Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What school did you go to?

I went to St Cleopas and have copies of all the registers giving birthdates aand middle names!! blackmail material. then onto Wellington Road (Welly) boys school. Then out into the school of life, Still learning !!!:

Hiya,
    I went to S.F.X infants and juniors, then onto St Gregs,they where the best years of my life, the 60s and 70s..........And the teachers where great too !!
    Jacky

Thumbs up Schhools

Hiya Everyone .
    I went to good old Tiber St , (I think it was Mr Bath who was head.) as did my dad , aunties uncles & cousins , & we all lived next door to each other in Tiber St , Then moved to Suddley Rd , actually on Aigburth Rd, Mr Curl was the head ,Then Quarry Bank Mr Pobjoy & Mr williams aka Waff ., Tesco's is now built on the school wing i started in , Moved house yet again ! & another school ! went to Formby High , detested it & Formby we all moved back to Liverpool yipee & i spent my last 2 yrs at Quarry Bank again , Harthill Rd , ( Calderstones) Still live in Liverpool , moved house 28 times , but all over Liverpool currently in Mossley Hill , gone all posh !!

brill website

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeous View Post
    Hiya Everyone .
    I went to good old Tiber St , (I think it was Mr Bath who was head.) as did my dad , aunties uncles & cousins , & we all lived next door to each other in Tiber St , Then moved to Suddley Rd , actually on Aigburth Rd, Mr Curl was the head ,Then Quarry Bank Mr Pobjoy & Mr williams aka Waff ., Tesco's is now built on the school wing i started in , Moved house yet again ! & another school ! went to Formby High , detested it & Formby we all moved back to Liverpool yipee & i spent my last 2 yrs at Quarry Bank again , Harthill Rd , ( Calderstones) Still live in Liverpool , moved house 28 times , but all over Liverpool currently in Mossley Hill , gone all posh !!

brill website
    Hi gorgeous
    Welcome
    what years did you go to Tiber St, I was there from about 1977-1980

Mandy
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Blog Entries

Hi gorgeous
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Hiya Mandy

Hiya Mandy ,
    God i was leaving secondary school as you where starting Tiber ,
    I loved the school though i'll always remember a Miss Stirk who played the guitar . & those big sliding doors connecting the classrooms ,We only lived a few doors away from the school , thought Tiber was a brilliant community ,

chippie

Default Any Huyton guys or gals out there.

Are there any classmates out there that went to Stockbridge Lane School. I was there for a short spell in 1962. I had my sister Barbara at the same school and a friend who,s name I can,t recall at the moment, I can recall my sister,s name of course.

chippie

Talking my first job from school

My first job from school was a television and electrical shop in Edge Lane. I would take the shutters down, yes even in 1967, clean the doorway and open up for business. I worked 6 and a half days a week including Saturdays, my favourite day when I,d be watching Doctor Who before I closed up shop to walk home to Desmond Street, off Breck Rd and Heyworth St. I got five pounds commission once for my part in selling a radiogramme. My part was locking the door until the customer bought the set

chippie

Default the aliens have landed

Does anybody remember the time when there was a mass phenomenon about aliens landing in Wavertree I think it was. there was a rumour going around many schools at the time that a vehicle had landed and that aliens had taken over a derelict house. It was in the local papers at the time. I went along one night for a look see and was convinced that I saw it, them, looking out from an upstairs window. There were hundreds of us schoolies around peering over at the house. What a buzz that was at the time

You,ll be miffed at seeing my fizzocg here three times in a row. But it,s all about community.

Hi Chippie,

I hope you can remember your sisters name,

You have just had me in bulk laughing at your next to last post,

Jacky

chippie

Default hello lady

Hello Lady, I was in bulk writing it and watching other people logging on
    I must be bored staying on for so long, mind you I haven,t taken my medication for awhile Have a good laugh lady, it clears yer chuckle muscle

Hi folks

I went to Quarry Bank High School (now part of Calderstones Comprehensive) in 1965-1967. The following pen and ink drawing with was done by me while in art class at the school. A pic I took more recently of the gateposts of Strawberry Fields is stuck in the right lower corner of the frame. I had previously posted this photograph in a Beatles thread but thought to post it here now.

While I went to the school, the headmaster was Mr W. E. Pobjoy who had been head while John Lennon went to the school in the Fifties (as most of you will know, the Beatles were originally called "The Quarrymen" and the group at that time contained John's mate Pete Shotton and other pals, before Paul and the others joined up). Mr Pobjoy was an unusual head for his day in opposing corporal punishment.

Chris

Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by chippie View Post
    Does anybody remember the time when there was a mass phenomenon about aliens landing in Wavertree I think it was. there was a rumour going around many schools at the time that a vehicle had landed and that aliens had taken over a derelict house. It was in the local papers at the time. I went along one night for a look see and was convinced that I saw it, them, looking out from an upstairs window. There were hundreds of us schoolies around peering over at the house. What a buzz that was at the time

You,ll be miffed at seeing my fizzocg here three times in a row. But it,s all about community.
    I believe one is still there in god's own land Chippie
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

chippie

Default God,s own land

No Ged, Max doesn,t live there anymore.

Only jocking Max, honest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeous View Post
    Hiya Mandy ,
    God i was leaving secondary school as you where starting Tiber ,
    I loved the school though i'll always remember a Miss Stirk who played the guitar . & those big sliding doors connecting the classrooms ,We only lived a few doors away from the school , thought Tiber was a brilliant community ,
    Hi Gorgeous
    Miss Stirk was still there when I went, she taught me to play the guitar although she was left handed & used to play the guitar upside down

Mandy
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,baffle them with bull

http://www.bmycharity.com/laurenrobinson please give generously to childrens cancer charity Clic sergent

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast