Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Judging by the state of the grave Harry, he may as well have stayed under that car park. At least there was visible identification of who he was, more than can be said for now.

As for the thread digressing, not on my part. It is a thread about a, George Kelly and b. the Cameo murders and whats more, it was started by a Kelly familly member telling us about the injustice of "uncle Georgie" and the way he was treated. I wonder how much of the injustice extends to the state of "Uncle Georgies" grave or the apparent contempt that this family member has for that Hero George Skelly who I happen to know was accused of "cashing in" on her uncles memory by writing a book. Can you believe that, the very book that exposed the injustice and the very man that brought out the truth and will do so again on another infamous case of Balmers.

Harry, bang on. George Kelly has his conviction quashed and most Liverpool people believed that he was guilty because Charlie Connolly had to plead guilty to save his life.
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 04-25-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Your verbose reply and rancor shows you take umbrage with me on my position. Are you Mr. Skelly?s agent or PR MAN? The issue is not who is who in this murky business, rather why it happened and why it should not happen again. You plainly show in your answer that you are not against the death penalty so any debate on the core problem is worthless. Regards the demonstration of Liverpool fans the sentiments of ordinary people you seem to see as meaningless. If you were promoting a book on the Hillsborough disaster would you feel the same way? I think your campaign for Skelly will hinder rather than help. If you were born and bred in the city how come your not clued up on these matters?

Out of respect for the memory of George I think this will be my last input.
    Paddy, I think I'll let the other contributors here judge who is the verbose and rancorous one!
    Why should you label me as pro-capital punishment simply because I differentiate between guilty and innocent people. Would you have pardoned serial killers like the Yorkshire Ripper and Fred West? I don't think your "ordinary Liverpool people" would have.
    And by the way, Famous Scouser, you had better watch out! It seems anyone who tells the truth and corrects inaccuracies of fact by Paddy- who doesn't seem to know the difference between a reprieve and a quashed conviction - is automatically labelled Mr Skelly's agent or PR man!
    Finally Paddy, since you say this is your last word on the subject, I've noticed that you have never once given any appreciation or praise to Messrs Santangeli, Skelly or people like Famous Scouser. Are you saving it all for the "oral tradionalists" among the "ordinary Liverpool people", who did nothing for nearly 60 years to correct a blatant miscarriage of justice?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Scouser View Post
    Judging by the state of the grave Harry, he may as well have stayed under that car park. At least there was visible identification of who he was, more than can be said for now.

As for the thread digressing, not on my part. It is a thread about a, George Kelly and b. the Cameo murders and whats more, it was started by a Kelly familly member telling us about the injustice of "uncle Georgie" and the way he was treated. I wonder how much of the injustice extends to the state of "Uncle Georgies" grave or the apparent contempt that this family member has for that Hero George Skelly who I happen to know was accused of "cashing in" on her uncles memory by writing a book. Can you believe that, the very book that exposed the injustice and the very man that brought out the truth and will do so again on another infamous case of Balmers.

Harry, bang on. George Kelly has his conviction quashed and most Liverpool people believed that he was guilty because Charlie Connolly had to plead guilty to save his life.

We have recently found out about this site, and have read over the last few months with interest about the so called people who "know" everything about the Kelly Family and in particular the affect it had on his immediate family throughout their lives, as someone who is very closely attached to the immediate family I wish to just confirm that in fact George is not buried in Springwood Cemetary so I do not know which grave this person is talking about. Also with regard to the compensation, again take it from me that no family member has received one penny in compensation, this includes his daughter and because of legal fees no one is likely to receive anything!!!

Another fact which should be pointed out which I do not think many people are aware of is do people realise that George Skelly was in fact a researcher for Mr. Shortall before he went on to write his book. There are many many discrepancies which have been written on this site which have upset and angered certain family members, in particular with relation to the matter of compensation, and buriel site. If you are not 100% certain what you are talking about then do not make assumptions about family members of George Kelly, because none of you realise what implications his death had on the Kelly Family.

What a load of cr*p! George Kelly is indeed buried in Springwood Cemetary grave number 554. If you check the press cuttings(of which I will try and dig out later) it will also show you that his remains were re-interred in Springwood (Otherwise known as Allerton Cemetery). I can also give you a name and a telephone number to speak with the cemetery researcher to confirm it if you so wish.

Then there is Shortall. Wrong again! George Skelly was no way ever a researcher for Shortall. It so happened that Shortall approached Skelly with a view to co-writing a book. Shortall got what he wanted and split from the collaboration to write his own book, which if you were a family member, will know that it was factually wrong and relaesed AFTER George Skelly's work!

Kathleen Hughes allegedly did receive a large amount of money and reportedly/allegedly bought a big house from the proceeds.

We do not profess to know everything about the Kelly family as you state, we don't really care about the Kelly family either, but we do know an awful lot about the Cameo case and what went on. We also know how much time and dedication both George Skelly and Lou Santangeli put in that culminated in the quashing of George Kellys conviction. Not one of the Kelly familly thanked either men at the conclusion.

Nice ploy to throw us off the trail Jess. Didnt work I'm afraid. That grave most certaily is George Kellys and is in a most sorry state. Maybe with you being so closely attached to the family, you can do something about it?
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 08-17-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Here you are Jess. Read and digest.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4854332.stm

Dont make me out to be a liar, I have done my homework my friend. You should be ashamed.

I suppose I concocted the floral name placard on the grave that says faintly, but clearly readable GEORGE KELLY??
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 04-26-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

It seems, Jess that you have indeed been rumbled.

Blog Entries

The Kelly family cared so much for the people who helped to clear his name that they locked me and George Skelly out of the Cathedral, with security men on the door. There was only two of us and we had to stay in the cold wind and rain.
    He is indeed buried in Allerton Cemetery.(Springwood Cemetery)
    Last edited by captain kong; 04-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Jess,
    if you are as close to the Kelly family as you say you are, you must know - when you say nobody has received a penny - that Kelly's daughter at the conclusion of the succesful Appeal, requested, through her barrister, to be reimbursed immediately, a sum of approximately ?200 to cover her rail fare to London and accommodation costs. This can be verified if you read the full official Appeal judgment on the Website, which I'm sure Famous Scouser, through his so-far brilliant research, will undoubtedly direct you to.
    I think, if it was my father who had been finally cleared of murder after 50 years,I fiirst of all would have thanked those responsible, one of whom was actually in the Court, and then willingly have walked back to Liverpool with overwhelming gratitude and joy in my heart.

And for what it's worth imho there's nothing wrong with the death penalty as long as you get the right person. Don't blame the result Paddy, blame how you reached the result. Get that important bit right and everything's fine.

There are/were people like the Wests, Shipman, Sutcliffe, Bamber, Brady, Hindley, Huntley, Ryan, Neilsen who should never have drew another breath or enjoyed the air the universe affords us.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

wow... isn't this whole thing about a man who died for no other reason except for the fact he was poor. An easy target. It's not about who knows more, who knows less, or who got money. What happened to George and Charles was an affront on all of us.

When we stand back and allow those things to get in the way of the story and what should be remembered, we lose. They lose. We must learn from our history. George Kelly died because due process was denied. His rights to a civil and fair trial were denied.

There is a movie being made, the screenplay is almost done, and the film will give George and Charles the trial they never got. Trust me. Anyone who played a part in clearing their name will be remembered.

They just didn't fight for George Kelly, they fought for every person who was ever denied their basic inalieable human rights.

Last edited by Famous Scouser; 07-04-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Canadian Lad, what you say is so true. I couldn't agree more.
    But we must show our disapproval if certain people are not interested in justice and a fair trial or a wrong excecution, but simply filthy lucre.
    Interesting news about the movie. Seems you have inside info on this. Is it George Skelly's long-awaited film of his book, The Cameo Conspiracy?

Last edited by Famous Scouser; 07-04-2009 at 06:08 PM.

yup, based on his book with additional research.. but basd on "The Cameo Conspiracy".. Colin McKeown and Julia Stannard are producing...

I think this is the ongoing project for which George Skelly is still wrinting the screenplay. I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 05-02-2009 at 08:58 AM.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast