Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Garston Memories

The Red Lion was the first pub I had a drink in! Underage! and just came out of the saturday night dance at the Garston Baths! and celebrating with a mate who had joined the Navy as a 'boy' so we had to have rum! fatal mistake!! that was in 1949, and I still remember the 'hangover'!!!

PS. I maybe wrong, but I think Kev's Mum worked in the Pallatine!
    Last edited by Norm NZ; 12-01-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added PS.

I must say that I find shytalks remarks a little bit offensive, the person who wrote the article has obviously got a lot of happy memories of Garston. I am sure he hasnt documented dates of all his memories !!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Hi there, my Mum used to tell me stories of Yarbo, and how frightened of him she used to be. haha. xx Poor man probably wondered why he was so scary !

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Hi there, that 1st house in Brunswick Street is now occupied by my Husbands Aunty and Uncle. They have lived there for a very long time now. It is the largest house on Brunswick St.

Really enjoyed reading, "Garston Memories" what a memory the writer has.
    Well done
    Bill

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345