Thread: Seaforth Scrapyard

Default Seaforth Scrapyard

I really like this place - heaps and heaps of scrap metal, a lot of it unrecognisable but there is quite a lot of ex-shipping and railway scrap, such as huge engine blocks and components, wagons, caterpillar tracks and suchlike. Quite an eerie place to explore - I kept half expecting Sand People to suddenly appear on top of the mounds, but nothing untoward happened.

In the middle of the site are the remains of the scrap processing machinery, which by the looks of things hasn't been used in a long time. There was evidence of change since my last visit, including moved heaps of scrap and two massive sets of oxy-acetylene cutting gear.

Fine pictures, Snappel. Like a metal graveyard.

Is that on the Docks?
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Pictures of Seaforth Scrapyard fab, I share your facination

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Is that on the Docks?
    Yes, it's by the windfarm north of the Freeport.

Blog Entries

Great pics again
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Brilliant pics Snappel I can't place this scrappy near the wind turbines, apart from the one on Seaforth Road. I thought it was the one in the Alexandra Docks when I first viewed your pics. Here's a few:

Those photos are fantastic. So clear they look like they are from a magazine. (but I know they are all your own work)

Dave, it's tucked away behind the windfarm. You'd probably only really see it from a boat. Me and a couple of mates found it by accident once whilst looking at the radar tower nearby. I went back one night on a photo mission which was good fun, and since then I've been back during the daytime to photograph the scrap.

Aside from that, the only other scrapyard I've explored is at Canada Dock, and we weren't there long before the old bill drove up and told us to do one! A shame, because there was some interesting looking stuff there. It all gets shipped off to the Far East I suppose.

Is this place referred to as the Metal Shearer?

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Aside from that, the only other scrapyard I've explored is at Canada Dock, and we weren't there long before the old bill drove up and told us to do one! A shame, because there was some interesting looking stuff there. It all gets shipped off to the Far East I suppose.
    Sorry Snappel, I've just realised that the photos I posted are from the Canada Dock. Did you visit over the weekend, because I know the bizzies don't patrol during the weekdays. In fact I'm surprised they patrol at all, considering it's on private property. Best time to visit is daytime midweek wearing PPE gear. That way, nobody gives you a second glance.

Thanks for the advice! Yes, it was one weekend last year. The copper was alright about it, but he seemed confused about how we got in!!

scouserdave

Here's one of the Far East (Philippines) ships taking on the scrap metal

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Dave, it's tucked away behind the windfarm. You'd probably only really see it from a boat.
    Snappel, just found it. Thanks.