Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

anyone know the exact address of the Cameo, was it above (north of) the Garrick Street split, cause in the book they say he went south towards Smithdown street.. but in one of the pick it shows Garrrick street to what looks like the left.. any help?

A good friend, my street directory, has informed me that it was addressed at Webster Road, next door to 92. The cinema didn't have a number because it was a converted church and churches were never numbered. It was on the corner of Bird Street.
    Last edited by Ged; 04-16-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

you're the best, thank you

Blog Entries

Emma, knowing that George's father, James Skelly, was a friend of the wrongfully convicted and hanged George Kelly, I am sure that the film portrayal will help to set the record right about what happened at the Cameo theatre and in the aftermath.

Best regards

Chris

James Skelly was George`s eldest brother, not his father, who was with George Kelly on the day of the murders.
    cheers.
    Kong.

Since Yo Liverpool has recently been "modernised", I cant access it from my Google list. Anyone any answers as to how to quickly access it?

Kong, do you mean that Skelly's father and not his brother was with Kelly on the day of the murder? That puts the whole defence/alibi in tatters!
    According to the book Jimmy Skelly was supposed to have been with Kelly all day and part of the night, not Skelly's dad, whose name was Johnnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryboy View Post
    Since Yo Liverpool has recently been "modernised", I cant access it from my Google list. Anyone any answers as to how to quickly access it?
    Once you're clicked on it, right click and save a short cut to your desk top.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

and I'm sure if Colin Mckeown is doing the film it'll be great..

Blog Entries

James Skelly was George`s eldest brother, not his father, who was with George Kelly on the day of the murders.
    cheers.
    Kong.

HarryBoy
    Please read AGAIN.

Jimmy Skelly was Georges ELDER BROTHER, NOT HIS FATHER.
    He was with George Kelly on the day of the murders.

Do I make myself clear????@???

Sorry Kong, but you need to check your English grammar. Your misplacement of the commas, makes it read that Skelly's father was with him on the day!

Thanks for the tip Ged.

Blog Entries

Harry,
    I think anyone of intelligence could understand what I said about that.

If you can read all my posts on this subject I think you will find that I know more about the Cameo Murders than you could ever ever know.
    Kong

Blog Entries

Woah Kong, chill man. Harry wasn't insulting your intelligence or your knowledge of the Cameo Murders... he was simply saying that when you typed up this bit:

It reads as if you mean that his father was with him on the day of the murders. You do not, of course but your placement of commas and general syntax make this a confusing statement.

What you meant to say was;

"James Skelly was with George on the day of the murders, he was George's eldest brother, not his father."

Harry was just being a bit of a grammar pedant.

Blog Entries

Thanks for that Fortinian,
    Some of us did not have the advantage of an education. There was a war on, there was the Blitz, most of us never went to school, I didnt learn to read and write until I was ten years old. But I do have a Masters for all that.
    I educated myself.

A Masters in what, Kong? Which university?
    You say you know more about the Cameo case than i will ever know.
    Would you say you know more than Mr Skelly, who - as I've mentioned in an earlier post - I met several days ago in Wirral and who I spent quite a while with discussing the Cameo case?
    There is a best-selling book called, I think EATS, SHOOTS & LEAVES, which explains how the wrong use of punctuation can drastically alter what you are trying to say. That's all I was saying. And, Fortinian, that is not being a grammar pedant. That is championing the correct and unambiguous Use Of English. And by the way Kong, I left primary school at the age of 15. I even failed my 11+. So you are in good company!

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast