Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TENNIES REUNION...Speke Road Gardens Re-union friday 18th June 2010

Brian you missed out "Catch a girl kiss a girl" where all the girls had a few seconds start then all the lads would chase them if you caught one you got a kiss, Needless to say all the ugly ones always got a stone in their shoe and stopped, but the lads ran past them after the prettiest who was always seem to be a good runner.

THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Quote Originally Posted by Norm NZ View Post
    Just thought I'd try once more!!!
    Well! One more try!!!!

Norm, I don't think anyone went from here.
    Like you say, it would be interesting to find out how it went etc
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Quote Originally Posted by hmtmaj View Post
    Norm, I don't think anyone went from here.
    Like you say, it would be interesting to find out how it went etc
    Thanks Martin, It would be interesting to find out who attended, but guess we'll never know! Cheers

Brian I love your little flick back in history. My Dads Family all lived their & I remember going myself when I was little just before they knocked them down & re built the new houses their. You mention Ronnie Jones ! Thats was my Uncle. Sadley he died a few years back from Cancer. He was a right character & seemed to live life to the full. My Dad is about 8 yrs younger. I have been doing our family tree & trying to put together a bit more history to their lives so really nice to hear peoples stories. Norm has given me 2 great photos with Ronnie in x I shall mention u to my Dad he may well remember u x If anyone finds out anything more about the meeting they had in June please let me know.

(p.s hope the hospital stuff is all going ok x)

Speke Road Gardens: did anyone know a girl who lived there by the name of Anastasia Grimes? She was around 17 in 1957, I think, and worked at Dunlop Speke.

I remember the surname, but not the person, Sorry,

Thanks anyway, Norm.

Sorry for the delay but what with work etc...I go around the country shopfitting Tescos and sometimes I am away 3 weeks at a time ..and when I do have a weekend home it is usually hectic....so...The re-union was mobbed...a whole host of ex-tennies were there..
    Norman `Tugboat` Wilson - his sister Mary (Wilson)Reed
    Frances O`Rourke /Karl Udo
    Kenny Cox / Cissy Cox nee Cassidy
    Les Graves - John Newell - Billy Molyneux - Kenny Pritchard - Dot Pritchard nee Morley
    the Doctor family never came as they had recently lost their dad Jimmy Doctor
    Albert Hill - Ann Kabluckyj -so so many....if there`s anyone you are asking about, just print their name and I`ll let you know if they were there....allan

Mobbed. Please tell Waterways that we weren't all scum living in deprivation. Glad you had a great time.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

My wife doesn`t remember Anastasia Grimes but she says she would be 10 yrs older than my wife...so...being a typical nosey Tennie Buck....she is going to ask all the Tennie girls she sees every week....should have an answer by 2 weeks....allan

I was disapointed!! I did'nt know any of the names you mentioned, fiftyfive'! mind you I left there in 1950! so perhaps I was asking a 'bit much'! Thanks anyway.

hello all, very interested to find this, we lived in the tennies from 1953 to 1960. We were in the end house on the first landing, 57a, next door to us was the Kehoe's or (Keough's) Mike was me best mate, The Wilson family lived above us. The irvine's were there too. Wish I could remember more names. I can recall the Murphy family as living across the swing park from us. All us kids went to Holy Trinity school, down the cinder path. Great times we had. Mam & Dad were Joe & Nell McKenna, be made up to hear from anyone. Me Dad went away to sea till 1955, then worked on the railways.

We left in 1960 brand new 4 bedroom house in Childwall, a lot of the estate was still under construction when we moved in. We had front & back gardens, a railway line at the back, and even a lake (Jackson's) to explore.

Magic times

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

I was disapointed!! I did'nt know any of the names you mentioned, fiftyfive'! mind you I left there in 1950! so perhaps I was asking a 'bit much'! Thanks anyway.
    Hi Norm, nice to meet you. That a glass of whisky at your elbow there?

Norman - do you remember Charlie Graves / Kenny Graves ? ...supposedly the Graves family were the first family to move in the Tennies in 1933 ( think it was 1933)...well Les graves is their younger brother...Les says you should remember his older brothers and also the Rowans...allan

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Joe...my grandchildren live in Vineyard St....and they go to Banks Road school...DOWN THE CINDER PATH...it`s still there even now
    allan

Hi Allan, it was a big shock to me when I came home a while back now to find out all the tennies had been pulled down.

But it's good to know some things are still there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast