Thread: 100 Heads

scouserdave

Default 100 Heads

I was at the press launch in the Echo Building last night of Tony Brown's 100 Heads Thinking As One Exhibition. They're 100 portraits of people who Tony Brown has chosen for their contribution to Liverpool life. Some you'll know, some you'll wont. I say "100", but he's done 65 and will complete the project by 2008. It's an amzing piece of work and well worth a visit. You can view the exhibition in the Echo building from today until the 28th and then it goes on to the Metropolitan Cathedral, then Williamson's Art Gallery and St George's Hall.

Here's a couple of my mates (and probably Ged's too!), Mike Kelly and Ron Formby. Ron's a bit funny with these events and never showed up.

Last edited by scouserdave; 01-24-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Excellent Dave
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Hiya Dave, yes Tony's very talented isn't he. I enquired about the echo exhibition space for a possible event and was told £250 per day, pffft. I got the impression they were more interested in making profits, or recovering losses (whichever way you want to look at it) rather than getting a free exhibition for the good people of Liverpool. I must say, that's the best i've ever seen Ron looking. Mike has an updated version of his Liverpool's influential irish figures just out too and we're all at a lunch with the authors next month.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Hiya Dave, yes Tony's very talented isn't he. I enquired about the echo exhibition space for a possible event and was told £250 per day, pffft. I got the impression they were more interested in making profits, or recovering losses (whichever way you want to look at it) rather than getting a free exhibition for the good people of Liverpool. I must say, that's the best i've ever seen Ron looking. Mike has an updated version of his Liverpool's influential irish figures just out too and we're all at a lunch with the authors next month.
    Hiya Ged, the Echo are a bunch of robbing bar stewards if that's true, which I do not doubt. You'd think they'd appeciate the publicity. Ron's pic? He looks like one of those Romantic Poets, Byron perhaps? No wonder he didn't turn up

Mike Kelly? I love the guy to bits. A lovely gentle soul. Plus he's proposing me for membership to the Atheneum

Blog Entries

Heads and tales . . . famous Mersey lives put in the picture THE life stories of Liverpool’s great and good have been used to help create their portraits. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Heads and tales . . . famous Mersey lives put in the picture THE life stories of Liverpool’s great and good have been used to help create their portraits. more
    LOL! Never one to miss an opportunity, the Echo's pic has one of their own, David Charters in the foreground. To be fair to David, he is a fantastic journalist and always does his homework before interviews. Top man