Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Harryboy, I suggest that you read this entire thread before making stupid posts like that. You might learn something about Capt. Kong and his personal involvement in the case. I think it is rude to correct what people write too. Ask for clarification by all means but don't bring your superior attitude here.
    When the smoke has cleared and the bullets cease.another soldier rests in peace. The politicians who caused the fight, rest at home no danger in sight

Gentlemen, please...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    Harryboy, I suggest that you read this entire thread before making stupid posts like that. You might learn something about Capt. Kong and his personal involvement in the case. I think it is rude to correct what people write too. Ask for clarification by all means but don't bring your superior attitude here.

Bernie, if you read he thread you will see that i did in fact ask for clarification. but all i got in return was insult. then Fortinian had to explain matters on my behalf. I am aware of Kongs involvement in the case, thats why i was puzzled as to what he said and the way he said it. I am however also aware of Mr Skelly's greater involvement in the case, and he is the one I was talking to. If you read the previous posts again, you will realise that I was not the one trying to be superior. As for correcting people, that is even more neccessary these days. The widespread illiteracy among school pupils today, is precisely because the teachers fail to telll them when they are wrong. If we are wrong and nobody corrects us, how are we ever going to learn?

If anyone has any doubts about the so called family of George Kelly and there continuing pursuit of compensation, then they should take themselves to Springwood Cemetery to see his grave. George Kelly's body was exhumed from underneath the car park of Walton Prison in 2006 and re interred at Springwood. The grave is a disgrace, covered in dirty red and white plastic flowers with the original floral plastic placard tribute, litter, leaves and lord knows what else. I doubt whether its ever been tendered since the day he was placed there. There is a cheap bamboo border surround around the grave, and bearing in mind it was 3 years ago, there is No gravestone. Thats how much his family care, including his "daughter".
    Over to you Emma Gill!
    Last edited by Famous Scouser; 08-17-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Blog Entries

You have a very good point there Famous Scouser. Perhaps a news story out of it would shame them into doing something. I'm sure the Echo would love another oportunity to fill pages with Cameo related stuff - any murders/crimes are big sellers.

You want to see the state of it mate, its a disgrace and anyone with an ounce of compassion would have felt like I did about this mans treatment and lack of dignity in life and death. I wonder what the point of the exhumation was.

Blog Entries

The point of the exhumation was to get the sympathy of everyone for someone who never ever knew George Kelly.

Correct. ka-ching!

And here is the said grave. Note the plastic floral tribute placard as you can barely make his details out. This is the only thing that identifies his remains apart from the grave plan that the cemetery has. He was re - interred at Springwood in March 2006.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cameo, Cranbourne graves 002.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	10117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cameo, Cranbourne graves 003.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	10118  

Do you mean the daughter, Kong?
    If I remember correctly, George Skelly in his book states that even before Kelly was cleared by the Appeal Court in 2003, he (Skelly)was negotiating with the Home Office on behalf of Kelly's relatives (daughter?) to have his remains removed to consecrated ground, but the relatives loused it up.
    Given that he wasn't even invited to the funeral, and now the latest sad news from famous Scouser about the state of the grave without a headstone, I'll bet Skelly is wondering why he ever bothered.

By the look of the blank "sympathy" card on the grave, it looks as if nobody could even be bothered to put Kelly's name on it!
    Your right Scouser. What a shocking lack of dignity for a man who was so cruelly treated by the State!

Default Fight goes on!

I feel that this thread has digressed a little. However the observation on the distant relatives and the seemingly neglectfulness of them to his memory, does tell us something. However we might like to ask ourselves why so many people have an interest in the case? I know some people like crime stories and others like to know about the darker side of Liverpool history, and there are those who wish just to know the facts. Well there are also quite a lot of Liverpool people who see the violation of human rights in this topic. The Kelly case is a reminder that capital punishment as a final and ultimate sanction is open to abuse. Since Obama came into power in America twenty death row inmates have been executed. Did you know that? Let?s suppose that one of these inmates was innocent. Then you must also agree that that is one two many. My interest in the case as I have already stated springs from the fact that ordinary working class people in Liverpool always doubted the guilt of Kelly. Some on here have decried the reality of an oral tradition amongst scousers perhaps they themselves are not scousers. If the fate of Kelly had not been held within the hearts of ordinary people he most likely would never have been reprieved. What makes 28 thousand people turn out for a memorial service at Anfield? Might I suggest a sense of injustice? I am against capital punishment for many reasons and one important reason is this case.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Sorry Paddy,
    but wrong again! most ordinary Liverpool people did NOT believe in Kelly's innocence for 50-odd years until Skelly's book and Santangeli's investigations, which proved his innocence in the Court of appeal. They didn't believe kelly was innocent mainly because of Connolly's admission - admittedly made under duress -that he robbed the Cameo, "With George Kelly and persons Unknown".
    Famous Scouser and others here are not talking about the neglect of "distant relatives", but 2 nephews and a so-called daughter!
    As for digressing. What has Obama and recent American executions got to do with a Liverpool hanging of an innocent man 59 years ago. For all we know - until you can prove otherwise, as Kelly has been - they may have all been guilty.
    Also, the 28,000 were at Anfield primarily to pay their respects to 96 people, among them their relatives, who were unfortunately killed at a football match. Again, sad as that was, where is the connection?
    As for non-scousers refuting the Liverpool "oral tradition". Please count me out.I was born and bred in Liverpool.
    I think we should all be congratulating Famous Scouser for what he has uncovered about this matter.

And by the way Kelly was not "reprieved". He was exonerated from the crime by the highest court in the land. not through the "hearts of ordinary Liverpool people" but through the actions of only two determined ordinary Liverpool men, Skelly and Santangeli. If we were to go by Liverpool "alehouse talk" and local gossip, Kelly would still be lying under a car park at Walton prison, stigmatised forever as a ruthless killer.

Default Roll up Roll up

Your verbose reply and rancor shows you take umbrage with me on my position. Are you Mr. Skelly?s agent or PR MAN? The issue is not who is who in this murky business, rather why it happened and why it should not happen again. You plainly show in your answer that you are not against the death penalty so any debate on the core problem is worthless. Regards the demonstration of Liverpool fans the sentiments of ordinary people you seem to see as meaningless. If you were promoting a book on the Hillsborough disaster would you feel the same way? I think your campaign for Skelly will hinder rather than help. If you were born and bred in the city how come your not clued up on these matters?

Out of respect for the memory of George I think this will be my last input.
    Last edited by Paddy; 04-25-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast