Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    They come from Formby and the affluent suburbs to indulge in a little safe Anti Social behavior away from the estates and other scall hang outs. Give 'em two years and they'll all be off to Uni only to be replaced by another load. I'm sure there's a bus that bring 'em all in.

Saturday afternoon is ridiculous by the Pier head

Hug a Goth I say.
    I've known goths In their 20's even hanging around those kinda places.

Female Goths though.

Chavasse Park.
    The Bushes of Chavasse Park was mostly full of drug addicts and lads wanting BJ's. Saw some smackheads go Into the old Chavasse bushes just to inject.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

scouserdave

Can't stop laughing, reading about how Goths are supposed to be a nasty bunch. As youth cults go, they must be the nicest bunch of kids I've ever come across. Same with the Emo kids who basically are a better dressed version of them. In the parlance of the youth today, Goths are a bunch of pussies. Nice kids.

Goths are great and Liverpool seems to be a bit of a Goth city. I love it when they gather at the Pier Head and start their screaming. It echoes like mad and seems crazy in a fun sort of way. People are popping along from the Albert Dock to oggle them. Maybe they'll be the next big thing about Liverpool? Loads of them are playing music. Any year now we might have a Liverpool Goth band that will end up bigger than the Beatles.

I do like the female ones with black hair though but It's always the blonde ones I like.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    They come from Formby and the affluent suburbs to indulge in a little safe Anti Social behavior away from the estates and other scall hang outs. Give 'em two years and they'll all be off to Uni only to be replaced by another load. I'm sure there's a bus that bring 'em all in.

Saturday afternoon is ridiculous by the Pier head

Hug a Goth I say.
    I am sorry to say that Wallasey can be included in that as-well! Why is it that when ever I get the 432 back over the water; there is always a group of them in the shelter? Not only do they look a right mess, the silly girls in the group are always loud! Why can't they just wait with some decorumn? (that goes for emo's too)

It makes me rather ashamed to be associated with Wallasey!

Maybe they congragate under the Queen Victoria Monument because she wore black after her late husbands death? They think that she was a goth herself??? But it is rather intimidating and scruffy, I know that other cities have Goths but why do they have to be somewhere where everyone can see them? Can't they get some underground room? Or just go! I can't get over their attitude sometimes but that's another story.

Don't really have a problem with Scallies; if you don't disturb them, they wont disturb you. I met some nice scally like persons in Breckfield once and they were actually really nice people! (I might be in the minority here!)
    Last edited by wallasey; 02-03-2007 at 08:24 PM.
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Walden

Quote Originally Posted by twiz View Post
    Don't defend the goths, when their in 1s, 2s or 3s their fine but get them in a huge group like at derby square and their tossers. They are always graffitying (made up word), jumping all over telephone boxes and for a passer by I'm sure 40 goth clones smoking weed and having a me against the world attitude is intimidating.
    That makes them sound like football fans - surely there not that bad

I know they're every bit as cloned as scallies but I find them a breath of fresh air. Scallies nearly always look thick as sh*t. On balance, I think I'd rather be stuck in a lift with a goth than a scally.

Becareful some of you lot are starting to sound like your parents.

Since the 1950s, most young people have identified themselves belong to, being part of a youth subculture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youth_subculture

can you remember/ see yourself as part of a youth subculture, have a look at the list below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_youth_subcultures
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Becareful some of you lot are starting to sound like your parents.
    That is true to be honest! We all need some sort of "identity" at some point in our lives!

Shapers

Why people have a problem with Goths hanging round? Yes they do spraypaint, which they should be prosecuted for, but as for being noisy etc, there doing it in a non residential area. Go into residential areas like Norris Green, Old Swan, Anfeild ad you will see scally kids doing a lot more than screaming and shouting. And they vandalise peoples homes, not just a monument.

I have never had ny sort of problems with Goths, they keep to themselves and are usually intelligent people. Scallys on the other hand cause murder and look for it. I been on buses and trains and if a few Goths are sitting down minding there own business, you can guarantee the minute a scally gets on, they start giving the goths a hard time. I have spoken to Goths, Skaters etc wheter be on public transport or in the Krazyhouse and you find they are usually quite witty and with a brain. Rather be on a bus full of Goths than Scallies.

Libertarian

The original point I was making was not whether Goths are better than Scallies or vice versa. It was about huge amounts of young people hanging round the Victoria monument on a Saturday afternoon. If it were Scallies doing this I would have the same opinion. The fact is that the Victoria monument has been defaaced in the past and the Goths cause a lot of noise and look unruly.

I agree many of these young people are probably very intelligent, but somewhere should be provided for them rather than Derby Square.

Shapers

Kids are going to hang out in huge groups anyway, rather it would somewhere like town or a park than a residential area. Yes they should be tackled regarding the graffiti, but as long as there not causing trouble or intimidating passers by then i don't see the problem. No matter were they go, someone will still moan.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    The original point I was making was not whether Goths are better than Scallies or vice versa. It was about huge amounts of young people hanging round the Victoria monument on a Saturday afternoon. If it were Scallies doing this I would have the same opinion. The fact is that the Victoria monument has been defaaced in the past and the Goths cause a lot of noise and look unruly.

I agree many of these young people are probably very intelligent, but somewhere should be provided for them rather than Derby Square.
    Didn't they have Quiggins? Or that area anyway?

the other thing is that the scateboarders go there too and try and jump off the steps, I am sure someone's going to get seriously injured there one day.

Shapers

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post

the other thing is that the scateboarders go there too and try and jump off the steps, I am sure someone's going to get seriously injured there one day.
    As long as its only themselves there injuring. Not be like the Scallies going round on bikes and whatever knocking people over.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post

Quiggins, near the Bluecoat, is blocked off now.
    It's going to get demolished.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast