LIVERPOOL star Cilla Black is considering moving back to her home city, she told the Daily Post last night.

On her darkest days, the entertainer tells her close friends she misses Merseyside and wants to return to her roots.

She admitted returning could also help her in her mission to find a northern soulmate after dismissing southern men as boring.

But the 61-year-old confessed she has little time to devote to her search as she already has four close male friends, who she sees on a rota system.

She told the Daily Post: "When I'm feeling a bit fed up I want to be back in Liverpool. I think about moving back.

"I tell my friends I'm going and they say "you wouldn't last two minutes" but I know I'd love it.

"The people are fabulous, so friendly. There is a big north-south divide, it takes much longer to get to know people in the south.

"I'd like a northern man, southern men are so boring.

"I don't want to get married again, although I never say never. I'm still madly in love with Bobby so how can I get married?

"I've got four men who I see on a rota system, I'm very lucky in that respect. They are my good friends.

"It's very difficult for me because I know that when people chat me up it's because of who I am.

"I know that I'm some kind of trophy for them, but I hope they then like me for who I am.

"If we go out on a date they have to pay though. I only go Dutch when I'm in Holland.

"Anyway I had my palm read the other day and I was told I'm going to meet an American lawyer. I'm going to America in October so you never know."

Cilla was back in the city to launch Liverpool Women's Hospital's new Buds and Blossoms appeal as part of its 10th anniversary celebrations.

Patients and visitors can pay £1 for a bluebell or pinkbell bulb to be planted in the grounds and named after someone special to them.

The money will be used to build more accommodation for patients' families to stay in..

Wearing a black Escada suit and Dolce and Gabbana shoes, Cilla planted bulbs in the grounds with a little help from ten toddlers dressed as flowers from Chatham Place Nursery School.

She had hoped to catch up with old pal Cynthia Lennon at the Cavern last night but had to fly back to London for another charity event.

Most of her time now is devoted to travelling. She has just returned from a trip to Marrakesh and is days away from flying out to America - a far cry from her early life.

Born Priscilla White to a mother who was a market stall seller and a father who was a docker, she worked as a hat girl at the Cavern.

But her burning desire to sing saw her secure a recording contract and she had her first number one in 1964 with Anyone Who Had a Heart.

She later turned her hand to presenting and became a big name prime time host with shows like Surprise Surprise and Blind Date.

But he last few years have proved turbulent.

As well as losing Bobby, her beloved husband of 30-years, to cancer, her Buckinghamshire mansion was raided by burglars who made off with £1m of jewellery.

Last year she became a grandmother when her oldest son Robert and his wife Fiona had a baby boy called Max.

She said: "I'm called Bubba, not grandma or nanna - it sounds too old.

"He's adorable, he's got such a lovely smile."

She added: "I came back to Liverpool last year to shoot a documentary and went back to Scottie Road to the phone box where Brian Epstein phoned me to tell me I'd got my first number one.

"It's changed so much. I was so excited when Liverpool won Capital of Culture.

"I really want to be involved, I've talked to Sean Woodward, the St Helens MP about it.

"It would be great to have a big project to really get into."

samlister@dailypost.co.uk