Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OLD SWAN/MILL LANE

Default OLD SWAN/MILL LANE

Hey

Does anyone live in this area? and could tell me a little bit about it? Im thinking of buying a property here and would like to know a bit more???

Thanks

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by bsnapool View Post
    Hey

Does anyone live in this area? and could tell me a little bit about it? Im thinking of buying a property here and would like to know a bit more???

Thanks
    Welcome.

I don't live in the area, but it's certainly changed in the last few years, so hopefully somebody whose living there now should be able to tell you.
    In the past there was a lot of Corporation tenements in that area, but I think they've all gone now.
    Visit some local pubs and ask around.
    Scousers are known for telling the truth (whether you want to hear it, or not). .

I used to live in Kensington, but often went into Old Swan. It's not that bad really, no more crime and scumbags than most parts of the city as far as I'm aware.

Scousers are known for telling the truth (whether you want to hear it, or not).
    I am one of these myself, but not lived in the area. Spoke to friends who live in the swan and said it was fine. But would be good to hear from an unbiast perspective of the area??

Anyone??

Gnomie

I live in Old Swan. I love it here. great for shopping and travel. good pubs . good schools. not too much trouble about. my missus has lived here all her life and im only from Childwall so its what we know.

I am a where of the swan centrally but not by rathbone road and mill lane, although when i have drove by this area it looks ok, i am just wondering what its like, the people, gangs etc etc

Would you klnow?

Gnomie

I live central and never really go up by Rathbone so i dont really know. you need to ask someone from that area.

But i would assume that the retail park at edge lane with its Mccdonalds, Bowling alley and Cinema would bring gangs of kids into the area. but how bad is it i just dont know sorry.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    im only from Childwall so its what we know.
    Childwall...now there's a dodgy place with some right characters

Old Swan Is evil.

It has a Tesco which Is good.

It Is not Godlike like Wavertree and Woolton though.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Gnomie

Old Swan is cool Max.

I used to live in Wavertree in Arnold Grove. but i moved because the Beatle bus was always there for George Harrisons house

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    Old Swan is cool Max.

I used to live in Wavertree in Arnold Grove. but i moved because the Beatle bus was always there for George Harrisons house
    I once had a friend who lived in Macketts Lane, Speke, and he said GH lived there.
    Would that be right?

Gnomie

Yes. he was born in the house in Arnold grove wavertree and moved to Speke when he was about 5.

Tony, I would think that the Magical Mystery tour bus is actually longer than Arnold Grove itself isn't it.

A little unadopted street isn't it and they all have to get out by the Picton Clock and traipse up there for photies

Gnomie

Thats it Ged. In the summer up to 6 buses a day.

MarkA

Default Old Swan/Mill Lane

On the whole, The Swan is fine apart from by the shops on Oakhill Road where gangs tend to congregate. I moved from Oak Hill Park off Broad Green Road in October 2005 which is a great place to live. I also used to live in Portelet Road towards the Derby Lane end, that along with Guernsey Road is ok. Mill Lane itself is ok but go in a little towards Northway Parade shops and it can be bad news as there's been a stabbing and shooting within the last year. If you're going to live anywhere around Mill Lane then around Olive Grove is good. My sister lives in Thorley Close and it's nice and quiet around there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast