Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Goths

yes, that's right.
    Goths are no danger, but scallies are .

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    The original point I was making was not whether Goths are better than Scallies or vice versa. It was about huge amounts of young people hanging round the Victoria monument on a Saturday afternoon. If it were Scallies doing this I would have the same opinion. The fact is that the Victoria monument has been defaaced in the past and the Goths cause a lot of noise and look unruly.

I agree many of these young people are probably very intelligent, but somewhere should be provided for them rather than Derby Square.

Would you still have the same opinion on these people if they were wearing suits ?
    I'm pretty sure you wouldnt. i think youre problem is with the way they look, you havent even told us that they have done anything wrong apart from making a bit of noise.
    Just because the monumnet was defaced in the past, thats no reason to move these kids on, if they are not cuasing any trouble, leave them alone.

Leave the police to deal with real troublemakers

Totally agree. Many of them are geeky and at least make efforts to move out of the way as you make your way past/through them - unlike a gang of disrespecting knuckle dragging scallies would.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Apologies if you've had this, it's from way back. I remember this story each time I pass them.

City Goths go safely thanks to Tate Gallery art project

Jul 12 2006

By Jessica Shaughnessy Daily Post Staff

AN UNLIKELY crime-busting operation has reduced robberies in Liverpool's city centre by a third.

Vulnerable teenagers were taken off the streets and away from the clutches of robbers to take part in an art project.

Now robberies in the city centre have dropped by 34%, thanks to the initiative run by Merseyside Police and Tate Liverpool.

Robbers and muggers were preying on a group of "Goth" teenagers who congregated in Derby Square and at the Pier Head at weekends and during school holidays.

More
    Last edited by geoffrey; 09-05-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Give the Goths a break, we are so conditioned in this climate of fear created be our repressive goverment, that we fear any one who is "different".
    Goths just walk about the city from the Pier to the Courts to the Gardens and back again. Who has actually seen a Goth causing trouble, it's all hearsay. Goths are Great, Emo's aint bad either. Goths are an easy target for the Police to go after with their Section 30.

This man talks sense!

Yes, other than the occasional smashed bottle at the Law Courts I've never seen any trouble. They're introvert and more interested in their music and art than trying to be intimidating to people they don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameraman View Post
    Give the Goths a break, we are so conditioned in this climate of fear created be our repressive goverment, that we fear any one who is "different".
    Goths just walk about the city from the Pier to the Courts to the Gardens and back again. Who has actually seen a Goth causing trouble, it's all hearsay. Goths are Great, Emo's aint bad either. Goths are an easy target for the Police to go after with their Section 30.
    I don't get why kids discriminate for wearing clothes but won't discriminate over skin colour.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Why? Should they?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Why? Should they?
    Didn't say they should.

But most kids/teens find It ok to discriminate over clothes or lifestyles but won't discriminate over skin colour or religion. Their too daft to see the double standards.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Clothes are choice, skin colour is not.

It's all borne of fear, either way.

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Didn't say they should.

But most kids/teens find It ok to discriminate over clothes or lifestyles but won't discriminate over skin colour or religion. Their too daft to see the double standards.
    I find most scally kids are very discriminative of peoples skin colour and religion. Only have to see the graffitti at our local Tandoori house round my way to see that. Plus on a few walls on businesses owned by darker skinned proprieters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapers View Post
    I find most scally kids are very discriminative of peoples skin colour and religion. Only have to see the graffitti at our local Tandoori house round my way to see that. Plus on a few walls on businesses owned by darker skinned proprieters.
    Definately !

they have this pack mentality and attack anything or anyone a bit different from their pathetic selves.

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Didn't say they should.

Not double standards at all. You can discriminate for peoples lifestyles, hair style, basically anything. Theres no rules to discrimination.
    Last edited by Shapers; 09-13-2007 at 07:37 PM.

I don't discriminate at all.....I treat everyone the same, like crap
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    I don't discriminate at all.....I treat everyone the same, like crap
    I hate everyone equally

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast