Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gardens of Stone: Free City Centre Screening

Default Gardens of Stone: Free City Centre Screening

There will be free screening of Gardens of Stone on Saturday 20th January at the Neuro Support Centre in Norton Street (next to National Express). The event starts at around 13:00 and will include Ged Fagan's model of Gerard Gardens on display.
    Spaces are limited, but if you would like to attend please email me at;

gardensofstone@fsmail.net

and I will add your name to the list. I need to confirm the final numbers on Monday, so an early reponse would be appreciated.

MissInformed

have just emailed you.

Interesting, but why have you posted the same thing in 3 different threads?

Just in case it gets 'lost' from the summary as further threads are added. It could be assigned under any of the chosen subject headers, just hoping people who are interested get a chance to see it. Apologies for the 'belt & braces' approach.

I think maybe in case someone, somewhere misses it and doesn't use the whole board or it gets hidden if another posting in the same category makes it fall from the lead page. It seems peeps do use the whole board though so will see it somewhere eventually

It may be a good idea if peeps do what Missinformed has done and that way others will know who else is going from this site which may encourage others. It's a truly great film and always causes genuine interest and debates and people from the area swapping memories etc. It's also a very good pictorial record of Liverpool through the decades too.

All previous screenings were free too and people have sadly been turned away at the door and on the phone at the 4 FACT screenings which also included some of the Liverpool groups who are included in the soundtrack such as The Farm and The Christians. Local media figures from Radio Merseyside, the Daily Post & Echo and culture Co have also given it a massive thumbs up.

It was also shown at local venues to the subject matter such as Holy Cross/Marybone centre and The Silvestrian as well as to over 100 CDS housing residents at their annual meeting in the LACE centre in Sefton Park.

Best Regards to you all.

Ged.

How about a soundtrack CD?
    " If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from".

"I could have been a footballer - but I had a paper round"..Yosser Hughes

The problem is copyright permission which is holding up the release of the dvd for general release. The artists have no problem with it, but it's up to whoever owns the rights to the music and archive film etc, though the latter has pretty much been overcome.

Thanks for letting us know.

Unfortunately I'll be working so I won't be in attendance.

One day though hopefully I'll get chance to come to a showing.

Best wishes for the day.

Ross

Thanks Ross, I am hoping to arrange further screening in 2007 under a '20 years ago today' banner (including a Sgt Pepper type photo!). in 2007 it is 70 years since Gerard Gardens was opened, 50 years since Violent Playground was shot there, and 20 years since it demolished. Altough the film focues upon Gerard Gardens, it represents all residents of the tenements in the 20th Century. I will post any further screenings when confirmed.

It's great the way it's 70 years, 50 years and 20 years. It's worked out well thats hasn't it?

The idea of the Sgt Peppers photo is great.

Ross

MissInformed

who else is going to the screening? looking forward to it!

Sometimes an organisation will contact Paul to see if he can accommodate them for a screening. This one was requested by Hornby housing for a number of their residents so we're in their hands on how they publicise it and how many attend so Paul has asked if we can add to that number. Up to now Merseyside Heritage, Scottie Press and Liverpool t.v. will be amongst those in attendance with hopefully some of you guys so we can put some faces to the names. We never tire of this screening as it's always new people getting to see it and it usually provide some good talking points afterwards.

Default Fully booked

Paul has just contacted me to ask that I put a message on here saying that Hornby Housing have confirmed that all available seats are now taken so those that have emailed him privately will have a seat, apparently the room only holds 30 and they've said that if there is sufficient demand, they will ask Paul for another screening at some later date. Thank you for your support.

Gnomie

I will have to go a later screening

I would never make the saturday one from work.

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in the film, the screening on Saturday is now full subscribed.

I will keep the forum informed of any future screenings, and I am looking forward to reading reviews (good or bad!) from any budding Barry Normans / Mariella Frostrups out there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast