Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goths

Libertarian

Default Goths

Coming out of work on overtime this afternoon I passed down Castle Street and Lord Street. I noticed a huge amount of Goth teenagers congregating in Derby Square. Not only does it look really bad they are causing a lot of trouble. Lord Street was full of them screaming and running round and the square itself looks really tatty. They are lounging around the Queen Victoria monument in a really disrespectfull way

They are acting in an antisociaal behavior and I can't understaand why the police don't disperse them.

Anyone coming here for the first time and seeing that would get a really bad impression.

Hey, take away their eyeliner and matrix coats and they become hoodies...

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    Coming out of work on overtime this afternoon I passed down Castle Street and Lord Street. I noticed a huge amount of Goth teenagers congregating in Derby Square. Not only does it look really bad they are causing a lot of trouble. Lord Street was full of them screaming and running round and the square itself looks really tatty. They are lounging around the Queen Victoria monument in a really disrespectfull way

They are acting in an antisociaal behavior and I can't understaand why the police don't disperse them.

Anyone coming here for the first time and seeing that would get a really bad impression.
    Is this post for real?

MarkA

They usually congregate at the Pier Head, but just like the seagulls the bad weather brings them further inland. Agree, they should be dispersed by the police.

MarkA

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Is this post for real?

Don't tell us you were one of them!

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    Don't tell us you were one of them!
    Ha Ha.
    No.
    The original post reads just llike a wind up!
    They don't bother me.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-27-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Libertarian

If you had seen the noise they were making and the fact that Lord Street was full of them shouting, swearing and acting antisocially you would know it's for real.

Don't get me wrong I am not against Goths but surely somewhere should be provided for them to vent their teenie angst in.

PhilipG

If you had seen the noise they were making and the fact that Lord Street was full of them shouting, swearing and acting antisocially you would know it's for real.

Don't get me wrong I am not against Goths but surely somewhere should be provided for them to vent their teenie angst in.
    Sorry S, now I realise you're serious.
    They used to be by the old Quiggins and the Bluecoat, and always seemed rather innocuous.

Libertarian

Well that's it there is nowhere for them to go. But Derby Square is not the right place.

There's a hell of a lot of graffiti around the Victoria monument now if you got an take a closer lookm its quite sad.

Libertarian

Indeed and the irony is that that is outside the Crown Court. If they can't keep a semblance of order there where can they keep order?

Blog Entries

They come from Formby and the affluent suburbs to indulge in a little safe Anti Social behavior away from the estates and other scall hang outs. Give 'em two years and they'll all be off to Uni only to be replaced by another load. I'm sure there's a bus that bring 'em all in.

Saturday afternoon is ridiculous by the Pier head

Hug a Goth I say.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

I didn't realise they were casing such a problem.In my experience you can walk through/past them and they won't give you a second look.I don't think you could say the same about a similarly large assembly of dirty trackied scratters.

theninesisters

What trouble are they actually causing apart from just arsing about? I've never had a spot of trouble from any Goth. They may hang around in groups but they're no scallies in trackies.

There is anti-social behavior where someone is kicking a window through, just by sitting around, they're doing no harm.

MissInformed

I quite agree Jona.

Although, goths and emo kids are 2 different things.

Goths, in my opinion, are the more shy and quiet of the 2.

Emo kids are probably the ones causing the noise, they do love attention. (they do annoy me somewhat)

But, in actual fact, I have never heard or seen any goth or emo commit any anti social behaviour. I.e being abusive to people passing by, vandalising property, etc.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast