YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do i love my liverpool

Thanks

Default Why do i love my liverpool

Sunday the 6th was the anniversary of the day that i left home to work "darn sarf" this was in 1972 I still feel homesick i get goosebumps driving in on the M62
    To my Liverpool I love you with all my heart

The lanny with the man whose pic is on Geds inacity with the club foot he sold the echo backed the buses in who as a young boy I always took the pee. as older now i apologise but i can still smell the fresh doughnuts that wafted down the tunnell.

running down the corridor to the ferry then couldnt stop because it was so steep
    standing by the ferry waiting for the ramp to crash down.sod them getting off i wanted to get on asap

jumping on the back of an ellie may for a free ride down to the dock road
    going to george graves the barber on admiral street giving him all the instructions to cut my hair he was in the United sevices club on admiral st the night before with my dad who told him short back and sides for a shilling
    The butchers on admiral st every saturday morning pork ribs and cabbage cooked in the big pot me mam used to boil all the undies in to clean during the week
    the chinese laundry on north hill street my dad used to get his collars done .a ships fitter in cammel lairds who went to work every day in shirt and tie and blue overalls
    steble street baths 7d from my granny so i could go swimming
    kick the can game down hodges mount a gam where we used to hide like hide and seek
    blowing out the gas lamp at the top of the street about five mins after he had lit it
    a bit older climbing up to the lamp to light a fag
    my first kiss
    Crossville buses from skelhorne street with the door on the front and the engine noise that i could tell it was their bus with my eyes closed
    The feeling coming into lime street every christmas eve for my 2 day break with a whole gammon for the family i held it so close so i didnt lose it i am suprised it wasnt cooked by the time i got home
    standing on the kop eyes wide gob open just 6 foot away from any one of the gods

ADVERTISING

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks essexscouse, a nice post

Kev

Thanks

contd
    my first communion
    singing i mt carmel choir with Gerry marsden visiting (he used to sing there)
    delivering milk to billy fury,s mam
    stealing sweets from woolies in park road
    a catholic watching the scotchies orange lodge marching and playing the sash on north hill street
    getting my first ever suit made in jacksons on london road
    my mate lived in 20 forthlin road opposite my house after we were moved by council this was Paul McCartneys house we used to go in back bedroom watching the horses in police training college
    into the big house (grapes ) to meet up for a stag night
    outside georges hall shanks brought home the f a cup
    Jericho lane saturday morning school football match
    the iron bridge with steaam trains going underneath

How can i tell you how much i love you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essexscouse View Post
    Sunday the 6th was the anniversary of the day that i left home to work "darn sarf" this was in 1972 I still feel homesick i get goosebumps driving in on the M62
    To my Liverpool I love you with all my heart

The lanny with the man whose pic is on Geds inacity with the club foot he sold the echo backed the buses in who as a young boy I always took the pee. as older now i apologise but i can still smell the fresh doughnuts that wafted down the tunnell.

running down the corridor to the ferry then couldnt stop because it was so steep
    standing by the ferry waiting for the ramp to crash down.sod them getting off i wanted to get on asap

jumping on the back of an ellie may for a free ride down to the dock road
    going to george graves the barber on admiral street giving him all the instructions to cut my hair he was in the United sevices club on admiral st the night before with my dad who told him short back and sides for a shilling
    The butchers on admiral st every saturday morning pork ribs and cabbage cooked in the big pot me mam used to boil all the undies in to clean during the week
    the chinese laundry on north hill street my dad used to get his collars done .a ships fitter in cammel lairds who went to work every day in shirt and tie and blue overalls
    steble street baths 7d from my granny so i could go swimming
    kick the can game down hodges mount a gam where we used to hide like hide and seek
    blowing out the gas lamp at the top of the street about five mins after he had lit it
    a bit older climbing up to the lamp to light a fag
    my first kiss
    Crossville buses from skelhorne street with the door on the front and the engine noise that i could tell it was their bus with my eyes closed

The feeling coming into lime street every christmas eve for my 2 day break with a whole gammon for the family i held it so close so i didnt lose it i am suprised it wasnt cooked by the time i got home
    standing on the kop eyes wide gob open just 6 foot away from any one of the gods
    A superb word-picture cameo that should be kept for posterity! We should all be copying and pasting stuff like this for future generations - with your permission of course. - Do we have that?

Thanks

a little portion of a personal memory free to all

Thanks

.. 'blowing out the gas lamp and climbing up the lamp to light a fag' - ha,ha, I havn't heard of that before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast