Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLad View Post
    yup, based on his book with additional research.. but basd on "The Cameo Conspiracy".. Colin McKeown and Julia Stannard are producing...
    A Bit confused here Canadian. If Skelly is doing it, as famous Scouser tells us, why would he have to do "additional research" on his own book/screenplay?.

Default famous scouser,s quote

:simply my question, see my answer to famous scouser on the cranborne road mrder site.????

actaully being written by two other writers, based on George's book...

So, Canadian, Skelly is Not writing it?
    I'm even more confused now because according to Famous Scouser, who seems to know a lot about it, it is Skelly who was writing the screenplay. Or do you mean it is Skelly and another writer?

george is being kept aware on it and being asked for advice and info, so yes, George is involved and being the respect he so deserves

Blog Entries

Without going into too much detail... how do the people involved know this? I can find nothing on IMDB or indeed a general search.

A bit of news for all you Cameo Afficianadoes, Brand new copies of Skelly's book are being sold on EBay for less than 20 quid. This sounds like a good deal because the used, secondhand copies are on Amazon UK from 23 quid to 94quid.!! The new copies are apparently also signed by the author.

This book is also held in the Liverpool Archives at the Picton Library. It is quite a rareity these days.

The plot thickens on Yo Liverpool. We've now got a guy on another thread, Cameo Film, who's apparently written a play which contains a "secret" about the case! The only problem with this " secret" is that, according to him/her, it is in all of the books about the murders! In other words it's public knowledge. That being the case, the reasonable question was asked : How can it then be a secret? His answer was, "Don't spoil the play".
    How odd!

Smile New play about the Cameo murders

Not odd at all. Would you like me to tell you who did the murder in The Mousetrap? Because I could do.

But Scouse, dont you see? You've been hoist by your own petard!
    The millions of people who have seen the Mousetrap over its numerous years run in the West End (the longest running play ever?) KNOW who the murderer is! Thus, it is no secret anymore!
    Can't you see, you have just disproved your own point.
    I dont wish to be facetious but why don't you approach Professor Codman to put on your play? After all, he too was around the St George's Hall area "at the time"!

Default New play about the Cameo murders

I am, I hope, a patient man, but how many times do I have to say this: if it's still a secret to someone it remains a secret --- no matter how many other people know it. The people I hope to reach with a dramatised version of what happened all those years ago are the hundreds, nay, thousands of people, many living in our fair City, for whom the whole affair means nothing. And the reason I tease, with talk of the Cameo secret, is to intrigue and engage them with the story, in the the way so many of you are already engaged.
    One, possibly two generations, have now passed since the appalling travesty of the Cameo Murders trial and George Kelly, as far as I'm concerned, is still not completly avenged.
    PS: No one goes to The Mousetrap knowing who did it. So let's not go down that road!

But don't you understand, those thousands of people you mention, do not know because they don't want to know?! Otherwise they would have taken an interest in the case. And as you say, generations have passsed since the murders which makes it even more unlikely that this generation would want to know about the case or your "secret".
    Moreover, aren't you aware that a movie is apparently being made of the case? Arent people - even the younger generation - more likely to watch the movie, with all it's pre-publicity and marketing, and which will probably also contain your "secret" - than go to see your yet to be performed play, whose only apparent "selling point" is your so-called secret.
    Come on Scouse, get real!

Angry

Depends how good my play is and how good their movie is. And that's no secret.
    Just for the record and at grave risk of becoming a pain in the arse can I repeat for hopefully the last time that the secret I speak of IS in both the books you mentioned.
    God, I'm losing my mind here!
    All the best, anyway.

In that case, I'll have to state for the final time, IT IS NOT AND CANNOT BE A SECRET!
    If your doing a play, then good luck to you. But please dont try to create controversy and interest with a patently false prospectus.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast