle of the street by No.29...but by the time I'd stopped to go over the trio disappeared through the entry at the right hand end of Wolverton St.where the entry gate was open?? IAN(FJumble)
    Hi Ian, yes I was up there tonight with several friends. It might have been us up there. One of my friends was taking night photos with a flash so maybe it was that you seen! Wasn't sure if they were going to make it due to the fog but they were adamant!
    It is Accomplished

Quote Originally Posted by JGannon View Post
    Hi Burkhilly - the book is with a publisher at the moment; unfortunatly the Wallace case in considered a 'niche' market and is so hard to place. I can assure all of you - one way or the other, it will be out at some point this year, and you won't be dissapointed. The book is with P D James at the moment; her agent contacted me (possibly after Whittington Egan reading it) and asked if I might foward her a copy. I read on your posts that you contacted me through crimespace and I didn't reply - forgive me; I really did try to answer all my queries.

John you did reply I'm sure because you said that you were looking for a publisher. Keep us informed of the date - I for one will be waiting for the release date!

Mark - I immediately thought of you or Ged as the "other" visitors to Wolverton Street tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    Mark - I immediately thought of you or Ged as the "other" visitors to Wolverton Street tonight.
    Yes, it was me Burkhilly.
    It is Accomplished

I haven`t read all the replies on this thread, but surely it has been decided that Wallace was innocent and that the murderer was Richard Gordon Parry, known to Wallace as a petty thief from his insurance work, who had a motive, who in effect `framed` Wallace very cleverly and whose apparent alibi has been broken by the admission, many years later, of the then young woman who provided it that she had in fact lied at the time. Plus, there is the account of a motor mechanic in Tue Brook that he noticed a bloodstained glove in Parry`s car soon after the murder. Parry had influential family connections which helped him avoid too detailed an investigation into his possible involvement. Wallace is reported to have suspected from early on that Parry was the killer.

Thanks MARK..shame I missed the group I would have like to have met some other interested students of the case & of course put a face to some of the people on the forum,but as you know it was cold & the fog was coming in...and I live a fair way from Anfield.
    Welcome JOHN,I for one cant wait for the book!!!

ThePenkethPedant - the problem with that is Parry had several other alibis for the night (admittedly not for ALL the evening) but I don't think he could have committed the killing in the time available to him. Where the alibis fabricated? Yes, Lily lloyd gave him an alibi but he was with others during the evening.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by IAN DAVID FRYER View Post
    Thanks MARK..shame I missed the group I would have like to have met some other interested students of the case & of course put a face to some of the people on the forum,but as you know it was cold & the fog was coming in
    Yes, Ian shame we missed meeting up...The street looked deserted when we were there. We then drove the route up to Menlove Gardens. The fog was the same up there as well!!
    It is Accomplished

I think Wallace was guilty as hell. I hope John posts an excerpt of his book here...after corresponding with him previously, he has certainly swayed my mind. I actually find it hard to envision a scenario in which Wallace could be innocent. I really have come around on this I do admit.

But objectively speaking, there are numerous aspects of this case which absolutely smack of an inside job. I agree the verdict based on the evidence should have been 'not guilty.' Thinking someone is probably guilty is not the same as believing it beyond a reasonable doubt with real evidence to back it up. Looking at it years later however I think it is highly likely that Wallace was behind this crime.

Somebody killed Julia Wallace with intense violence and force and that same person or the person who hired them conceived of an ingenius plan, one that is considered the ultimate perfect murder. I find it very hard to attribute this to a Parry type.

Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast