I did'nt say anything about us being Irish , but both sets of my greatgrandparent were IRISH though ! As for us engaging in the Irish troubles , well i blame the Orange order for that one , they are carrying on some age old tradition that belonged to William of Orange and the battle of the Boyne , and they rubbed our faces in it on a weekly basis , i was too young to understand it all until i got older .. As for the politics of it all well , i was in Belfast last year visiting a friend , she is studying to be a human rights lawyer , she works with the Lawyer who helped to write up the Good Friday agreement , she told me that you have to live it to even begin to understand the complexities of it all .. But i'll tell you this , as soon as i got into the taxi , the driver kept asking me what part of Belfast did Grace come from , the Falls Rd or the Shankill , Grace is protestant , but i told him she just lives by the city centre .. It's still a bone of contention over there , and to me , it has more to do with each generation teaching hatred than it does with politics !