Thread: Pavements

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    George

Default Pavements

How is it that in the town center the pavements slabs get laid edge to edge and yet in the outer suberbs the pavement is highly dangerous for trips and falls? is it because the council want joe public to trip and injure themselves or is it because some white collar worker just cannot be bothered(inspection) reporting the job is substandard and needs to be done again with a kick ass warning to the flaggers?

There's a street by me that has 20% new flags been laid and they're sticking out at the edges/corners that is an accident waiting to happen.

I'm gonna take a few pics of this street in a day or two and post em here on this thread.
    I'd appreciate anyone else taking pics of their own pavement cos I'm gonna write a stiff letter to the council enviroment and directing them to the thread here when enough pics has been posted.

This would not happen in Germany,Holland,France,Belgium ect,ect and its high time England county councils enforced a stiff ruling that pavements should be high priority in the levelling of them.

Grrrrr! it makes yer mad to think these shoddy jobs are in with the council taxes we pay.

Pennylane

I know what you mean George , my Dad had a bad fall last year over such a flag stone ... Still they do nothing about it ..

We dont get paving slabs here !, they tarmac ours, as it is more cost efficient

Quote Originally Posted by squiggs View Post
    We dont get paving slabs here !, they tarmac ours, as it is more cost efficient
    That's what I hate seeing. They should have some pride in their city and want even the paving to always look nice

Quote Originally Posted by scouse smurf View Post
    That's what I hate seeing. They should have some pride in their city and want even the paving to always look nice
    I'd like paving too !, in the long run it would be probably cheaper too !

Ya remember all the work they did around Williamson Sq, putting in them little brick paving stones around. Then some work gets done and it gets replaced with tarmac

Blog Entries

Do you have to be a Labour voter to get anything done these days?

Flagging is just a scam! They lay them badly,so they are continually asked to repair their own c**p work! Bring back inspectors!!!

In Toronto,there are no flags,just concrete,with a date stamp on it somewhere,so they know when the job was done! (And it doesn't look as bad as it sounds!)