Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Blog Entries

Tess, just bin Shortall`s book, George Skelly`s book is the nearest you will ever get to the true Story. I know as I was involved in a small way and Charles Connolly was a friend as well.

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    Tess, just bin Shortall`s book, George Skelly`s book is the nearest you will ever get to the true Story. I know as I was involved in a small way and Charles Connolly was a friend as well.
    ...................is right.

SINCE MY LAST POST, WHAT STRANGE SILENCES FROM THOSE VERY INQUISITIVE AND INTERESTED CONTRIBUTORS - "TESS" AND "CANADIAN LAD"!
    MAKES YOU WONDER IF TESS WAS REALLY A "SHE" AND IF THE "LAD" - WHO WAS SO KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE CAMEO MOVIE - WAS REALLY A CANADIAN?!

Blog Entries

Harryboy steady on old chap. You may have been vindicated but gloating is not very nice.

How have I been vindicated Fortinian? What do I need to be vindicated about?
    And who's gloating? Not me. I'm just curious. Wasn't the observation I made legitimate? I think it was. Can't understand your comment/objection.

Blog Entries

I don't want to make an enemy... there is just something very offputting about a post laid out entirely in CAPS, makes it sound like you are shouting.

The tone of your post was triumphant sarcasm - you clearly have your suspicions of 'Tess' and 'Canadian Lad' as sockpuppets and because they haven't replied it is as if you are congratulating yourself as 'outing them', hence the vindication and gloating.

I have no problem with your observation, in fact it may be my own acceptance of your observation that led me to read the post the way I did.

This is of course just me reading between the lines and if you don't want me to do that then stop writing so much there.

Peace Harry, x

I never realised using capital letters was so sinister! Actually the caps were purely accidental, I meant to use lower case bold.
    You can read between the lines as much as you want Fortinian. It don't bother me. Although I have to say, there's a thin borderline between subjectively "reading between the lines" and making wild assumptions - which you seem to be doing here. God forbid! Surely a liberal-minded person like yourself is not trying to stifle free expression on this thread?!
    With all due respect, perhaps you are the one who needs to "steady on"?

Blog Entries

... you may be right. I think it was the caps that annoyed me most, some forums i'm on aren't a civil as this one and it is severely frowned upon to use CAPS.

Default Why the unpleasant tone?

Harryboy!

"Strange silences"????

I just happen to have been away on holiday and not using a computer! For the same reason, I haven't yet finished re-reading either book.

I have absolutely no agenda here so I don't know what "outing" me could refer to?? Outing me as what, for heaven's sake? I know nobody involved in this case, no Skelly or Kelly, no Gorman or Heilbron, no O'Malley or Balmer, no Connolly or Johnson, and no friends or relatives of any of them.......as far as i know. I have absolutely no axe to grind.

I don't really want to be referred to as a "sockpuppet" and nor do I want to be involved in any unpleasant exchanges about this, or anything else. Not my aim at all. I just got interested in a famous local case, that's all.

I agree that calling Jimmy Skelly would seem to have been the obvious thing to do but I can't read Heilbron's mind as to why she didn't.

Anyway, I'm perfectly happy just to read stuff myself without any discussion at all on this site if it means childish insults being traded. I thought this was a forum for adults interested in particular local issues, some with possibly more direct knowledge than I could access through the main books.

Simples!

Sad that that isn't the case, but one lives and learns!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tess View Post
    Simples!
    Brilliant, first time i've seen thing being used on a message board. I think this is one of those phrases that could stick in the English language! Woo!

Default We meerkats....

.........are NOT just sockpuppets, of course....

Hello folks, I'm new here. But I've got a question for all you Cameo experts.
    How come used copies of The Cameo Conspiracy are priced up to ?94.00 on Amazon, when there are brand new copies on Ebay for ?10 - and apparently signed by the author?!!

Default no Skelly to the stand

read between the lines, these guys were going down one way or another, and if Skelly got one or both of the men off, the prosecution was well on their way on trying to blame the next innocent man in the chain. Skelly graddually started being implemented in the Cameo murder while being tried on the stand during the discovery and first trial. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    .....Is right. Heilbron didnt even call Jimmy Skelly to give evidence at the 2nd trial. I think Rose Heilbron had too much on her plate having given birth to a daughter in the same year that the Cameo killings occurred. Perhaps she was too much pre-occupied trying to balance motherhood with a career to do a proper job. I dont want that to sound demeaning to mothers and the fantastic job that they do, but in my opinion, its one or the other especially when so young.

Canadian Lad, it seems pretty vague what you are trying to say here. Who would be the next innocent men to be prosecuted? If Skelly's evidence had been believed surely BOTH men would have got off.
    When you say "the stand" do you mean the witness box? And how was Skelly on trial? I Dont understand.
    And, Underworld, what does he mean by "Check it out"? And what is it that YOu have checked out? This correspondence is all quite confusing!

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast