Blog Entries

Emo kids? please reveal more.....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

MissInformed

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Emo kids? please reveal more.....
    Emo kids are into 'emotional hardcore' music. They dress in dark colours but with kitschy accessories. Skinny jeans, converse, designer haircuts, the guys with long fringes mostly combed over.
    They are the ones you have most likely seen in gangs in Derby Square, and at the Pier Head, which they simply call 'The Pier'.

theninesisters

LOL I must be getting old - first I've ever heard of Emo Kids

I used to be a Goth in my younger days, well about 10 years ago. Black jeans, metallica T-shirt and bikers jacket. I even grew my hair once but let's not go there

The funny thing about them is, once they were 'alternative', but now they're just the new fashion. It's 'cool' to wear stripes, beads and jeans that are too tight, too much make-up and spending the whole time looking sorrowful.

Still, largely they're ok, and are introvert in that they don't intimidate or attack members of the public for enjoyment. My only complaint is the rubbish grafitti and bottle smashing that seems to go on - perhaps this is their little rebellion? Either way, I prefer them 100x to scallies, and it seems that more and more kids are choosing poetry, indie/rock music and makeup to dangerous dogs, awful 'house' music and eyeballing every passer-by.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    l.

Don't get me wrong I am not against Goths but surely somewhere should be provided for them to vent their teenie angst in.
    they could hang upside down in the williamson tunnels.

Don't defend the goths, when their in 1s, 2s or 3s their fine but get them in a huge group like at derby square and their tossers. They are always graffitying (made up word), jumping all over telephone boxes and for a passer by I'm sure 40 goth clones smoking weed and having a me against the world attitude is intimidating.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by matchworks View Post
    they could hang upside down in the williamson tunnels.

* Having said that they are better than walking past scallies and worrying about getting stabbed for glancing in the wrong direction and dodging a pitbull.

MissInformed

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    The funny thing about them is, once they were 'alternative', but now they're just the new fashion. It's 'cool' to wear stripes, beads and jeans that are too tight, too much make-up and spending the whole time looking sorrowful.

Still, largely they're ok, and are introvert in that they don't intimidate or attack members of the public for enjoyment. My only complaint is the rubbish grafitti and bottle smashing that seems to go on - perhaps this is their little rebellion? Either way, I prefer them 100x to scallies, and it seems that more and more kids are choosing poetry, indie/rock music and makeup to dangerous dogs, awful 'house' music and eyeballing every passer-by.
    Very well said Snappel!!

I was in Quiggins on sat, lots of goths and moshers knocking in and around there and Bold st, they don't seem to be any trouble other than blocking the pavement - quite colourful - if you can call 'black' that...

It's not Quiggins though is it? Not anymore.

twiz - what I mean is, you may be intimidated by seeing them, but it's a bit different to the scallies. When I lived in Kensington, all the time I'd see them throwing cans and rubbish at passing cyclists, deliberately forcing people off the pavement, and generally hanging around in mobs waiting for the next passer-by to insult.

Usually the goths take notice of people going past - they're too busy hugging each other and running about. Yes, the grafitti and vandalism is totally unacceptable - in fact on one occasion me and a mate were by the Victoria monument and this goth kid smashed a bottle, and my mate made him pick the bits up.

Central Hall............

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    I didn't realise they were casing such a problem.In my experience you can walk through/past them and they won't give you a second look.I don't think you could say the same about a similarly large assembly of dirty trackied scratters.

Same here.Never heard a ****ie bird out of them that doesnt go on with most Normal Kids growin up..
    They'd S*** their keks and run a Mile if you pulled them up..
    Unlike the Scum that terrorise Kids outside McDonalds on a Saturday Afternoon robbin' money off Decent Kids,
    They'd stick a Knife in yer as soon as look at yer.
    3 of them pulled my Youngest Son up when he was about 16,He gave the Big fella such a dig in the gob that he was out cold and the other 2 were gone like the Roadrunner...meep meep!!..Typical Cowards..

It's true! I remember being up at the courts once on my bike, chatting to a couple of BMXer mates, and suddenly word spread through the 100+ goths that 'scallies were coming'. All the goths cleared out like Wilderbeast as nine or ten scalls appeared from Chavasse Park.

Interesting what you said about your son. Often the scallies are really in your face until they realise they don't have the upper hand. On the train once this mob of them were being rude to everyone, and some old woman stood up and started shouting and they all got embarassed and sloped off. Funnier than that was when my mate caught one who'd been throwing stuff at him, and my mate kicked the absolute crap out him. He was mid-teens but screamed like a girl!

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    It's true! I remember being up at the courts once on my bike, chatting to a couple of BMXer mates, and suddenly word spread through the 100+ goths that 'scallies were coming'. All the goths cleared out like Wilderbeast as nine or ten scalls appeared from Chavasse Park.

Interesting what you said about your son. Often the scallies are really in your face until they realise they don't have the upper hand. On the train once this mob of them were being rude to everyone, and some old woman stood up and started shouting and they all got embarassed and sloped off. Funnier than that was when my mate caught one who'd been throwing stuff at him, and my mate kicked the absolute crap out him. He was mid-teens but screamed like a girl!
    Normally the way snappel,Collar the Big mouth and the rest shut up rather pronto!!.
    Keep them great Photies comin' by the way Lad..Superb mate...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast