Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: What school did you go to?

Stocktonwood Primary - that of Paul and Mike McCartney fame and once Britain's most overcrowded leading to a bunch of pupils including the Macca's being moved to the Joseph Williams in Netherley.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Rice Lane infants,
    Rice Lane Juniors,
    Sherwoods lane(Fazackerlycomp) how do you spell it anyway?
    Oriel College, Oxford
    My brother was at Oriel in the 80's - Paul Fields.

Forefield Lane infants and juniors, Crosby, Waterloo Grammar- which I hated.
    Chester: a Virtual Stroll Around the Walls-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info

The Liverpool Gallery-
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/gallery/liverpool.html

The Chester Shop
    http://www.thechestershop.com

Chester & Liverpool Guided Walks
    http://www.chesterwalls.info/guidedwalks.html

I went to St Oswalds infants and juniors then I went to Highfield Comprehensive School on Queens Drive in the later part of the 80's.

Highfield can't have left much impression on people as I cannot find any facebook references to it

Default Ellergreen's berets

John (Zappa) you'd look funny in a beret - I think it was only the girls!!
    Tee hee. What great days!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Of The Timelords View Post
    Higher Side Comprehensive School.
    I went higherside too left in 81

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by folkiesue View Post
    John (Zappa) you'd look funny in a beret - I think it was only the girls!!
    Tee hee. What great days!
    Oh I don't knowHe doesn't look that bad in one!!

St Paschal Baylon Juniors childwall then Cardinal Godfrey in Breck Road.

Default Salad days of the old school yard!

I went to Garston C of E (Holman Rd/Horrocks Ave) Infants and Juniors before leaving in '77 to go to New Heys... Mr Howe was my Junior school head and Mrs Phillips (sp) was the Infant school head back then!

I never made it to New Heys though, 'cos we moved to Netherley during the summer and I went to Netherley (Community and) Comprehensive School - The Comp, to us plebs!... I was a 'B' block inmate at the Comp and had Barry Whitbread (ex-Runcorn and Altrincham player) as my PE teacher. Cracking guy - he played against Liverpool (Dalglish and co) at Anfield in the FA Cup and later emigrated to Canada to teach PE and footie over there. His son, Zack, later played for Liverpool!

Got away from the 'Pool when I was old enough, and drifted back over the years before returning home, North of the border and then ending up in Norn Iron some 14 years or so ago! I still visit now and again and catch up with my bessie mate, who lives in Woolton for a couple of bevvies when I'm back.

The pic is of myself and my eldest sister circa '74/'75 when we were both still pupils at C of E.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Me and Marion, Last C of E Pic.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	6075  
    Cheers,

alba

Alba gu brĂ th!

If you think your head is mashed, you wanna try being inside my head?!

St Oswalds
    Christ the King
    Cardinal Godfrey(which became Nugent)
    De La Salle

Default small world...

Quote Originally Posted by victorialush View Post
    I went to Bootle High School.
    i did too. but as i'm a few yrs older i went back when it was still called warwick bolam before it amalgamated with contess. i also used to live in litherland its where i hung about mostly when i was a wee thing of 18 - the lithie & clouds & follies (well i think thats what it was called hopfully i'm not getting its name mixed up with fallows..) it was a rock night on a thursday. it was funny we'd spend saturdays all dressed up in heels & lippie all glam for clouds. then on a thursday night we'd be all long skirts & denim shirts tied at the waist?? with little sandals i remember that tied up your leg. doing a whole rock/hippie chick kind of a vibe! a little before your time you'd have still been only in 1st/2nd yr seniors.

two of my husbands came from litherland...say no more!! i like to keep a low profile & avoid the exes at all costs!! of course its just dawned on me that i have spoken about them on here before. so i'd just like to point out that of those i mentioned only one was from liverpool the other is not (thank god!!) so yes this does mean in my post i did kind of miss out the tiny fact that there are 3 ex-mr shoequeens & not two. i didn't lie exactly just withheld a little information... will i be shunned now as the black widow?? what can i say it was a phase i was going through. god/fate stepped in - what can i do to stop this girl from going down that bl**dy aisle again?? i know i'll give her a child with special needs who'll need her care 24/7. seriously no time/energy to date nevermind choose wedding dresses. i could be a nun...if i was catholic. never say never (after all do share my birthday with lizzie taylor) but i can honestly (mean it this time) say hand on heart i feel i've had more than my fair share of wedding cake & confetti to last me a lifetime...or two!

i soooo have to apologise for the above it was soooo off topic!! once i start i can't stop obviously.

35 years on and I've got the same sinking feeling as I used to have getting on the bus in school uniform, doing a quick check to see who was going to take the piss out of me... I went to Stanfield (Merchants Girls juniors) and Merchants Girls. Ooo, there's posh. Hats, blazers an' all.
    Edit: and leafy suburbs of course.

Blog Entries

I went to Tiber St. from 1946 to 1952,Miss Bell was Headmistress and Mr Bath was head teacher. Miss Cribbin was one my teachers in junior school and Miss thomas was my first teacher in infant school (I had my first crush on her). Moved to Garston in 1952 in July,spent two weeks at Banks Rd.and then went to Gilmour Heath Rd. Was there from 1952 until the spring break in '57. Mr Simpson was Headmaster and Mr Norris was head teacher. Happy days!!
    BrianD

Quote Originally Posted by victorialush View Post
    I went to Bootle High School.
    I also used to go to Bootle High School and I also lived in Frederick Banting Close. The bass player of the chase the ace is my boyfriend??

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast