Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bixteth Street (Berrys Building)

Default Bixteth Street (Berrys Building)

Not sure if this is the correct thread....however

A friend of mine four months ago moved into a new apartment with his partner into a converted warehouse in Bixteth Street, Liverpool, (Bixteth Street is just off Tithebarn street) The name of the warehouse is 'Berrys Building'.

Since he moved in he has heard ghostly sounds in the bedroom and doors opening and shutting, in a nutshell he says its haunted. In the daylight hours he has explored the basement of the building , he says it looks like an old prison, he was informed that it was once a temporary female prison, although he questions his source of information I,ve never heard of this.

Does anyone have any info on 'Berrys Building' in Bixteth Street and what it was used for ?

Haunted Building ooh just up my street Johnny. I do paranomal investigations. See if your friend could get us in. ha ha ha

George

Isn't that the old Railway station and at the back was bixteth street now gone.? to tthe side of that station was and still there an old entance to the undegound.

Quentin_Sharples

Quote Originally Posted by johnny blue View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread....however

A friend of mine four months ago moved into a new apartment with his partner into a converted warehouse in Bixteth Street, Liverpool, (Bixteth Street is just off Tithebarn street) The name of the warehouse is 'Berrys Building'.

Since he moved in he has heard ghostly sounds in the bedroom and doors opening and shutting, in a nutshell he says its haunted. In the daylight hours he has explored the basement of the building , he says it looks like an old prison, he was informed that it was once a temporary female prison, although he questions his source of information I,ve never heard of this.

Does anyone have any info on 'Berrys Building' in Bixteth Street and what it was used for ?

It was an office block, built in 1864.
    It's Berey's Buildings.

George.
    That was the subway under Exchange Station, connecting Prussia Street to Prussia Street.
    (Which went right through before the station was built.)

George

I just googled/street view can't see any old warhouses in bixteth street? I was wong with the above sorry.

Quentin_Sharples

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I just googled/street view can't see any old warhouses in bixteth street? I was wong with the above sorry.
    Quite a lot of buildings incorporated warehouses, but Joseph Sharples says Berey's Building was an office block, which seems right considering the area it's in.
    (Near Old Hall Street.)

George

Woooo,thats where So called jack the ipper hung out ie James Maybrick he frequented the old cotton exchange in that steet.

Quentin_Sharples

Woooo,thats where So called jack the ipper hung out ie James Maybrick he frequented the old cotton exchange in that steet.
    Near enough, George.
    Maybrick's office was in Tithebarn Street.

Knowsley Buildings, 15 Tithebarn Street. James Maybrick had his offices here. Demolished 1967 for Silkhouse Court.

George

Theres a map in the ripper diaries of the time JM was frequenting that area.

George

I just checked the map QS and his office was on the corner of Bixteth and Tithbarne St, on opposite side of the old railway station.

George

Bereys Buildings location and interior pictures:
    Jesus,thats the very building Maybrick had office in although this map in the diaies doesn't show the building itself its location is spot on.

George

JB if yer wanna read this about James Maybick yer might get an insight to the building as it was his officess....

http://www.casebook.org/suspects/jam...brick/may.html

George

1977 image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Scanned-53.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	15459  

Jesus,thats the very building Maybrick had office in although this map in the diaies doesn't show the building itself its location is spot on.
    Thats just great, so what all you clever folk have come up with makes good reading, so can I say that 'Bereys' Building housed the office of James Maybrick. What I need to know is , what floor was his office on and is it the same floor as the apartment my mate lives in.

Linda get yer coat on , your going ghost hunting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast