YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bixteth Street (Berrys Building)

Thanks

Default Bixteth Street (Berrys Building)

Not sure if this is the correct thread....however

A friend of mine four months ago moved into a new apartment with his partner into a converted warehouse in Bixteth Street, Liverpool, (Bixteth Street is just off Tithebarn street) The name of the warehouse is 'Berrys Building'.

Since he moved in he has heard ghostly sounds in the bedroom and doors opening and shutting, in a nutshell he says its haunted. In the daylight hours he has explored the basement of the building , he says it looks like an old prison, he was informed that it was once a temporary female prison, although he questions his source of information I,ve never heard of this.

Does anyone have any info on 'Berrys Building' in Bixteth Street and what it was used for ?

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Haunted Building ooh just up my street Johnny. I do paranomal investigations. See if your friend could get us in. ha ha ha

George

Isn't that the old Railway station and at the back was bixteth street now gone.? to tthe side of that station was and still there an old entance to the undegound.

Quentin_Sharples

Quote Originally Posted by johnny blue View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct thread....however

A friend of mine four months ago moved into a new apartment with his partner into a converted warehouse in Bixteth Street, Liverpool, (Bixteth Street is just off Tithebarn street) The name of the warehouse is 'Berrys Building'.

Since he moved in he has heard ghostly sounds in the bedroom and doors opening and shutting, in a nutshell he says its haunted. In the daylight hours he has explored the basement of the building , he says it looks like an old prison, he was informed that it was once a temporary female prison, although he questions his source of information I,ve never heard of this.

Does anyone have any info on 'Berrys Building' in Bixteth Street and what it was used for ?

It was an office block, built in 1864.
    It's Berey's Buildings.

George.
    That was the subway under Exchange Station, connecting Prussia Street to Prussia Street.
    (Which went right through before the station was built.)

George

I just googled/street view can't see any old warhouses in bixteth street? I was wong with the above sorry.

Quentin_Sharples

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I just googled/street view can't see any old warhouses in bixteth street? I was wong with the above sorry.
    Quite a lot of buildings incorporated warehouses, but Joseph Sharples says Berey's Building was an office block, which seems right considering the area it's in.
    (Near Old Hall Street.)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast