Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Default George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Hi

My name's Emma Gill and George Kelly's my late Great Uncle. He was my Grandma's brother. I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the case. I have just discovered this website and have read some of the members' comments regarding my Uncle Georgie. I am sure I can rely on the knowledge and warmth of all you scoucers with this most importantly if any of you know of any details of the case being made into a film etc.

There is an awful lot that I do know, privately within my family and I wish sometimes it were known publicly of the mental torment and heartbreak endured to my great grandparents and grandparents and great uncles during the trial and after Uncle Georgie's execution. To this day we still carry the scars and heartache in many different ways.

I know there is still a lot of interest in the Cameo Cinema Murder in Liverpool. I don't live in the City but am up there regularly and follow the Mighty Reds all the time. Fingers crossed with Barca next month!!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any thoughts.

All the best.

Emma Gill

A little bit before my time, but I read the book a few years ago by Barry Shortall.

Very interesting imho.
    A small belief can mean you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by emmagill View Post
    Hi

My name's Emma Gill and George Kelly's my late Great Uncle. He was my Grandma's brother. I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the case. I have just discovered this website and have read some of the members' comments regarding my Uncle Georgie. I am sure I can rely on the knowledge and warmth of all you scoucers with this most importantly if any of you know of any details of the case being made into a film etc.

There is an awful lot that I do know, privately within my family and I wish sometimes it were known publicly of the mental torment and heartbreak endured to my great grandparents and grandparents and great uncles during the trial and after Uncle Georgie's execution. To this day we still carry the scars and heartache in many different ways.

I know there is still a lot of interest in the Cameo Cinema Murder in Liverpool. I don't live in the City but am up there regularly and follow the Mighty Reds all the time. Fingers crossed with Barca next month!!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any thoughts.

All the best.

Emma Gill
    Perhaps if you approach Tom Slemen and ask him you may get a few leads

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein View Post
    Perhaps if you approach Tom Slemen and ask him you may get a few leads
    I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    George Skely, author of The Cameo Conspiracy is the man to contact, he's even been kind enough to post how to get in touch with him here.

Hi all

I received an email recently from George Skelly, author the Cameo Conspiracy, telling me that the screenplay of his version of the Cameo story is now with movie producers, and the film's development is going ahead.

Emma, knowing that George's father, James Skelly, was a friend of the wrongfully convicted and hanged George Kelly, I am sure that the film portrayal will help to set the record right about what happened at the Cameo theatre and in the aftermath.

Best regards

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Not entirely Phil, Tom also investigates local crime and murders - he has covered Madge Kirby murder,The Cameo and is currently ( Hes been writing it for aggggeeeeessssssss) as book about a new Ripper Suspect

Hi all

I received the following email from George Skelly who corrects me on a couple of points in my last post.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your email and for explaining matters on Yo Liverpool website.

A few "amendments" which I don't mind you putting on the site :-

(a)I no longer live at Portland Court so correspondent ("PhilipG"?) has got it wrong!

(b)Mr Slemen, to my knowledge has not done any research on the Cameo Murders nor published any new or original material or book. He has simply regurgitated, in local press articles, the material I, and Shortall, uncovered. Indeed in a magazine article ("Taxi Talk") a few years ago, he actually maintained that Kelly was the Cameo killer!

(c)Sorry Chris, but James Skelly was not my father, he was my eldest brother by 18 years!

Hope you are well - carry on with the poetry - it's very good.

Kind Regards,

George.
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

I received the following email from George Skelly who corrects me on a couple of points in my last post.

Chris

Hi Chris,

(a)I no longer live at Portland Court so correspondent ("PhilipG"?) has got it wrong!

(b)Mr Slemen, to my knowledge has not done any research on the Cameo Murders nor published any new or original material or book. He has simply regurgitated, in local press articles, the material I, and Shortall, uncovered. Indeed in a magazine article ("Taxi Talk") a few years ago, he actually maintained that Kelly was the Cameo killer!

(c)Sorry Chris, but James Skelly was not my father, he was my eldest brother by 18 years!

Kind Regards,

George.

Not me George!

I haven't heard of Portland Court (or you, for that matter).

Do please check what you're saying when you're naming somebody.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-21-2007 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

Chris

Hi Chris,

Kind Regards,

George.
    Not me George!

I never said that Tom Slemen had published anything regarding the cameo murders,or did i say that Tom maintained that the murderer was Kelly - all i said was ask Tom Slemen he might have a few points for you to the poster of this thread.
    I have been a member of Toms forum and i know that he use to have a large Murder and local crime section on his forum and that the Cameo murders was disscussed heavily on one thread - just trying to point in a friendly direction to the poster as i know that the people that visit Toms site and Tom himself have a vast knowledge of local issues far reaching than any published book.

PhilipG

All I've said on this thread is the following:

Quote:
    "I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published."

I've never heard of George Skelly, and have no idea why he mentioned my name.

But haven't I already said that?

All I've said on this thread is the following:

Quote:
    "I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published."

I've never heard of George Skelly, and have no idea why he mentioned my name.

But haven't I already said that?
    Hello Philip and Emmanuel

Sorry for the mixup, guys. It was in fact SteH who gave a link to an old message on icLiverpool giving contact information for George Skelly, author of The Cameo Conspiracy, but George says the information is not current. It so happened that you, Philip G, were quoted in the same post of SteH's which led to the mixup. George is unfamiliar with this forum and it was an honest mistake, sorry! Anyway, George has sent the following. We do note, Philip, that you also had said, "I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove. Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published." Absolutely true. Emmanuel, granted that Tom Slemen has a forum on which crime history has been discussed. George Skelly simply wishes to point out that Mr Slemen is not an expert on the Cameo case.

Chris,

not being a member of your forum I would be grateful if you could post this email.

It seems I have upset your correspondent "PhilipG". On closer scrutiny the remarks which I attributed to him, to which I made my "amendments", were by "Emmanuel Goldstein" and "StephH".

"PhilipG", however, states that I should check before "naming" people. In my defence may I point out that when I mentioned his "name" it was not his full name (which I do not know) and is, I presume, either an abbreviation or a pseudonym. Secondly, I did put a question mark after his "name" to indicate that I was asking if it was he. Quite different from "naming" somebody as such.

As for Mr Slemen, of whom one of your correspondents asserts has much more local knowledge than that contained in a published book - that may apply in general to many people. I don't profess to be knowledgeable in the least about ghosts or the supernatural (mainly because I do not believe in either). I do however feel that your correspondent should appreciate that the "published book",
    The Cameo Conspiracy, was the result of at least 40 years intimate knowledge and ongoing research.

Kind regards,

George Skelly
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

PhilipG

Ironically, what I was implying was that either of the two books would be a better source of information than Tom Slemen on the Cameo case.
    But I didn't know the names of the authors.
    But I'm less inclined to read them now that I know one of the authors throws names about without checking his facts.
    It's no excuse to say he put in a question mark and assumes that "PhilipG" is some sort of alias.
    George Skelly says he doesn't know my full name, but a lot of people on this forum do, and if Mr Skelly had known my full name I suspect he would have used it.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-21-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Dearest George

You say in your mail posted here through a third party

"As for Mr Slemen, of whom one of your correspondents asserts has much more local knowledge than that contained in a published book - that may apply in general to many people. I don't profess to be knowledgeable in the least about ghosts or the supernatural (mainly because I do not believe in either). I do however feel that your correspondent should appreciate that the "published book", The Cameo Conspiracy, was the result of at least 40 years intimate knowledge and ongoing research."

I really wish you would read my posts and understand them before spouting stuff through a third party..as i did not say the things you are pertaining in your mail!

I said....

" just trying to point in a friendly direction to the poster as i know that the people that visit Toms site and Tom himself have a vast knowledge of local issues far reaching than any published book."

so george as you can see all i said was that THE PEOPLE that visit toms site and TOM himself have a vast knowledge of LOCAL ISSUES far reaching than ANY published book.....perhaps you can see now the word ANY published book,and the words LOCAL ISSUES so please stop fretting as i never singled your book out,please get a grip of your paranoia.

Hopefully Emma Gill will be able to gleam some local information that she is looking for from either this site or Toms site..after all i didnt know that there was a Monopoly on the cameo case or knowledge of the case.

Someone on here raises an interesting point and I'd like to expand on it with a question -

Can anyone provide an example of Mr. Slemen discovering any unique, verifiable and substantial information about any of the criminal cases which he has "investigated" which cannot be otherwise ascertained via any pre-existing published material ?

AP

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast