Well in Max..Good photie Lad.

Nice pics Gerard and Max

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by lexy1210 View Post
    Nice pics Gerard and Max

Thanks lexy.

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

Monday 26th February 2007

Still from film shot in Princes Park depicting the backs of the villas the occupants for whom this Park was originally reserved for.

An unjustly neglected park Princes Park which lost a lot of it's trees in the storm of 1978(?) and many more to Dutch Elm. Also had it's boat-house razed at around that time too.

The putting green was a personal favourite. 15p I think it was when I was a regular.

All in all Prinnie's a still grand old dear who needs a bit of restoration..

About the pic, I just followed this graffiti over two parks and 2 miles. Or maybe it followed me..

P.s How great's that house?

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by The Teardrop Explodes View Post

Still from film shot in Princes Park depicting the backs of the villas the occupants for whom this Park was originally reserved for.

An unjustly neglected park Princes Park which lost a lot of it's trees in the storm of 1978(?) and many more to Dutch Elm. Also had it's boat-house razed at around that time too.

The putting green was a personal favourite. 15p I think it was when I was a regular.

All in all Prinnie's a still grand old dear who needs a bit of restoration..

About the pic, I just followed this graffiti over two parks and 2 miles. Or maybe it followed me..

P.s How great's that house?
    Dam Fine Fotie Sir!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Dam Fine Fotie Sir!!
    Thanks Gerard.

I thought exactly the same of your one of a snowy St.Georges Plateau. A really beautifully executed image.

The best images on here would make a really great picture book for 08' (or beyond) don't you think? Just re-jig the order a bit, get a bit of funding, cut a deal with a local/national/or international publisher.....

Kev's Seffo panorama's, Dave's recent Princes Dock (and others), et al. This space is really unearthing some stunning work...

Gerard

Thanks Gerard.

I thought exactly the same of your one of a snowy St.Georges Plateau. A really beautifully executed image.

The best images on here would make a really great picture book for 08' (or beyond) don't you think? Just re-jig the order a bit, get a bit of funding, cut a deal with a local/national/or international publisher.....

Kev's Seffo panorama's, Dave's recent Princes Dock (and others), et al. This space is really unearthing some stunning work...

I agree T T E...Some great pics on here..I've only been here about a Month and I cant thank Scouser Dave Enough for the Tips and Advise He's given me..And the Tips and hints I've taken on board from the Other Photographers..Professional and Non Professional..All good stuff..

Yerv gorra keep yer eye on that Scouser Dave Though...Jar of coffee he drank in an hour !!!..Lol...

Thank you by the way for the nice comments about my Piccie..
    Last edited by Gerard; 02-26-2007 at 09:41 PM.

No offence to you or anything but I'm curious why it looks so pixelated. Its like it was badly scanned or resized from a very small image. Hopefully this doesn't create 4 pages of backlash like last time

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by petecarr View Post
    No offence to you or anything but I'm curious why it looks so pixelated. Its like it was badly scanned or resized from a very small image. Hopefully this doesn't create 4 pages of backlash like last time
    Pete, I think you're being narrow minded.
    If Teardrop sold this pic to us all as a piece of Photographic Art, we'd all be going Wow!

I like it. And if the results were due to a crap scan, well he's a lucky bugger. I love stuff like this as well as abstract photography, mainly because I can't do it.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Yerv gorra keep yer eye on that Scouser Dave Though...Jar of coffee he drank in an hour !!!..Lol...
    Gerard mate, that coffee of yours didn't half stimulate me prostate. I was peeing meself every 5 minutes until I gorra bag of chips down me neck to soak it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Pete, I think you're being narrow minded.
    If Teardrop sold this pic to us all as a piece of Photographic Art, we'd all be going Wow!

I like it. And if the results were due to a crap scan, well he's a lucky bugger. I love stuff like this as well as abstract photography, mainly because I can't do it.
    I never asked for your criticism of my post so go away

scouserdave

I never asked for your criticism of my post so go away
    Touché

Phil wouldn't get this
    Last edited by scouserdave; 02-26-2007 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Just a thought

That's my style really.

I like working with blurred, indistinct, raw images using slightly inappropriate equipment because I just gives me the variables I'm looking for in my work.

I use a digi-cam for extracting stills rather than a conventional stills camera precisely because I like the technical limitations, not enough res etc.
    Also I also think images captured from moving-film just have a certain sort of 'movement', a certain sort of rawness locked in them as opposed to more consciously composed set-pieces, for instance, the Liver buildings pic (12th Feb)- I couldn't have really got what I got there with 'proper' camera.

Anyway I really like your site Pete. Top images.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Touché

Phil wouldn't get this
    Leave me out of this, Dave.
    There's a good chap.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast