Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavern

I worked in the Cavern (The New one!) in 1989, It was where I met my hubby! He used to come in at the weekends and HAUNT me! Heh! Heh! I know it wasnt anythin LIKE the heydey of the 60's, but it still had a great atmosphere, it was always packed out and still retained a certain quirkiness. Ron the DJ, and the obligatory 'Unchained Melody' at the end of the night.....(funny how that song always reminds me of cleanin ashtrays innit?)
    I worked there in the evening but also on the lunchtimes, when it was a pound a pint and all the oldies used to come in for a cheap pint or two, I remember Dave Jones Mum comin in every day , we used to have good chats me and Mrs Jones (aint that a song?), I often wonder what happened to her , I thought she was LOVELY, a character, she used to go to St Johns market for her shoppin and come in and get a bag of spicy chicken wings out her bag and go 'there you are, have one of these'......lovely lady.
    I'm glad its now back in the hands of people who are so passionate about the history of it, thats what it needs, its a landmark and part of our heritage.....and Im always proud to say I worked there and met my Hubby there.

nice story Cilla

Thumbs up tricia w

The forum is great ,my son and daughter introduced me to it .It,s so interesting ,i have just been looking at the thread on the cavern.Very happy memories for me ,spent in there.I was a little upset at the portrayel of the girls that went,( by Kev),my friends & i were not rough ,and we made some good friends from Gerard Gardens,the bullring ,burlington street. We all looked out for each other,i also went to the Mardi & met my husband who i have been married to for 37 years (god thats a long time).Glad i joined ,looking forward to more good threads

Hiya Tricia, great to see you here. Welcome.
    Yes, it's a smashing forum. Lots to read and loads to learn about our city.

Smile

,Thanks Lindylou for the welcome ,just finding my way around ,looking forward to more chats .Tricia

scouserdave

Hi Cilla and Tricia,
    I took my sis in law and her hubby to The Cavern when they visited here from Singapore in 2005. Didn't have the heart to tell them it was the new one. They're Beatles mad and were gobsmacked to visit there.

Cilla, I see you're from Fazakerley. One of my brothers lives on the Field Estate.

Last edited by scouserdave; 02-17-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: "tha" instead of "the"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tricia w View Post
    I was a little upset at the portrayel of the girls that went,( by Kev),my friends & i were not rough ,
    Me? where's that message then? welcome tricia btw
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12