Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default George Kelly Cameo Cinema Murder

Hi

My name's Emma Gill and George Kelly's my late Great Uncle. He was my Grandma's brother. I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the case. I have just discovered this website and have read some of the members' comments regarding my Uncle Georgie. I am sure I can rely on the knowledge and warmth of all you scoucers with this most importantly if any of you know of any details of the case being made into a film etc.

There is an awful lot that I do know, privately within my family and I wish sometimes it were known publicly of the mental torment and heartbreak endured to my great grandparents and grandparents and great uncles during the trial and after Uncle Georgie's execution. To this day we still carry the scars and heartache in many different ways.

I know there is still a lot of interest in the Cameo Cinema Murder in Liverpool. I don't live in the City but am up there regularly and follow the Mighty Reds all the time. Fingers crossed with Barca next month!!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any thoughts.

All the best.

Emma Gill

A little bit before my time, but I read the book a few years ago by Barry Shortall.

Very interesting imho.
    A small belief can mean you'll never walk alone

Quote Originally Posted by emmagill View Post
    Hi

My name's Emma Gill and George Kelly's my late Great Uncle. He was my Grandma's brother. I am doing a lot of research at the moment into the case. I have just discovered this website and have read some of the members' comments regarding my Uncle Georgie. I am sure I can rely on the knowledge and warmth of all you scoucers with this most importantly if any of you know of any details of the case being made into a film etc.

There is an awful lot that I do know, privately within my family and I wish sometimes it were known publicly of the mental torment and heartbreak endured to my great grandparents and grandparents and great uncles during the trial and after Uncle Georgie's execution. To this day we still carry the scars and heartache in many different ways.

I know there is still a lot of interest in the Cameo Cinema Murder in Liverpool. I don't live in the City but am up there regularly and follow the Mighty Reds all the time. Fingers crossed with Barca next month!!

I look forward to hearing from anyone who has any thoughts.

All the best.

Emma Gill
    Perhaps if you approach Tom Slemen and ask him you may get a few leads

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein View Post
    Perhaps if you approach Tom Slemen and ask him you may get a few leads
    I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    I thought Tom Slemen was involved with myths and legends that are hard to prove.
    Whereas the Cameo Murders really did happen and 2 books have been published.
    George Skely, author of The Cameo Conspiracy is the man to contact, he's even been kind enough to post how to get in touch with him here.

Hi all

I received an email recently from George Skelly, author the Cameo Conspiracy, telling me that the screenplay of his version of the Cameo story is now with movie producers, and the film's development is going ahead.

Emma, knowing that George's father, James Skelly, was a friend of the wrongfully convicted and hanged George Kelly, I am sure that the film portrayal will help to set the record right about what happened at the Cameo theatre and in the aftermath.

Best regards

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

I received an email recently from George Skelly, author the Cameo Conspiracy, telling me that the screenplay of his version of the Cameo story is now with movie producers, and the film's development is going ahead.

Emma, knowing that George's father, James Skelly, was a friend of the wrongfully convicted and hanged George Kelly, I am sure that the film portrayal will help to set the record right about what happened at the Cameo theatre and in the aftermath.

Best regards

Chris
    Yes you're right, I heard a production is now in full gear... finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianLad View Post
    Yes you're right, I heard a production is now in full gear... finally!!!
    No. No production in full gear at all. George Skelly hasnt finished the screenplay yet.

I was introduced to Mr Skelly at a reception on the Wirral last week. We had a fascinating talk. He told me he is working all hours of the night on completing his book on the Cranborne Road murder, and simultaneously completing his screenplay of The Cameo Conspiracy. And, at the same time is involved in a lengthy legal process on another miscarriage of justice. When asked by a colleague how he found the time, he just replied, "With great difficulty". I'll bet!

What a guy!

sorry, just heard producer Colin McKeown was producing a film about it... looking forward to George's film.

anyone know the exact address of the Cameo, was it above (north of) the Garrick Street split, cause in the book they say he went south towards Smithdown street.. but in one of the pick it shows Garrrick street to what looks like the left.. any help?

A good friend, my street directory, has informed me that it was addressed at Webster Road, next door to 92. The cinema didn't have a number because it was a converted church and churches were never numbered. It was on the corner of Bird Street.
    Last edited by Ged; 04-16-2009 at 10:06 AM.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

you're the best, thank you

Blog Entries

Best regards

Chris

James Skelly was George`s eldest brother, not his father, who was with George Kelly on the day of the murders.
    cheers.
    Kong.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast