Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What school did you go to?

I went to Banks Road in Garston and then on to Hillfoot Hey (Mr Dunn then Mr Pomfret were heads ) Great school now demolished unfortunately.

John(Zappa)

Ranworth county primary (Loved it)
    Ellergreen comp (got to hate it)

Blog Entries

St Christophers - Speke
    Blessed John Almond - Garston.
    All Hallows - Speke.
    North-East Liverpool Tech.

Steven

Think I did this a long time ago. I went to St. Patrick's for the totally bewildered.

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Think I did this a long time ago. I went to St. Patrick's for the totally bewildered.
    Steven is that St Pats Park Road?

Me dad went there

also some other family members the Graleys

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Steven is that St Pats Park Road?

Me dad went there

also some other family members the Graleys
    It's not often yer wong 'our kid' but yer right again. St. Pat's School was just behind Park Road in Hyslop Street. I probably know yer dad.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenface View Post
    I went to St Pats' nursery, infants, Juniors then St Martins on Upper Hill Street and finally St John Almond in Garston.

Exactly my route also
    Do you remember Mr Burns (Headmaster) and Bob Nolan (teacher) St Martins
    He once told us each and everyone of you will either work on the Docks or at Camel Lairds.. Im Glad I proved how wrong he was.
    Only ones I can really remember from St John's is Mr Collinson ( Frolly) and the Infamous Sister Gertrude and Sister Anne..... Gertie was one of the most sadistic people I have had the misfortune to come across in my life. constantly walked around with a cane under her habit.
    She could use the cane better than Zoro could use his sword.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ap1shooter View Post
    Exactly my route also
    Do you remember Mr Burns (Headmaster) and Bob Nolan (teacher) St Martins
    He once told us each and everyone of you will either work on the Docks or at Camel Lairds.. Im Glad I proved how wrong he was.
    Only ones I can really remember from St John's is Mr Collinson ( Frolly) and the Infamous Sister Gertrude and Sister Anne..... Gertie was one of the most sadistic people I have had the misfortune to come across in my life. constantly walked around with a cane under her habit.
    She could use the cane better than Zoro could use his sword.

Five years behind me but spot on.
    Collinson was known as Collywobbles - really nice man who struggled to deal with the rougher kids.
    Gertie - my mum would never believe what a monster she was until my sister started work, as a nursery nurse, at the kids home Gertie also ran. Tales of violent abuse were common.
    How about Mr McGarvey (head - lovely man who saw good in everyone), Mr Galea (Maths - another sadistic *******), Miss Dunn (English), Mr Slattery )Science - hard but fair), Mrs Ahmed (Art - like a young Elisabeth Taylor).

Couple of people in my class who I remember and were from Garston. Michael Axworthy (great footballer - went to Man U then Everton but don't think he got past the youth teams), Michale Powney (another good footballer), Imelda Longhurst, Frances Fanning. Names beginning to fade now - boy I'm feeling old!

My mother worked in St. Johns for a short while,(10 years ago or more) she was shocked by the attitude of some of the staff and never liked it there. Mine you Notre ****(sic) in Everton was not much better!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Five years behind me but spot on.
    Collinson was known as Collywobbles - really nice man who struggled to deal with the rougher kids.
    Gertie - my mum would never believe what a monster she was until my sister started work, as a nursery nurse, at the kids home Gertie also ran. Tales of violent abuse were common.
    How about Mr McGarvey (head - lovely man who saw good in everyone), Mr Galea (Maths - another sadistic *******), Miss Dunn (English), Mr Slattery )Science - hard but fair), Mrs Ahmed (Art - like a young Elisabeth Taylor).

Couple of people in my class who I remember and were from Garston. Michael Axworthy (great footballer - went to Man U then Everton but don't think he got past the youth teams), Michale Powney (another good footballer), Imelda Longhurst, Frances Fanning. Names beginning to fade now - boy I'm feeling old!
    Oh yes I remember Miss Ahmed and
    Sam Mcguinness, Nice man, Sex Education lesson " To Make a baby Think of it as a Triangle...God on top..Man and woman each side, when all joined together Babies can be made" here endeth the lesson how things have changed Sam frequents St Bernadettes social every weekend

I was only at St Johns for a short time before I went out into the real world

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ap1shooter View Post
    Oh yes I remember Miss Ahmed and
    Sam Mcguinness, Nice man, Sex Education lesson " To Make a baby Think of it as a Triangle...God on top..Man and woman each side, when all joined together Babies can be made" here endeth the lesson how things have changed Sam frequents St Bernadettes social every weekend

I was only at St Johns for a short time before I went out into the real world
    Sex education - we had a monk come in and explain to us a process he'd obviously only read about in manuals!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Sex education - we had a monk come in and explain to us a process he'd obviously only read about in manuals!

Have often wondered if Mr Mcguinness had read some obscure manual on the subject himself
    Possibly the manual the monk left behind
    The girls had Gertie tell them so it would have been a greater mystery what she told them possibly some S&M thing
    Last edited by Ap1shooter; 12-10-2007 at 05:37 PM.

I started at Blessed Sacrement in Walton Vale,
    then i went to St.Bonaventures (name now changed) in cedar road, Walton Vale.
    But ended up at

i went to st cuthbert,s infant school, and st agnes secondary school broadgreen road, no longer there
    debbie

Default Best years of my life(joking)

1950-56 Corinthian Avenue
    1956-58 Walton Technical
    1958-61 John Hamilton Technical
    1961-66 Old Swan College
    Once a blue always a blue

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast