Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holidays Past

Gerard

Thanks Victoria,Brenda..Glad you like it..

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I'm lucky enough to have a caravan in wales (Towyn) and have to admit I was sceptical about buying it initially but wouldnt be without it now. Towyn itself is a bit tacky but its a great base for exploring the coast and Snowdonia and having a four year old there's also the added advantage that there are lots of family pubs to go to in the evening. Despite that I wouldnt continue to have the caravan if it meant holidays to the sun had to be sacrificed.

As a kid, my grandparents had a caravan in Gronant and I had the usual Spanish costa holidays,although we always seemed to go in April when the weather wasnt all that good.

Thats all you need Ste isnt it...Somewhere as a base to Explore..Must have a Decent Club though and a Nice Pint of Draught Guinness !!

Default North Wales Holiday camp

OMG Kev that picture of the North Wales Holiday camp. Me and m family have had a caravan in Towyn in North Wales for many many years(31). Our First caravans were in ty Gwyn right next to The North Wales Holiday camp.(Their building flash houses on it as we speak). I am around your age Kev and would bet money we would have met up one summer.
    My Cousin and I used to bunkin there every single night.those spangly curtains on the stage, The freezin swimming pool next to the pub and Robs arcade with his revolutionary space invaders. 1942. kung Fu. olympic games and later on paper boys. I used to go in with 50p and I got so good on the games that i could be in their for 4 hours on a single machine as the other kids grunted behind me to get on.Oh the memories(I am filling up)
    Like Ste H I still have a caravan in Towyn and I have travelled to many of the great cities and capitals around the world. But nothing will ever beat windy Towyn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lynee29 View Post
    OMG Kev that picture of the North Wales Holiday camp. Me and m family have had a caravan in Towyn in North Wales for many many years(31). Our First caravans were in ty Gwyn right next to The North Wales Holiday camp.(Their building flash houses on it as we speak). I am around your age Kev and would bet money we would have met up one summer......
    For over 20 years now lynnee29, I've wondered about that place plus people we met whilst there. I do remember the pool, there were 2 of them? Freezing cold and full of insects.

The arcade was where I first got my taste for gaming and I'm proud to say I am a first generation gamer, still playing when I've got the time! Those air hockey games - I'd play against my dad and beat him of course!!
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Rhos-on-Sea, that was our place. Me dad had a thing for this spot. Every Bloody Sunday when I was a kid, beef sarnys and Wilson's white pop and off we'd go.
    Sometimes we'd take what he called 'the low rd.' thru Rhyl, stop at the chippy kitty corner to the fair ground and swill down grease and chips. .
    The next week would be the 'High Rd. past the white church at St. Asaph. Then past the Castle to the I.C.I. entrance where we'd stop and consume the sarnys. Then the run by Old Colwyn, Colwyn to the 'jewel' of the coast Rhos-on-Sea. Every Sunday for years was this trip, I collect car plate numbers while driving along, I had books full of them. Jeese how boring it was. Lol.

BobbyMac here's a photo of the small chapel in Rhos on Sea as well as a strange statue thats appeared in the last few years

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Small Rhos on Sea chapel.JPG 
Views:	277 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	1439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhos on Sea statue.JPG 
Views:	280 
Size:	176.6 KB 
ID:	1440  

You know, I'd spend hours in that place, I once fell down the bank there, thru. all the nettles. Beautiful mems. Thanks for the pics. I think most of the rest of the time was spent at the baths, or forte's. . What's that strange statue?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymac View Post
    You know, I'd spend hours in that place, I once fell down the bank there, thru. all the nettles. Beautiful mems. Thanks for the pics. I think most of the rest of the time was spent at the baths, or forte's. . What's that strange statue?
    Its a fisherman made out of wicker, representing the fact that fisherman there once used wicker weirs

Bobbymac, The white church isn't in St. Asaph, it is in Bodelwyddan west of St' Asaph. Sorry, just being picky again.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Bobbymac, The white church isn't in St. Asaph, it is in Bodelwyddan west of St' Asaph. Sorry, just being picky again.
    Thats right the Marble Church in Bodelwyyddan, a beautiful sight from the A55

Thats right the Marble Church in Bodelwyyddan, a beautiful sight from the A55
    I was there in 2005, I am sorry we didn't go inside, I believe it is very impressive, we went inside St. Asaph cathedral, that was very interesting. Next time I am over there I will go inside.
    My dads family are originally from that area, my grandparents and some aunts are buried in Tremechion.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Sorry 'bout that Shy. Of course you're right. Me dad went past so fast it was hard to tell what county it was in. . One beautiful building.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbymac View Post
    Sorry 'bout that Shy. Of course you're right. Me dad went past so fast it was hard to tell what county it was in. . One beautiful building.
    Well Bobby lah, I knew you were a hooligan, must be hereditary.
    Winston Churchill

O'hooligan please

BobbyMac here's a photo of the small chapel in Rhos on Sea as well as a strange statue thats appeared in the last few years
    Some more Rhos On Sea pics from Easter Monday, which was sadly a cloudy and rainy day over there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RhosOnSea fishig boats.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	2116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhos On sea wishing well.JPG 
Views:	272 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	2117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhos on sea propellor.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	2118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhos on sea church.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	2119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhos On Sea fishing boats2.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	2120  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast