Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What school did you go to?

Thumbs up

Hiya
    Webster Road till 1964 then Brookfield Comp in Kirkby till 1969
    Very fond memorys of Webster Rd with Mr.Bradley class teacher on 2 occasions.
    One day a week going on the corpy bus to Calderstones Park for our afternoon sports.
    Also remember the swimming pool getting built in the basement.
    Sign of getting old this is, have to keep popping the pills.

Blog Entries

I only went to Webster Rd School for about a year when I was 5 so I can,t remember much about it
    I went & had a look today but it has been knocked down

Mandy
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Yep Webster Road was knocked down about 5 years ago or a bit less.
    My daughter went there for a short time.
    I have seen such a change the area since I lived there.

My old school. It's had so many names; I think it was originally called 'Anfield Girls school', then in later years, when my mum went there, the name was changed to 'Stanley park secondary school ' it was an all girls school but at some point they moved the boys in.
    In the 1960s the boys were moved out and into a new building in Breckside Park. The boys school was Anfield Comprehensive'.

When I went to seniors it was girls only and called 'Stanley park Comprehensive'

After I'd left it was changed to 'Anfield Comp', then yet again another change to 'Priory Community school' (or something like that). They had moved the boys back in by then. They had demolished the boys' comp - for what reason it was demolished I don't know 'cos it was a good building with good facilities and nothing wrong with it.

Why couldn't they just leave it alone as Stanley Park ?? (which it was known as for the longest).
    That's not the end of it .. it is now known as the ' NORTH LIVERPOOL ACADEMY'
    I'm sure there isn't another school with so many name changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th_09AnfieldcompStanleyPark-1.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	2504  
    Last edited by lindylou; 04-27-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Just joined the forum so not sure how things work.

I went to King David's as a infant and then to Dovedale CP throughout the juniors. Ended up at Hillfoot Hey - leaving in the summer of 1976.

My youngest son went to St Margaret's and one of his teachers had been my teacher in Dovedale. I only found this out when the teacher reocognised me 30 years later at a parent/teacher evening.

Blog Entries

Hi and a warm welcome . Take your time - I' sure it all looks like a minefield at the moment..

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    My old school. It's had so many names; I think it was originally called 'Anfield Girls school', then in later years, when my mum went there, the name was changed to 'Stanley park secondary school ' it was an all girls school but at some point they moved the boys in.
    In the 1960s the boys were moved out and into a new building in Breckside Park. The boys school was Anfield Comprehensive'.

When I went to seniors it was girls only and called 'Stanley park Comprehensive'

After I'd left it was changed to 'Anfield Comp', then yet again another change to 'Priory Community school' (or something like that). They had moved the boys back in by then. They had demolished the boys' comp - for what reason it was demolished I don't know 'cos it was a good building with good facilities and nothing wrong with it.

Why couldn't they just leave it alone as Stanley Park ?? (which it was known as for the longest).
    That's not the end of it .. it is now known as the ' NORTH LIVERPOOL ACADEMY'
    I'm sure there isn't another school with so many name changes.

I understand its moving too the site of the old Breckfield school on Hamilton Road as well when that's rebuilt.

Yes, It should have been built ages ago but protesters have held up progress. In fact progress is the wrong word - it hasn't even begun.

Breckfield (the old John Hamilton) have been moved into the Priory rd school; both schools have been merged to form North Liverpool Academy. They should have been in a brand new state of the art building .. but instead the pupils & techers are struggling along in an over crowded, decaying and ill equipped school
    I was talking to one of the teachers last week who told me that some science lessons are restricted because of lack of space and facilities.

The protesters are stopping our local kids from having a good education in a new school.

Banks Road. I remember my first day. The song 'Little White Dove' seemed to be playing??
    Then St. Ambrose (Speke)
    Cardinal Newman (By the Fiveways) Yeah.. I passed the 11 plus and got a bus pass!

Quote Originally Posted by Tups View Post
    I started at Florence Melly, then we moved to Stoneycroft and went to Lister Drive primary, then Childwall Valley High.. sadly I don't think any of these school are still standing .. I know Childwall Valley is now a housing estate and I think Flo Smelly was rebuilt elsewhere.
    Happy to say I live around the corner from Florence Melly School. The original school was knocked down about two years ago but was rebuilt with a more modern design the same year keeping its original name

Steven

I went to St. Patrick's school for the totally bewildered in Park Road.

Did anyone out there go to Ranworth Square in Norris Green. I remember the year that it burned down, we could see it on fire from our bedroom window and i remember thinking great i wont have to go to school. I also went to Ellergreen Comp which i think was renamed Abbotsford Road.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Did anyone out there go to Ranworth Square in Norris Green. I remember the year that it burned down, we could see it on fire from our bedroom window and i remember thinking great i wont have to go to school. I also went to Ellergreen Comp which i think was renamed Abbotsford Road.

I had some good friends who went to Flo Melly, Jackie.

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I went to St. Patrick's school for the totally bewildered in Park Road.
    My dad went there(seniors, St Anthonys for the juniors)

so did my aunty and uncles.

Steven

We are probably all related. Most of us were from the King Gardens area.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast