Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Development News

I went to Newcastle for the match yesterday and saw only 1 crane in between the train station (south end of the city centre) and football ground (north end of city centre). Had to change in Leeds and also saw one crane there as well. That of course doesnt mean there isnt other stuff going on in these cities, but I think Liverpool remains well on the up at the moment and more developers will be attracted by the success of what is being built now.

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    I went to Newcastle for the match yesterday and saw only 1 crane in between the train station (south end of the city centre) and football ground (north end of city centre). Had to change in Leeds and also saw one crane there as well. That of course doesnt mean there isnt other stuff going on in these cities, but I think Liverpool remains well on the up at the moment and more developers will be attracted by the success of what is being built now.
    Definitely agree, I saw a politics show at lunchtime and it spoke of manchester's economic success at the expense of the rest of the Northwest particularly Blackpool. To be frank Manchester has had a lot done to it over the last 10 years but it doesn't look any better, personally I don't think their Beetham is anything special.

Liverpool is on the way up the Mersey miracle continues.

Default Dull buildings

Manchester's Beetham Tower is dull. It's not good enough just to be tall. Oh look a big building! and then...?

Quote Originally Posted by petromax View Post
    Manchester's Beetham Tower is dull. It's not good enough just to be tall. Oh look a big building! and then...?
    Adreed! I think it looks like a giant video casette. Beetham West is far more impressive.

I was looking to find out what art deco buildings are and came across this website, totally unrelated but it's interesting to see how many of our building projects have been cancelled !!!

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/bdbsea...city=Liverpool

Sorry if u've seen it before

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12