Thread: HELP FIX OUR LEAKY LAKES!!!

Default HELP FIX OUR LEAKY LAKE!!!

Anyone and everyone, including anglers concerned that the water level has once again fallen in Princes Park Lake, are welcome to come to this meeting of The Friends Of Princes Park. Derek Dottie of the Parks Department will be there to explain the situation and hopefully to say when it will be fixed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

I wish more power to your elbow.

If there is another concern that needs a plug more than this I shall eat my hat.

Hope people show up for your cause.. Sounds like anyone in that area should be concerned about the neighborhood...Good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    I wish more power to your elbow.

If there is another concern that needs a plug more than this I shall eat my hat.
    Thanks, but how about this?

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...-TO-BE-RESCUED

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by empeebee View Post
    While I might well relish a chat about the lack of Lib-Dems and the spendthriftery of NewLab, I am but a simple fellow who....conects leaky lakes and 'plugs'. Just for the crack.

While I might well relish a chat about the lack of Lib-Dems and the spendthriftery of NewLab, I am but a simple fellow who....conects leaky lakes and 'plugs'. Just for the crack.
    Sorry - I missed the pun! But I still think you should eat your hat!

Blog Entries

Sorry - I missed the pun! But I still think you should eat your hat!
    (ice-cream) cone with a 'D' on it?

Default OUR LEAKY LAKE: AN UPDATE

Now that the refurbishment work on Sefton Park has been completed, it seems that the team responsible is now turning its attention to Princes Park. Following a meeting last Monday with Team Leader Tom Duckworth, the Friends Of Princes Park have now been assured that work is about to start very soon on investigating the leakage of water into a disused culvert. Furthermore, dependent on a successful Lottery bid, it is hoped to establish a borehole to ensure that future water levels will be assured. Repairs would also be made to the surrounding stonework and re-establish the island as a wildlife refuge, completely surrounded by water. There may also be the possibility of extending the lake northwards along its original course.

Anyone interested in assisting the Friends Of Princes Park in pursuing this, or any of their other aims, are welcome to attend their next meeting on Monday, 20th September at Bellerive School, Windermere Terrace at 6.0 pm

Blog Entries

Again, I wish you all the best and nothing but the best. This is exactly what has been and is being done in the park opposite where I live, bore holes and all.
    This is probably not so surprising because these ideas and the methodology now has a track record of obtaining Lottery funding.
    City parks are indeed a joy to behold. They have added a skate/cycle area to an expanded playground here too. Being an Olympic Borough has helped here though.

Default MEETING TONIGHT

Please see yesterday's post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	653.4 KB 
ID:	17284  

Blog Entries

Certainly, MPB. In the absence of an Olympic angle strong support from the public will go a long way to pushing these improvements forward.

Certainly, MPB. In the absence of an Olympic angle strong support from the public will go a long way to pushing these improvements forward.
    In other words, good luck, but you're gonna need it! ... But thanks for putting a positive spin on your thoughts!

Blog Entries

In other words, good luck, but you're gonna need it! ... But thanks for putting a positive spin on your thoughts!
    Eau contraire, mon brave. It's "All the best" from me all the way!

I think (for perfectly sensible reasons) those that thrust for these improvements are going about it the best way they can with the maximum chance of success.

However, that it is high time for the community, each and every community, to get down and with it with regard to improvements and enhancements around their respective neighbourhoods cannot be over stated.

We-the-people should grow up and take an active interest in all matters local and should be encouraged at every step to do so by local politicians if these same politicians are to be seen as a worthwhile part of local life.

Not spin
    just
    win-win.

Eau contraire, mon brave. It's "All the best" from me all the way!

I think (for perfectly sensible reasons) those that thrust for these improvements are going about it the best way they can with the maximum chance of success.

However, that it is high time for the community, each and every community, to get down and with it with regard to improvements and enhancements around their respective neighbourhoods cannot be over stated.

We-the-people should grow up and take an active interest in all matters local and should be encouraged at every step to do so by local politicians if these same politicians are to be seen as a worthwhile part of local life.

Not spin
    just
    win-win.
    So let's all go for the 'Big Society' concept? Fine, if it makes for greater empowerment for individuals, less reliance on bureaucracy... But if it means hiving it all off on to unpaid volunteers, then count me out!

P.S. I always watch out for your puns now - particularly liked 'eau contraire'