Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Lyric Thearter,Everton Valley
    George, everyone wants to know where you get your great photos, well at least one of them is from my website and even has my watermark on it. Worse than that though the photo was loaned to me from the British Music Hall Society which is clearly credited underneath the photo on my site. Right Click protection didn't stop you either, nor did you consider simply asking me for permission, which i do usually grant providing my site is clearly credited and a Link back is given. I understand this is an enthusiasts blog and that you all love the photos but please, don't just take them from other sites without asking or you get all the credit and we don't even get a thank you for all the work we put into our own sites.

Quentin_Sharples

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    George, everyone wants to know where you get your great photos, well at least one of them is from my website and even has my watermark on it. Worse than that though the photo was loaned to me from the British Music Hall Society which is clearly credited underneath the photo on my site. Right Click protection didn't stop you either, nor did you consider simply asking me for permission, which i do usually grant providing my site is clearly credited and a Link back is given. I understand this is an enthusiasts blog and that you all love the photos but please, don't just take them from other sites without asking or you get all the credit and we don't even get a thank you for all the work we put into our own sites.
    Hi, Matthew.
    It is a great photo and the clearest I've seen and due credit should have been given.
    One of the photos on your site has been credited to the photographer, but I know he wasn't asked.

Matthew, no matter where it came from it's an excellent pic that alot of us haven't seen. Post a link to ur site so we can have a nose at ur others

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    Matthew, no matter where it came from it's an excellent pic that alot of us haven't seen. Post a link to ur site so we can have a nose at ur others
    Well I'm glad that more people have seen it and you can find out more about the pace on my site here http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Liverpo...eLiverpool.htm I hope that you find my site of interest.

If you would let me know which one I will look into it. i go to a lot of effort to get permission to use the images on my site but sometimes it isn't possible to track the copywrite holder down.

George

but sometimes it isn't possible to track the copywrite holder down.
    Then you shouldn'tbe using it then.

pot kettle spring to mind.

Your logo stamp has intervened also with copyright law ie you have defaced the photographs of the official photographers work.

I gave you the credit the meer fact I left your site logo on the pic,I was contemplating on removing it but at least I gave people the honour of knowing where it came from.

What you see on the intenet can be had, you cannot protect what is shown and that is fact.
    There are three ways to save a picture no matter how you try to protect it.

I'd just like to take the oppertunity to say thank you to the person who scurried to Mathews site and let him know one of his pics has been posted on Yo.

George

George, everyone wants to know where you get your great photos, well at least one of them is from my website and even has my watermark on it.
    You will see I have taken the liberty to ask Kev to kindly remove the pic of the thearter from this thread as it was from your site,no big deal really it was just a pic.

Right click security is a gimmick and does not work ie before Firefox made its appearence on the web and only IE(Explorer) was the norm,for every page you visited on the net all the contents where in the IE cache folder,sifting through this can locate any pic or data and can be saved,however since the introduction of Firefox has made it simpler just by going to "Tools/Page Info/Media" another approach is "Print Screen" and load it into a paint program as "new from scratchboard"

Don't think for one minute that implementing a command line in your page script can stop people from saving pictures because it is not possible to do so,whats out there can be saved.

Thank you Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You will see I have taken the liberty to ask Kev to kindly remove the pic of the thearter from this thread as it was from your site,no big deal really it was just a pic.

Thank you Kev.
    George and Kev, Thanks for removing the image, appreciated. Matthew.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    EWS tanks and Islington on my site. Pfft - not seen them anywhere. The lone walker is walking down Seacombe street towards the shops on Great Homer Street, the tower of Schofield's lemonade factory on Dalrymple street on the right, the shops on Scottie in the distance - no mystery even though the photographer, Bernard Fallon has it as otherwise

Pic in post 43 belongs to Sirob, most of the rest (if not all) are LRO.

George. We appreciate the photos, we really do, however I do see both sides of the argument and I did aspire to alerting you to real owners of some of the photos in this post here. It is only common courtesy after all. There are one or two people who quite rightly would be annoyed if you posted any pics from their site up as they may have been given permission to show them on their sites ONLY.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Great pieces of photographic history , thanks to all .

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    George. We appreciate the photos, we really do, however I do see both sides of the argument and I did aspire to alerting you to real owners of some of the photos in this post here. It is only common courtesy after all. There are one or two people who quite rightly would be annoyed if you posted any pics from their site up as they may have been given permission to show them on their sites ONLY.
    I have kept up with this thread and i feel that Ged has a point, as does George.
    Having posted hundreds of my own pics on Yo!, I am happy for anyone to copy them. They are mine, so no probs.
    George posted some very good pictures, but did not credit them, thus leaving himself open to a charge of piracy.
    Ged is right in that some websites have permission to put photographs on their site only, i have tried to obtain pics from certain sites, only to be told this.
    There is one firm with an ace collection of Liverpool stuff, but it sells prints and regularly monitors forums for infringements!
    As it is impossible to protect anything on the web, the only thing is not to post it if you do not want it to be copied. Nobody is any the wiser if you 'capture' something for your own use, but if it appears on the web again, you do not know who is looking! This is what I think happened here. I had a bad do some time ago, when I posted a pic that I had been given on a technical forum. It was not long before someone wanted reproduction fees!!!!
    To sum up, I think caution is the only way and to credit stuff. I now say if thre's any doubt then leave it out.
    Thanks George for an interesting thread.
    You take them for granted - until one day they're gone!

George

Awhile ago we were on about the bogs in the streets...well....

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1

George

And the clock in colour this time....

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1

George

The copyYard...isthis the one you're on about Gedro?

http://www.petersheils.com/USERIMAGES/16.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Well I'm glad that more people have seen it and you can find out more about the pace on my site here http://www.arthurlloyd.co.uk/Liverpo...eLiverpool.htm I hope that you find my site of interest.
    Besides all the issues of copyright and common courtesy, when someone posts a picture we find interesting we're denied the opportunity to view more of the same ilk if no link is given to the original source. Thanks Matthew.

I don't think I've ever infringed copyright, but it is possibly I've done so inadvertantly at some time. Often there is no need. Found a photo of the Liverpool waterfront on a site once - it was an absolute stonker. It was on a photographers own site and I asked him if he minded me copying the picture to use as a desktop on my PC. Not only did he not mind, he told me the version on his site was reduced in file size, and actually sent me the full version of the photo as an attachment.
    I'd tell you where to find the photo and who the photographer was, but when I moved jobs I left it on the PC and can no longer remember the photographers name.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345