YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland Road and Kirkdale Area

Thanks

Default Scotland Road and Kirkdale Area

I work for the Scottie Press and we are looking for items of local interest for our paper and website. Has your eldest won a scholarship to Oxford is your gran 101, local pub teams won a cup, outings, charity events anything and everything that may be of local interest. Pictures old and new are also most welcome. I can be contacted at
    crogan@scottiepress.org and I welcome contributions from young and old alike, anything will be looked at although I cannot guarantee that I will be able to publish everything. It's not the *** after all.
    Thanks

ADVERTISING

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spress View Post
    It's not the *** after all.
    I'm intrigued as to what the offensive three letter word is that's been removed. Could it be the name of the Rupert's rag that besmirched Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough?

To keep on topic, This morning I drove up Fountains Road and saw my old local the Kendal Castle had just been demolished along with what was left of the school.

Lot's of people lined Westminster Rd crying their eyes out.

Thanks

Yes oddsocks, I should imagine that the 3 letter word, (which in our house is a swear word) does have something to do with the Hillsborough events.

Pennylane

Quote Originally Posted by Oddsocks View Post
    I'm intrigued as to what the offensive three letter word is that's been removed. Could it be the name of the Rupert's rag that besmirched Liverpool supporters at Hillsborough?

To keep on topic, This morning I drove up Fountains Road and saw my old local the Kendal Castle had just been demolished along with what was left of the school.

Lot's of people lined Westminster Rd crying their eyes out.
    Kirkdale is only a shadow of the community it once was

Thanks

The Kendall has been gone for a year or so now. The whole Easby estate is coming down for new housing. I learned to swim in Wessy Road baths and saw Everton stay up in the old bill pub (ex bridewell) when locked out the game at 2.20pm.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Thanks

My mum was born in Fountains Road Kirkdale, back in the early 1900s. She was from a large family.(Which were usual in those days) They lived in a large victorian house. She used to have to clean/whiten the steps outside the front door, this was her chore. That she had to do. Her father was a stoker on The Lusitania, so her mum or ma, as she called her. Depended on her older sons to help out alot, whilst her husband was away at sea.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast